“A must do in Salzburg” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 30 Activities in Salzburg
London
“A must do in Salzburg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Had a fantastic time, great way to see Salzburg! Would recommend it to all especially if you like "Sounds of Music" however even my friends who wasn't a fan of the movie loved the tour! We only spent one day in Salzburg and this was definitely the best way to do it. Tour guide was great fun too! Would definitely do it again. :) x

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Bicycling through the Sound of Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My daughter and her boyfriend and I booked this tour and loved it! Our guide as a trained vocalist, which just added to the pleasure of the day as she sang songs from the movie at each site (we all preferred listening to her rather than joining in). The bicycling was easy, even for someone who hasn't been on a bike in 30 years! I suggest doing it early on your trip to Salzburg, then you can go back to some of the places as a tourist later. There is plenty of time to stop, take pictures, look around, etc. As we arrived at the abbey, the bells were pealing throughout the old town - magical! Then, when we went in the abbey, the nuns were singing prayers up in the choir loft - an extra touch we hadn't expected.
I do advise making reservations, you can do it via internet, once you know what day you are going. We hit a busy day, but luck was with us as a couple dropped out who had no ability to stay on their bicycles. If you love the music, you will love taking this tour.

Visited September 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
“One of the best things I did on our 2 week vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was really torn b/w the bus tour & the bike tour - I am so happy I chose the bike tour! This bike tour took us places the bus tour couldn't & that I wouldn't have had a chance to see on my own. Our guide was very enthusiastic & knowledgeable & our group was the perfect size - about 12 of us. We learned things not only about Sound of Music but Salzburg as well. We biked through beautiful scenery as well as parts of historic Salzburg. I couldn't believe that I was actually seeing settings from the movie right before my eyes - I had a smile on my face during the whole ride!!! Drivers there are very courteous, yielding to pedestrians, & I found it very easy to keep up with our guide. I don't exercise on a regular basis but am in decent shape - I found the bike tour to be just right from a physical standpoint - there was only 1 steep hill that most people walked their bikes up, otherwise it was no problem between the terrain & the photo stops/explore breaks we had. Another cool thing is they take pictures of you & load them to their facebook page where you're able to access them & share. I can't recommend this enough! (Plus, the exercise you get on this tour makes you feel a little less guilty about the strudel you'll eat later!) :)

Visited September 2013
Troy, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour for those anyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Went on the tour with my fiancé who is a huge sound of music fan. I had seen it as a child but truly don't remember much. The tour was fantastic for anyone, even those who just want to experience something unique. Our tour guide was very good . We went on a Sunday morning so the city was quite empty which made the biking even better.

San Diego, California
20 attraction reviews
“Very good tour but it was difficult to enjoy it with our group”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a very good tour and our tour guide was great. We biked through some beautiful areas and it was a great way to see Salzburg and the Sound of Music sights.

This tour needs an age limit. There were 3 children under 8 on bikes with my group of 20. The six year olds could probably handle biking for 3 hours, but they certainly could not handle biking across roads and through busy pedestrian areas. Our guide was forced to spend a lot of her time babysitting the children on our tour - which made the whole experience less enjoyable for the rest of us.

Our tour lasted over 4 hours, instead of 3.5 hours, and we were all tired of the kids taking over the tour guide's attention.

Our tour of 20 people also felt a bit too big, I can't imagine biking with 40 people. Instead of blindly accepting money, this tour needs to put limits on their group numbers and the children's ages. Encourage kids under 8 to ride tandem with their parents.

Visited October 2013