We stayed for 6 nights in Januar-Febuary 2013 at the Ramada City Hotel in Salzburg. We have been there before and like to be in Salzburg for some relaxing days at this hotel having short winter breaks and attending cultural events (Mozart week every year in January).
Rooms are very small, but up to date, nicely furnished and comfortable even offering a small seating area. On the sixth floor a hearty breakfast is served at the Panorama restaurant which indeed offers a lovely view in the morning over town, mountains and castle. However, after two days the always same buffet becomes boring. Some other food (changing fruit, dairy, cake not served) would make Ramada Mornings breakfast more enjoyable.
For breakfast and spa, service staff was unreliable on some days. During the first days we were offered coffee. We asked for fried eggs with ham which were served by very friendly staff and were nicely arranged with spices. Later - always after waiting longer time - we had to order coffee once or twice. Coffee was served immediately, but only upon request. Fried eggs with ham were missing ham (or bacon anyway) and spices.
Spa is small as expected for a city hotel: sauna, steam bath and five relaxing chairs, no water dispenser and at the first two days warm shower always (no cold shower after sauna. This is true and not due to not knowing how to use a cold-hot water tap). Opening time was limited to 6 pm - 10 pm which during summer we would not complain about. However, we feel that in January - in particular when having cold weather and lots of snow out there - staff could agree upon guests request to open the spa earlier. After protest the hotel switched on sauna on 4 pm instead of 6 pm. And on Sunday only which show some inflexibility with "hotel processes". Steam bath was announced to be a "aroma steam bath" which is not true since there was no flavour. You will find plenty of towels being replaced frequently, but empty soap and shampoo dispensers. After telling reception they were refilled immediately, though.
Actually, we were a bit surprised that you will not find any of the usual bathroom equipment as known from other 4-star hotels (e.g. body lotion, sewing kit) which would cost some pennies only. Anyway, no reason to complain about because there is a shopping centre next to the hotel to help oneself "in case of emergency". ;-)
It just turns out to be a hotel with a minimum calculation and somewhat passive service. but offering all essential services and quiet, clean, comfortable rooms..
Therefore, at this hotel, you certainly will have a relaxing stay in a central location at Salzburg, Also you will not miss anything if you just tell the staff which not always checks services and offerings. We would recommend the hotel any time, but for a true 4 star ranking would expect better services and varying food for breakfast buffet. This is the reason for our lower rating at this forum.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Salzburg City Centre Hotel Salzburg
- Ramada Salzburg City Centre Hotel
- Salzburg Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a few minutes of walking distance away from the baroque historic city and just off the train station makes the “RAMADA Hotel Salzburg City Centre” to the optimal home base for an easygoing vacation or business appointment.Park in our deep-level-garage (for a payment of a fee) with direct access to the hotel.The 120 rooms with modern and freshening design have costless WLAN, flat screens – cable – TV, radio, air condition, safe and a working area with a desk and telephone available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hospitality Alliance AG Deutschland, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ramada Salzburg City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.