“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I visited Salzburg with a friend for 4 nights, we booked through American Express and took advantage of the slightly extra you can pay to gain access to the 7th Floor, Club Lounge. We had a very good room on the second floor which overlooked Mirabell Gardens - this is the Club Floor.
The Club Lounge is excellent, whenever we went up there (which was quite often) there was also a good selection of fresh food and drink. We had our breakfast - a lot of choice and you could order something different if you needed to. We then went back up there late afternoon for tea and cake and then again for a drink and nibbles before we went out for dinner in the evening. If you wanted to you could eat there all the time. The staff everywhere in the hotel were extremely polite and helpful. The cleanliness of the entire hotel was excellent. The position was ideal for walking to the old town or to Mirabell Square where you can catch the bus.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking Mirabell Gardens
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Elizabeth W,

Thank you very much for your recent review at Tripadvisor. I am glad that you had the chance to enjoy our Club Lounge and that you were satisfied with all the advantages. It is a pleasure to read your positive words about our staff, the cleanliness and the choice of food and beverage. It is our intention to make guests feel at home at our property and therefore we are always working on the quality of our rooms and our staff.
Looking forward to see you back soon in Salzburg I remain with my best regards

557 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently stayed for a weekend at this hotel and really liked the place. It is old-world-charm in design and furniture and could do with an upgrade in some areas like the lobby, but it also reflects the city quite well.

The room was comfortable and spacious, but the highlight is the club lounge on the 7th floor. It overlooks the adjacent park and provides a great view of the castle. Food and beverages are of high quality and the choices are great. Evening cocktails are served until 10.30PM, the longest I have ever experienced at any Sheraton hotel.

The staff could be a little warmer and welcoming, taking better care of guests, e.g. at breakfast to refill coffee and juices or take away plates, but service was still on a good level.

The only thing that was very disturbing were the various smells in the lobby. Either it reeked of smoke from the bar (I was very surprised to see people smoke indoors in an open space like the bar-lobby area polluting the entire area) or of grease from the kitchen. The hotel should do something about ventilation in the lobby if customers should be allowed to smoke at all...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear SFLeonce,

Thank you very much for sharing with us and other travelers your recent experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is our intention to make guests feel at home at our property and therefore we are always working on the quality of our rooms and our staff.
Also I am thankful for your constructive criticism concerning the ventilation in the Hotel lobby. This is a serious suggestion to improve the well-being of all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon. I remain with my best regards
Preston, Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the Sheraton Salzburg. We stayed in a classic room which had just been refurbished, it was fabulous. Huge super king sized bed which was perfect, I really struggle sleeping anywhere other than my own bed, I had the best nights sleep in this bed. The room has every facility, tv, table and chairs, radio, iPod/iPad doc, minibar, safe, umbrella, ironing board, iron, night light, lots of storage space, a fabulous bathroom with walk in wet room/shower, they had literally thought of everything. We had such a comfortable, relaxing stay, which I can't say I've had from other 5 star hotels. If this is the Sheraton standard, we will certainly stay with Sheraton again.

• Stayed November 2013
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear MrsEnty,

Thank you very much for your review at Tripadvisor. Feedback from our guests allows us to constantly improve our service. I am glad that your room at our Hotel measured up to your expectations and that you have enjoyed your stay that much. Looking forward to welcome you back soon here at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel I remain with my best regards
Lidingo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I really can't tell you how impressed we were with this hotel. From the minute we walked in we felt unbelievably welcome and we knew it was going to be a great stay. We stayed in a 2nd floor club room which I highly recommend. Booking a room on this floor gives you access to the 7th floor club lounge where you can relax and enjoy fabulous food and beverages included in the price of your room. We started every morning with breakfast which consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, deli meats and cheeses, fruits, yogurt, pastries, breads and cereals. They will also offer to make omelets and fried or hard boiled eggs. In the afternoons after a morning of sight seeing we made our way back up for a beer, bottled water or coffee. In the evening after dinner we would visit once again for a nightcap. Different whiskies, beers, wines, juices, waters and delicious desserts, cheeses and breads are available all day long. We have stayed at other hotels with club floors but this one is by far the best we've ever experienced. It really is amazing that they offer all of this! There are also two hot dishes in the afternoon and evening along with soup if you can't make it out or prefer not to go out for a meal. The staff is unbelievably friendly, knowing our names after the first day, and welcoming too, always clearing dishes and asking if everything is alright. Our room was clean, well appointed and the housekeeping staff made sure we had plenty of towels and amenities every day. Our room, 212, overlooked Marabell Gardens with two huge windows that opened so that we could enjoy the fresh air. We also had free Wifi which is very important for my husband whom is always working throughout vacation! The hotel itself is in a great location with Mirabell Gardens right behind it which you can walk through to get to Old Town. Old Town is a quick and beautiful 10 minute walk from the hotel and the staff will give you directions along with a map of the city to get you started. We have traveled all over Europe and I have to say that this is one of our favorite places to visit and stay….can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: I definitely recommend reserving a Club Room with access to the club lounge and a garden view if ava...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear melzyr,

Thank you very much for your sharing with us and other travelers your recent experience at the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel. I really appreciate your positive words about our Hotel and am very glad everything was to your complete satisfaction. It is our intention to make guests feel at home at our property and therefore we are always working on the quality of our rooms and our staff. It is a pleasure to read your recommendation of our Club Lounge. We tried to create an entire level of executive comfort and are pleased that you could enjoy all the advantages. Hopefully we will again have the chance to welcome you when you are back in Salzburg. I remain with my best regards
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I very rarely rank a hotel as "excellent" but this particular hotel exceeded all expectations. The location was great, right behind the Mirabell Palace and gardens and about a 10 minute walk to the old city of Salzburg. The service was fantastic, they accommodated our early check-in request and didn't charge us for an extra day of parking even though we stayed over 24 hours (hotel parking is 17 Euros for each 24 hours). The rooms were clean, modern, spacious and well-decorated. The beds were also VERY comfortable. Wifi, bottled water and chocolates were provided complementary of the hotel. Restaurant recommendations in the neighbor provided by the front desk staff were also very good and more reasonably priced than the more touristy old Salzburg restaurants across the river. I don't know how much a stay here in high season would cost but for the low rate we got (for a mid-week late October stay), this is one of the best hotel values I have every gotten for my money. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear travelover007,

Looking forward to see you back soon in Salzburg I remain with my best regards
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Room is very big and furnishing is above average. Breakfast selection was great & high speed internet connection was very reliable. Both breakfast & internet was included in our room package which gave excellent value for money. Parking at the basement was very convenient but had to pay 35 euros for 2 full days. Hotel is within 3 minutes' walk from the Mirabell gardens & a pleasant stroll to all the major attractions in the old town. Staff at reception does not speak very good English but is very friendly & tries her best to help. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear JimTan,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your positive words about the Sheraton Salzburg Hotel very much. I am glad you had a pleasant stay and that you were satisfied with your room, breakfast and our staff. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon. I remain with my best regards
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in very convenient and quiet location. Only a 10 minute walk from the old town and located next to the Mirabell Palace. Staff are friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast won't leave you hungry! This hotel is what you would expect from a Sheraton. The car parks in the garage below are tight (but that is the case in most hotels in Europe). We also had dinner at the "sister" Sheraton hotel in the old town. That was also good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear YLH01,

I am glad that our Hotel and staff measured up to your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you to Sheraton Salzburg Hotel back soon. I remain with my best regards
Herbert Mosbruck

Been to Sheraton Salzburg? Share your experiences!