“Made to feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 135 hotels in Salzburg
Canton, Georgia
“Made to feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located to downtown Salzburg and right next door to the beautiful Mirabell Gardens. The facility was clean and had every amenity that you need when traveling abroad.

I have to say that the staff made the place feel like home. They were friendly and extremely helpful in every way. We especially enjoyed getting to know one of the bartenders named Ben. He not only offered top notch service at the bar, but helped us in knowing where to go for entertainment and restaurants that were off the radar for tourist!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear "TLCousins",
I am happy to read at Tripadvisor, that you liked your stay at our property. Not only the hotel but also the bar service was to your satisfaction. You can be sure that I will pass on your nice words to our bartender Ben. Hopefully we have the possibiliy to once again host you should your travel plans lead you to Salzburg.

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Decent upscale hotel in a great location. Easy to step out the door and see downtown Salzburg. Hotel is clean and well staffed. Rooms are huge and bathrooms have showers and bath tubs. Decor in rooms and lobby is nearing 'aged' by most city standards but no worse than other hotels in Salzburg. Street parking after hours was easily attainable and enabled us to avoid paying for parking. Didn't pay for the breakfast. But would stay here again on next trip to Salzburg.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I usually don't like to stay at big hotel chains on vacation, but this one was an exception. We stayed in one of the renovated terrace rooms on the 1st level. This was a beautiful, beautiful room, very spacious with a true king size bed (not two twins pushed together), TONS of storage space, a great double sink bathroom and (best of all) a beautiful private terrace looking out onto the Mirabell Gardens. I thought the location was good too...walking distance from the train station and also a short walk (10 minutes for us, along the beautiful river) to the old town and all the sights and restaurants. My only complaints...no free wifi and a wildly expensive breakfast. We only stayed one night and I definitely could have stayed more.

Room Tip: Get a terrace room on the first floor. The view of the gardens and giant trees is lovely.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear "ChristyC",
many thanks for writing your comment at Tripadvisor. Great to hear that you have liked your room on our newly renovated 1st floor and our facilities. Looking forward to your next visit I remain with my best regards
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Outside of the challenge of getting into town and finding the hotel, this place is 1st class...certainly the nicest Sheraton I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed at a ton).

First, a warning to those driving into town. We followed our GPS, took the exit as directed, only to be met with a road block stating that the city was closed and we couldn't get in. We ignored the signs (as we were offline using GPS and were concerned if we fell off track, we'd be lost forever) and forged ahead to where a police officer pointed us away. Rolling down my window, I explained that we were trying to get to the Sheraton downtown where we were staying. I'm not quite sure he completely understood me, but waved us on so we could stay on track (shew!). GPS would later get confused on exactly where the hotel was (Google maps isn't perfect in Europe), so we circled several blocks, went the wrong way down a one way at least once (just like the movies, but with much less traffic...city was closed after all), and finally found it. When we asked at the desk (that welcomed us with a much appreciated glass of champagne), they explained that the city is closed to reduce traffic, and we simply had to show them a print out of our reservation to get in.

Oh well, so our room wasn't ready, but they sent us straight up to the executive lounge while we waited. I could have camped out there for the whole trip. What an amazing lounge...best I've ever had the pleasure of visiting...by a mile. Only thing missing (and this is a nit) was a friendlier, more engaging staff. Don't get me wrong, they were not rude...actually very professional, pleasant, and accommodating, just not really warm. It's probably a cultural thing... We did run into an intern that was very sweet during our stay.

I wished I had taken a picture of this lounge...over the top amazing. Two beers on tap (should I go any further). An entire case full of Red Bull (every flavor...not a fan of their cola). Wine, champagne, breads, cheese, soups, salads, sweets, real food (not your typical bar fare). This place rocked!

Our room was also really nice. We had a junior suite with a huge bathroom (especially for Europe). Again, first class...very nice.

The location of the hotel is perfect. Right next door to the Mirabell Gardens for a peaceful walk into town, just a few blocks away.

Stay here with confidence...this isn't a typical Sheraton by any stretch.

Dear "JimLovesToTravel",
I have just read your detailed comment at Tripadvisor and I am really impressed. Lucky to read that our facilities especially our Club Lounge exceeded your expectations. Furthermore I am glad that you also liked our newly renovated rooms. Once again thanks for your words and I am looking forward to welcome you back again.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Sheraton Salzburg is a great property. It is situated right beside Mirabell gardens and very close to all the amenities of old town. The 7th floor SPG lounge (Etage 7) was absolutely amazing--great breakfast, and super drinks and snacks throughout the day. The rooms are solid--clean, comfortable and well-appointed. We loved the cafe/terrace at the back of the hotel, which has an opening right into Mirabell park. The Staff is great--we left a bag with all of our gift purchases in the terrace cafe, and didn't realize it until after we left. We called the hotel--they had found it and sent on to us with no problems. There is no doubt that the next time we go to Salzburg, we will stay at the Sheraton!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear "dwallen1",
thanks for your nice posting. It is a pleasure to read that the Etage7 with our Club Lounge gave you a "Wow" effect and that you were fully satisfied with our staff and your room.
Looking forward to your next visit I remain with best regards
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We went here with my husband's Starwood points, but also for the location. Very nice! Clean and comfortable and so convenient to all Salzsburg offers. Being late July and extremely hot, the AC in our room was superb!! Nice clean room, service oriented place and walking distance to everything. No regrets. We ate at the hotel restaurant late one night, when all restaurants were closed and were treated with such excellent service. I would stay here again without hesitation. Also, if you have "Club" access to the lounge upstairs, their breakfast and cocktail hours were a very helpful and excellent addition to our stay. Absolutely no complaints, even minor. Do not worry when booking this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonSalzburg, General Manager at Sheraton Salzburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Mr. "Cogster",
I would like to take the liberty and thank you for your nice posting at Tripadvisor. With great pleasure I have read that our staff, service and your room with Club access have met all your expectations. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back once again at our property.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We very much enjoyed this hotel. It is very nice, very clean, with a high level of service. The location is excellent. It is next to the Mirabell Palace/gardens, and one can walk through the gardens and be in the old town within 10 minutes. So going to the old town is actually part of the sightseeing. The hotel is also less than a 10 minute walk from the train station, should you wish to take a day trip to, for example, King Ludwig's palace at Herrenchiemsee. Tour and public buses have a pick up stop a half block from the hotel.
We had a junior suite with access to the executive lounge, which I found very helpful. They have an excellent breakfast with made-to-order eggs, and there is food available in the lounge until 10 pm, so one can stop in for a bite if one wants to get to an evening show and doesn't have time to go to a restaurant for dinner.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have a nice view of the park.
Dear "Gornie",
thanks very much for posting such a nice comment. I am happy to read that everything was to your satisfaction and that you have liked your room and our Club Lounge.
Looking forward to welcome you back again I remain with my best regards
Herbert Mosbruck

Been to Sheraton Salzburg? Share your experiences!