“Very good lokal food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Promenadenhof

Promenadenhof
Promenade 39, Linz A-4020, Austria (Altstadtviertel)
(0) 732 777 661
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #75 of 328 Restaurants in Linz
Cuisines: Austrian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Altstadtviertel
Bergvik, Gävleborgs Län, Sweden
“Very good lokal food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Seems like a popular place for lokals. Very good lokal food to a very nice price. I really enjoyed it!

Vienna, Austria
“Nice local atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The restaurant is very close to the old town. It is usually a place for the locals to enjoy their time until theie theatre bookings.
We enjoyed the quality of the food and the service. The restaurant provides several local tastes from their pre selected suppliers which we tasted nearly all and liked all of the moments we spent.
I recommend to the families.
If you need a bar for the business related occasions, it's also welcomed as we have seen.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Stands out as one of the best in Linz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We wandered through the Altstadt of Linz, looking for a good restaurant. No luck. Finally we asked a couple on the street and they immediately suggested the Promenadenhof.

The atmosphere is warm and attractive. We waited for awhile until someone came to seat us and, when the waitress came, she was somewhat abrupt and not particularly helpful.

Still, the food was very good. My wife had an excellent Wiener Schnitzel (with veal) and I selected a loin of veal that had been been braised for 12 hours. It, too, was good; very tender but the flavor was very mild.

This is a good stop in a part of town with few good restaurants to select from.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Good Food, Good Atmosphere, Laid Back Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Overall I'd come to this restaurant again. It had plenty of indoor seating for those rainy days with an outdoor patio around back for another dozen tables. There seemed to be plenty of choices on the menu and I was happy with what I ordered-- good sized, tastes great, good presentation. There is also a small salad bar to start things off if none of the starters on the menu catch your eye.

The only things worth noting is that the service was really relaxed. The waiters were extremely polite, but I always had to catch their attention when I wanted something (another beer, the bill, etc). So, if you're rushed, this probably isn't the best place to go.

Secondly, the dessert I received was not what I ordered. It was still delicious, but I am not sure if they mixed up my order or if the menu had a translation error. But, hey, who doesn't love surprises? It turned out well in the end.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chandigarh, India
“Excellent option in Linz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had three course dinner with a large group and it was great experience food was of top quality and service was also commendable. The high point of this restaurant is the location and very exciting environment . Go for authentic Austrian food in this place

• Visited April 2013