“Best Italian Food ever eaten (in Austria?!?!?!?)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Austrian, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Highland, Utah
“Best Italian Food ever eaten (in Austria?!?!?!?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We ate at Das Restaurant Wasserfall during our 2 week tour of Europe and it was our favorite meal of the whole trip! I am still craving the incredible pasta dishes that we ate there! We were looking for a restaurant close to our hotel and ran across this one on Trip Advisor. The food was absolutely exceptional and inexpensive for the quality. There were four of us in the group and 2 individuals got the seasonal pumpkin pasta and the other two ordered more traditional pasta dishes. Each one of the dishes was divine. I have been to many Italian restaurants in the US and in Italy and this was the best pasta that I have ever had. The amount of seasoning was perfect and the pasta literally melted in your mouth. The desserts were very yummy as well. I will return to this restaurant on my next visit to Salzburg.

“Outstanding Salmon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a long day of touring Salzburg alone and after several days of traditional Austrian meals, Wasserfall was like an oasis! Since I was alone, I dined at the bar, but still the service was very friendly. I had the most amazing salmon dish that I've ever had with fingerling potatoes and the mixed salad was very good as well. I had a nice red wine by the glass but don't remember which one. There was a good selection of wine and beer and I saw the bartenders make about a dozen mojitos while I was sitting there, so that must be the most popular drink.

Birmingham, Michigan
“Great place if you love garlic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I went to this restaurant based on the hotel recommendation
Food is very well presented, i took all fish courses, I would go back.
Prices are affordable, but they use too much garlic... So unless also your wife eats it you can say good by to a romantic evening!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food and experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We ate here one night with friends while visiting Salzburg for a wedding. We'd been in town for about three days at this point and like many of the other reviewers this was a great switch from the traditional food. Everything was outstanding. Only downside is that if you aren't a big seafood fan, the menu seems to have tons of seafood dishes. Problem for me since I'm allergic to shellfish. I had the steak and it was outstanding. Friendly service and beautiful atmosphere.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restarant is in the other side of the river from the Old Town. We found the food to be delicious and nicely presented. Very friendly service. It was good enough that we decided to return for dinner a second time. Reservations are recommended if you want to eat in the dining room.

• Visited September 2013