“Well worth the money” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a few years after relocating their residence to Klosterneuburg, Margrave Leopold III and his wife, Agnes, founded the monastery near their castle as a religious, social and cultural center in 1114. They handed the monastery over to the Canons Regular of St. Augustine in 1133.
Killeen, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful grounds and really interesting items inside. I paid for the all inclusive ticket and I was there touring from 10-1544! The outside is picturesqu. The treasury had alot of expensive items that blew me away. I thouroughly enjoyed the wine tour as well even though o could not understand the guide due to me only speaking English. They have headsets which include multiple languages for a few tours, but not every single tour. Photos are allowed, no hidden fees and I usually skip out on museums but this one was great in my opinion.

Cairo, Egypt
42 attraction reviews
“a nice day trip outside vienna.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I went with my family to Stift Klosterneuburh and we had a wonderful time. It was a nice day trip outside of Vienna. I am a wine lover and we enjoyed the local wine that they made there, and we bought some excellent white wine and apple juice for my kids. It seemed intimidating to get their, but you take the last stop on the U6 and then walk right outside and hop on the 239 bus. There was a bus stop right outside the monastery. The views are amazing from the monastery, and we all had a great time.

Visited April 2012
Vienna, Austria
51 attraction reviews
“Nice day trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Take a train (s-bahn fro Franz Joesph bahnhof) or drive to Klosterneuberg on a sunny day to enjoy the scenery and the views.

Utah
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful church and surroundings. But the tour guide rushed us through.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We bought tickets to a self-guided tour of the Treasure Chamber which had cool things like a reliquary with a piece of the true cross in it, some highly-decorated skulls (also reliquaries), some amazing ivory carvings of final judgment, and some really cool Jugendstil religious vestments. We had little audio guides in English and our 10 and 9 year old daughters really loved listening to every word.
Then we had a guided tour in English (just us and the guide) around the actual church, including the really cool Verdun Altar piece. Unfortunately, as with many guided tours, he rushed us through as quickly as he could so we didn’t really get to soak it in.
But it was worth it to see the altar piece! Amazing! We're going to return when the weather warms up a bit to see if we can spend more time here. It's lovely!

Visited February 2012
Shanghai
5 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Theres so much to see and do in and around the Kloster,best is to google their website for their calendars of activities, exhibits, gardens, kids activity, wine......

Visited August 2011