“Not 4-star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel to your Saves list
SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road | PO Box 40857, Pyla, Larnaka 6307, Cyprus   |
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Pyla
St Albans
“Not 4-star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel as a friend of mine was getting married there. The wedding was lovely, the wedding meal good and the staff very helpful.
I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights sharing a room with 2 friends having pre-booked a triple room. The room however was a twin room with a smaller bed in the corner but we charged full rate. The furniture was dated, the room was small and the bathroom very basic with a weak shower. The air conditioning was old and noisy and not very chilled. Breakfast was ok with the usual offerings. The pool area was pleasant. I am from Cyprus and the beach by the hotel is one of the worst I've been to. Parking was also an issue.
I would rate this hotel as a 3-star maximum and 2 nights there was more than enough.

Room Tip: Don't get a triple room. If there are more than 2 people best to get 2 rooms - it costs almost t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Solo diving trip so stayed for two nights.

Check In
I had a very late arrival at 2:30 am. Security staff checked me in. Very quickly and a bit unfriendly but I was to tired to really worry about the check in quality.

Room
Nice and Clean room; a bit dated.

Staff
Nice and Friendly; check in staff the following morning were friendly. The restuarant staff was also very tentative.

Stella was very kind enough to allow me to have a late check out at 8pm. I was very appreciative that they were able to accomadate.

Resturant.
I had breakfast included. Not a massive selection but still the basics ie. full english breakfast. Had to pay extra for fresh orange juice.

Location
A few hotels on the same road sharing the same beach. A cheap 2 euro bus journey to town takes approx 10mins.

Overall
Not sure if I would go back. But a hotel still worthy of staying; as all the basic facilities are good.
But I have to say the staff were very kind in allowing me to have a very late check out.

I would say this is a very good 3 star hotel; and just border line 4 star.
Would I recommend it ? Yes and No its resonable priced for all the basic amenties.

"Was this review helpful?" PLEASE SELECT YES

Room Tip: If you ask nicely you can get late check out if required. I like to mingle with locals and touris...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We spent 10 days in the hotel in July 2012. It wasn't bad, but didn't worth 4-star. Nice territory with fantastic pool, good but always the same food and lovely stuff are advantages of this hotel. But we disliked poor furniture and the roar from the Lordos Hotel, because we booked Superior side sea view room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My partner and I bought a 4 nights stay on Groupon, flights transfers and half board, and went in Nov 2011.
First impression: hotel is very nice when you walk in, all white and clean. We arrived at 5am but were not allowed to get into our room so had to wait 5 hrs in the hall before they finally let us go at 10am (bit frustrating, but the sun rising on the beach was a nice thing to see :). The room was ok but nothing exceptional for a 4 stars hotel, clean with 2 comfy beds (what they call double room which can upset some but I kind of like my own space) but very flat pillows :-s. Bathroom was ok and clean but could do with refurbishment. I would have been more fussy if this hadn't been an affordable groupon offer. However, we were promised a "sea view" and yes, you will "see" the ocean if you bend over from the balcony! But mostly, we had view on the car park and bins containers.
Otherwise, the buffets were very nice, we especially enjoyed the breakfast served until 10am, which offers a large choice of food and drinks. How pleasant to drink your tea outside in the sun. We went first week of Nov so the swimming pool was frizzing and so was the sea, but luckily the weather was around 20-25 °C (windy most of the time). We absolutely loved the mattresses around the S-P to sleep and relax after breakfast.
Service in diner room was ok but terrible at the main bar. A couple of barmaid who don't pay attention to you when you talk to them and barely look at you when they serve you a £8 half pint of lager.
The most disappointing bit is that we chose this hotel for its advertised spa, inside pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym. In November, we thought it would be nice to get away fro, rainy England and feel warmness and cocooning inside the hotel. Well we found NO SPA, NO JACCUZZI, NO SAUNA, a 3 equipments gym and a 15sqm inside pool with view on the "in progress spa construction" and I can see from more recent comments that this spa is still not ready!! Sorry but they should not advertised something they don't have on site... To sum up, trust the travellers pictures, not the professional ones, don't go if you are desperate for a massage or a friendly and smiley face, but if you want peace and quiet for a few days, relaxing by the pool/sea, it can be a pleasant short break!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I got allocated to here because our original booking at the Louis Beach Princess (via travel republic) was over booked! We paid and booked in advance for all inclusive so it was carried forward to this hotel.
The hotel itself is very clean and contemporary. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfy. The food is nice.
The service however is a different story - especially when you feel second class because you have paid all inclusive which should not be the case ... The bar staff are ignorant-in the meltemi bar- rude and seem to pay more attention to paying guests and the locals. Our holiday was put on a bit of a downer as our hotel was not the original we paid for - we at least expected to be treated at least equally. Disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012
Larnaka, Cyprus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed at Sandy Beach hotel this week for one night, which was the first night of our wedding (which took place elsewhere). When I called to book the room, the reservations were very polite, and they even agreed to let us stay at the room until 3pm the next day - as we would arrive around 5am in the morning. We booked one of the executive rooms for 154 euros with breakfast. Having visited the hotel several times for wedding receptions and had pleasant experiences, and having booked one of the expensive rooms our expectations were high. However, when we arrived at 5am (still in wedding dress and all) we were greeted grumpily by a very sleepy receptionist who barely looked at us, let alone wish us something for the wedding, and who simply passed the key to us and told us 'third floor'. Needless to say we had to carry our stuff on our own to the room which was quite disappointing for an 'executive room'. It seems that when the hotel was renovated a few years ago they chose the cheapest materials (for example all lightings were from IKEA) while they left the bathrooms the same. There was only shampoo, shower gel and soap provided (I really needed the hair conditioner that night) and there was absolutely nothing complimentary in the room for newlyweds - not even a card! We were woken up early in the morning by maintenance people shouting at each other in the corridor, asking each other for tools from one room to the other! Breakfast the next morning was also disappointing - despite the variety it was not 4 star quality. It is served in a white decorated restaurant downstairs, which may look nice in photos but again has a much cheaper feeling than a 4 star restaurant. We were out by 10am the next morning as we were so disappointed we didnt even want to use the pools. Though it was clean and generally OK, it was simply not worth the money we spent and they definitely didnt treat a newly-wed couple as they should have. We are not going back I'm afraid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked a double room at this hotel, but upon arrival was given a twin room which I have stayed in 2 star hotels that have 10 times better. I was absolutely shocked to be told by the duty manager that a double room comes with twin beds!! Upon quizzing him what is a twin room? He replied a room with two beds?! And the a double room aparrently you have to request a double bed! At which point I pointed the difference only to be told "we can talk about is all evening but it won't change anything"

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from a duty manager. Motel standard rooms, at 5 star prices.

Avoid at all costs

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms unless they pay you to stay there
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to SENTIDO Sandy Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!