Being from the United States I am familiar the Holiday Inn chain and when the room was booked I was almost disappointed to go to a small but beautiful city only to stay in a boring American "chain" hotel. This Holiday is not at all what I was anticipating. The rooms were a very comfortable, nicely laid out modern design. I spent a month there on business travel so had planty of time to get aquainted with the staff and they are all superb. The restaurant/bar manager and his crew are some of the best I've ever come across. The desk staff was always helpful. The German language is not my strong point and nearly all of the staff spoken very good Engllish which helped a lot as well. I will stay at this hotel every time I travle to Villach.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Villach Hotel Villach
- Holiday Inn Villach Hotel
- Villach Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As new design-hotel the hotel Holiday Inn Villach is the first internatl. businesshotel in the south of Austria. Villach, famous for its Mediterrean flair and its extensive festivals like the carneval Villacher Fasching or the traditional folkloric festival Villacher Kirchtag, is located in the tripoint of the 3 countries Austria, Italy and Slovenia. The area with its many lakes - Faaker See, Ossiacher See or WÃ¶rthersee, and mountains provides countless opportunities for sports or cultural events. 10 golf courses within a 10 to 30 min. drive (incl. courses in I/SLO). Famous spots like Triest (1,5h), Ljubjlana (1h) or Venice (2h) are worth a trip! The modern hotel offers high-tech equipment like W-LAN and highspeed internet access in all rooms, flatscreen SAT TV and air condition, aswell as an exclusive vitality club with sauna, sanarium, steambath, gym and massages. Located in the heart of town(major companies like Infineon or SEZ only a few min.away), by the river Drau (jogging), the hotel is the ideal location for business and leisure. It provides 12 conference rooms, all with daylight, air condition and latest technology, for up to 280 people. Furthermore the hotel is directly connected to the congress center of town (up to 2000 delegates).Public underground car parking available directly at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Villach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.