“Fab evening” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Preston, Lancashire.
“Fab evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Went here on the first night of our holiday. The food was great as was the beer. We sat outside as it was very warm. Lovely atmosphere when all of the garden lights came on. Highly enjoyable.

Visited August 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Wonderful memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Where do I start! We absolutely loved this restaurant! The atmosphere was so relaxed and family orientated. We stayed at a B&B down the street where they recommended this restaurant. We went 2 days in a row. Very acceptable prices with delicious food, beer and wine/schnapps. We were able to watch the horseback riding lessons from above. Wonderful!! This will be a wonderful memory for us! Oh by the way, make a reservation as its very busy!! You won't regret it!!

• Visited September 2013
Brescia, Italy
“Great typical place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great place with a good food. The cheeses are delicious and grilled meat - gorgeous. The atmosphere is relaxed and romantic. The priced will surprise you - very reasonable for the level of the reastourant. Highly suggested. I'll come here again.

• Visited August 2013
Spokane, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

If your staying on Moostrasse in Salzburg at one of the many fine B & Bs localed there, or even if your not, don't miss a chance to dine at Reiterhof Moos. This is a casual local family restaurant situated around a pension farmhouse. I can't compare Reiterhof to other restaurants in Salzburg because we only ate there. It was that good! The dinners were among the best we had in over three weeks of travels in Austria, Germany and Switzerland. Pay attention to the specials, I had the pork with wild mushrooms, which was gone the following night, much to my sons dismay. But the Almond Chicken was a hit both nights as was the trout. Portions were more than enough, in fact, so much so that we missed out on what looked like some fine deserts. Service was brisk and efficient, the room was a wonderfully typical Austrian farmhouse and the prices very reasonable. All in all a pleasant surprise, but next time I've got to save room for desert.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lebanon, PA
“A 'wow' experience in Salzburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at a hotel down the street whose restaurant was closed; Reiterhof Moos was highly recommended by our Innkeeper. We went upstairs to the dining room - and once we walked in we experienced Genuine European atmosphere & hospitality. You get the sense you are eating in someone's home. There were a lot of locals there the night we went, the atmosphere was cozy and intimate. The waiter helped with our decision, highly recommending the Gemüseplatte (vegetable plate) when I told him I was eating gluten free (I was deciding between that and the shrimp cocktail) - he almost insisted that I get it. When it arrived, I was so glad I listened to him! He presented it to me and when I remarked how nice it looked, he stated it was "the finest in all of Salzburg." It certainly did not disappoint! Ham & egg over veggies may not be the norm in the US, but we are missing out - it was absolutely delicious! My son got the Salzburger Schnitzel and declared it one of the best meals EVER - and for a 16 year old, that is quite a compliment.

Be aware that they accept cash only - a surprise to us US travelers - the waiter said he would take US dollars, so we used our currency converter and paid that way - I was impressed by his honesty in trusting us.

If you are in this area of Salzburg, a meal here is a must. It's a little tough to find and when you first enter the building as there is no one to greet you (you have to make your way upstairs) - and I would recommend calling ahead as we got the last table. If you are sensitive to smoke, be aware that you're in Europe and smoking is still allowed.

Such a delightful meal! A home cooked-meal experience while dining out.

• Visited June 2013