Just returned from a very pleasing trip to Cyprus and I can't wait to share my feedback for this wonderful aparthotel. The hotel choice turned out to be one of the majors of the whole trip. But first of all I'd like to thank George and Diane for all the welcoming approach and their impeccable hospitality! This was really great! But, back to the property and I'll try to be as specific and obgective as I can.
First, a little word about our party - we were 4 people (me, my husband, our little son (2 yrs 9 mths) and my mom (aged 55). We booked a 1-bedroom unit (sleeping up to 4 pax). As we had the baby with us, when booking I asked for the most quiet room possible, and yes - we were offered a wonderful room #201 - on the upper floor at the corner where no one bothered us and our little screamer did not bother anyone with playing and running around. Besides, there is a huge cedar tree growing at the balcony and it gave us much shade from the raging midday sun. And we had even partial seaview from there!
What is best about this hotel -
1) Location! It's only 7 minutes by car from Larnaca, very quiet and green area, with supermarkets and cafes nearby. A Cytanet cardphone booth right at the door, as well as the bus stop. But the buses are very scarce on Cyprus, so a rented car will be much better.
2) The beach! We travelled through the island from Paphos to Cape Greco and the beach right in front of Lysithea (across the road) seems to be the best! It's sandy, clean and not too much populated. There's also a pebbled area there a little aside. The sea here is perfect for kids - shallow and calm, but with areas with depth for the adults to swim. There's also a windsurfing station.
3) The property! It's is really cosy and homely. The territory is very green and well kept. A lot of friendly cats and kittens living at the premises:) Free parking. Free WiFi. Daily cleaning and change of sheets and towels twice a week.
4) There are 2 pools - one for adults and the other is for kids (50 cm deep).
The unit has all the basic cooking utencils and cutlery, the oven, the fridge, a toaster and a kettle.
5) The electricity adapters for standard EU plugs in all the sockets.
Now about some minuses, although there're a really few of them -
1) The red ants can't wait to stroll around the kitchen any time. No food can be left unpacked even for 5 minutes.
2) It would be nice if there was a sweeper and a shovel for floor dust and an ironing board.
3) The hotel wes build almost 30 years ago and refurbished, but still the age can be seen at places.
Overall I'm very satisfied with our holiday and would recommend Lysithea to anyone looking for calm and effortless getaway. George is really great and was very nice and helpful whatever we needed.
Clear 4 points for the very property and 5 points for hospitality!
Ask for rooms on the upper floor to get some seaview.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.