“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel to your Saves list
SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40857, Pyla, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Pyla
Limassol, Cyprus
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This hotel is very nice right on the beach front. Quiet from main road. Beautiful swimming pool and bar area. All day service to the pool and beach bar.
Spacious rooms specially the suites. The rooms are clean.
I really reccommend this hotel for young people, families, and older people. It is suitable to everybody.

Room Tip: Corner suites facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Sandy Beach Hotel & Spa not only matched our high expectations but if anything surpassed them. Everything about this hotel is spot on, the staff greet you with genuine warmth, the food was fab, the facilities excellent, particularly the two swimming pools and the well equipped spa. Very stylish decoration and furnishings, spacious and very clean rooms with the most comfortable beds and pillows, a private beach with designed sun beds and a bar serving the best cocktails in town. By far the Sandy Beach Hotel is a well worth visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We spend in Sandy Beach 4 nights with all inclusive pakage... it was a great experience
(+): Location, just few steps from bus station- friendly staff - good food (especially dinner) - pools
(-): A little bit old, needs some renovation

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

After several weeks of deliberating over which hotel to book for a 5 night break, I eventually plumped for the Sandy Beach Hotel. The hotel had mixed reviews so I was abit dubious, but I have to say, the hotel exceeded almost all of my expectations. I went with my partner on an all inclusive break and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

The most accurate way I can describe this hotel is almost like its split into two sections. The communal areas and the rooms. The communal areas are absolutely superb. The comfy chairs and sofas are everywhere, with subtle candlelight at night which makes for the perfect evening, sitting outside in the warm evening air, with a glass of wine. The pool area is out of this world, particularly the double beds with mattresses which were worth getting up at 7am for!!! You can also swim at night, which I have never come across before and we spent a couple of evenings chilling out by the pool with a few drinks. The bars are plentiful and well staffed with I have to say, some of the friendliest hotel staff I've ever come across, extremely attentive and friendly. I also have to point out that the way some of the staff were treated on occasion by some other nationalities, was absolutely appalling, and so a big thumbs up to the staff for not letting it affect their attitudes. The beach is a lovely little cove with water sports, plenty of sunloungers and a 2 minute walk from the hotel (although it is dark brown sand, so avoid if you are looking for a white sandy beach). The restaurants were lovely, particularly the restaurant for the evening meal. The food was out of this world - special mention to the best banoffee pie I have ever tasted!!! This is NOT a place for you if you are a steak and chips or pizza and chips every night, kind of person. Its top quality fresh food, salads, meat off the bone, fish, fruits and the best deserts I've ever had. We could not fault the food or the drinks, especially the fact that unlike some all inclusives, they weren't tight with the water either, which is always appreciated in 40 degree heat!!!!

We went for an Executive room as we wanted a King Bed and we weren't disappointed. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable. I have to be honest and say the room was pretty basic considering it was the 2nd highest category room type. The bathroom was very basic and let down the 4 star image, particularly the shower. The hairdryer didn't work either, but to be fair, I didn't report it. Another thing that I have to mention is the lack of English channels on the TV. I appreciate you don't go on holiday to watch tele, but I do like a comedy or the odd movie, laying in bed and chilling out, but this wasn't really possible which was a shame. The entertainment was average, but one thing that did annoy me a little was on a couple of occasions we were sitting out at the bar having a pleasant evening listening to a singer on the piano, and then the next door hotel would have a band blasting away, which did spoil the relaxation a couple of times.

Apart from the odd niggle, this is an absolutely perfect hotel for what we wanted out of a holiday. A chance to completely rest, relax and unwind from hard, exhausting jobs, to enjoy some fresh, delicious food and drink, to relax in the evenings and unwind in a calm and serene setting. This is definitely not the place for you if you want to go clubbing and larging it every night but if you want a true getaway, this is the place to come. I would definitely stay here again, the next time I need some R & R.

Room Tip: All rooms with a pool view will be overlooking the entertainment which usually goes on until about 1...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had an amazing time the staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and housekeeper was very helpful. Please try the Spa it was so relaxing and Raphaella was excellent. I will stay there again in October when I go back to cyprus.

• Stayed August 2013

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Paphos, Cyprus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

From the price and the photos we expected sonething good but we were disapointed. Not satisfied with the rooms ( dirty and torn curtains). No sea view even that the booking said so. A cute beach near however.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The bed in the room is the best thing in this hotel.

The room is OK but for sure not a 4* grade.

The breakfast is very poor. Barely anything, I was happy to have my yogurt and fruits. The rest was not edible.
The food at the restaurant was horrible. Potato wedges are so hard you throw at the wall they bounce back at you. Fish not edible, salads are ok.

The pool is very nice only I couldn't believe that it is actually open to the public, so over the week end the hotel pool and beach is flooded by people who are not guests of the hotel. I couldn't believe it. I was there to relax and it was such a disappointment.

One person reserved 5 seats that stayed empty all day for a family that arrived at 3pm and who are not even hotel guests, while some hotel guests were lying on the lawn cos they ran out of seats.
I booked my sun bed from 8am to make sure I get one.
The non-hotel guests came in with their food and drinks and I felt like I was in some picnic area. It was horrible and chaotic, thank God I wasn't there for longer than a week end.

Reception staff, some were helpful, some were rude.
My flight was later in the evening so I stayed at the pool and had a shower at the spa. It was OK.
The reception lady confirmed that she called a taxi for me. I believed her of course. One hour later, turned out she went home and didn't call anybody. Her colleague had to call a taxi urgent for me to get to the airport.

Way too expensive for what we get. Why would I pay so much money for no privacy?
I definitely never go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: I don't know about good rooms but I know one advice for sure, do not eat at the hotel, the food...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!