“Great place. Tops” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mariandy Hotel

Save Saved
You added Mariandy Hotel to your Saves list
Mariandy Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Larnaka-Dekeleia Road - Pyla, Pyla, Larnaka 6306, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pyla
“Great place. Tops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and tidy
Staff were plentiful and accessible, and very helpful. Food was great, and the menu variant. Pool was clean and around the pool was kept tidy. Bar prices were not to bad, can I recommend the chocolate milkshake, wow my kids loved it. I will be staying here again as it is only 30 mins from nicosia and the highway is very near for other destinations.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Protaras, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My father is staying at this hotel and we visited him. Although a 2 star rating the hotel was clean and the food was very good. Selection of fresh produce and the staff very friendly. He has no complaints and has praised the staff for their good service. For the price he said its well worth a visit. Over looking the sea it has a nice size pool the room is clean with air on tv and u can call room service for any thing you need.

Room Tip: Chose an ocean view with the balcony it's beautiful
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

VISITED 7TH APRIL - 14TH APRIL 2013 (EASTER HOLIDAYS)

At all costs, please please do not go to this hell hole! This place is purgatory!

By the first morning we were desperate to leave but due to the fact that we were visiting family at the army barracks close by we had no choice but to unfortunately stick this torture out.
Everything about this hotel is terrible. We fully appreciate that it was not expensive and is only a two star but it is simply not a holiday hotel. Extensive building work was taking place and the hotel should have not been open and bookings most certainly should not have been being taken. (See photographs.)

From start to finish the stay was truly awful. The greeting from reception upon arrival after travelling all day was only the start of the torture. However we were exhausted and we took to our beds which were actually acceptable as the room had been recently renovated. However, towels were rarely changed and the beds were never even made never mind changed for the whole week.

We had booked half board and ate there once. I have never witnessed anything like the way food is served in this hotel; they plonk down some bread, salad and dips. Then come through with a plate of food not asking what you want, telling you what’s on the menu, if you are vegetarian or if you have allergies. This process needs some SERIOUS revising. We were served pork, potatoes and tomato pasta. The meat was inedible as it was so dry and after this meal we decided to not return for food again. We did take a look at breakfast which consisted of boiled eggs, toast and cucumber. Goes without saying why we didn't bother with breakfast either.

Any idea of a relaxing break was thrown out of the window when at 7am we were alarmed by the deafening noise of building works and machinery. (Also there is a very busy road directly outside of the hotel and all night it keeps you awake, along with a generator on the roof of our room which was very noisy also.)

Then we noticed that the swimming pool was empty apart from slime covering the bottom of it. The whole of the outside of the hotel was off limits. This led me to return to reception for my questions answered of why this hotel was taking bookings when it was such a building site and basically a real dump. The manager was extremely rude, abrupt and intimidating (taking into account it was only me and my young daughter.) He refused to acknowledge what I was questioning and replied with “If you do not like it ring your booking company and leave.” However I had no choice but to stay due to my family commitments.

From then the stay just gradually got worse. The resort is vile; however it is totally suitable to accommodate a place like the Mariandy. The beach is just mud and water and you could honestly visit nicer places on your doorstep at home. There are no nice restaurants, cafes or bars close by which you would normally see on a holiday. It is 18 euros in a taxi at night into Larnaca one way, which defeats the point of booking a cheap hotel if you have to pay that much to see a small amount of life every night. We did however visit an English pub named the Queens Arms which is located 10 minutes’ walk away which was good value for money and served good food also. However we were also forced to book taxis to go and return due to the fact that when walking down the road individual men were slowing down and turning around in their cars to drive pass us which when it was only myself and my daughter was incredibly scary especially in a foreign country. This sums all the Cypriots up that we met – miserable, rude and incredibly ignorant. Considering the state their country is in they really need to improve the way they treat the tourist’s drastically. Another thing about the resort (if you can call it that) is the taxi fares are not only incredibly expensive (we paid 20 euros one way to the army barracks, we timed it and it is a 3 minute car ride.) They also use many various excuses to try and avoid giving you change and increasing the fare. So if you’re crazy enough to go ahead and book up here or if you are unfortunate enough to have already booked then I would advise you to be very aware of this.

Overall my advice would be to avoid this hotel and resort totally. I would never return to Larnaca ever again however if you do wish to visit Cyprus I would fully recommend that Paphos is 10 times nicer and to take yourself and your cash there instead. Book here and you’re throwing your money away completely! And if you have already booked here firstly try and get a change through your booking company before you go and if that doesn’t work all I can say is good luck because you will most certainly need it!

Room Tip: Just don't bother booking at all.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

First I need to qualify my stay. I was diving on the wreck of the Zenobia in February the closed season, winter if you prefer, in Larnaca. The hotel was having building work done and so when the season starts the hotel could be very different from when I stayed there.

I found all the staff to be very friendly. On a couple of nights I ate in the restaurant and the food was very good and plentyfull.

The room had all that I needed. A comfortable bed, a shower and a toilet. There was a television as well but as I did not turn it on I do not know what it is like. There was a balcony that I spent some time on but as I had other things to do not much time. The view is not spectacular now they have built some apartments between the sea and the hotel but a 100 metre walk takes you to the beach. The room had seen better days but as I say the builders were in so who knows what the rooms will look like later this year. During my stay the room was kept spotless.

Some of the facilities the hotel has that I did not use were: outside pools, gym, sauna and steam room. If you are visiting the Zenobia with Alpha Divers then this is the closest hotel to their dive centre.

For a very friendly hotel near the beach with very comfortable beds I cannot praise the Mariandy enough. It is not the Ritz but also it is not the cost of the RItz.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Haapsalu, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

First - to welcome, we waiting our room key 1,5 hours. Finally, at 14:30 we take it. Second - it's a worst view ever from the balcon( look at to the picture). Not recommend rooms from first floor. The hotel location is good - 15 minutes with bus to Larnaca Bay (tickets 1 euro and with taxi 10 euros). Dinner and breakfast - nothing special, but ok.Staff was friendly (i mean girls, not hotel manager).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We rested in the hotel from late July to early August this year. For a relaxing holiday at a reasonable price - perfect! The hotel is 15 minutes by bus from the central promenade of Larnaka. I think that it is his huge plus! 5-8 minutes walk to the beach opposite the hotel .... and you are almost alone on a clean beach.
The hotel is not new, but clean. Housekeeping - daily, bed linen and towels - ones every three days.
Breakfasts and dinners are rather monotonous, but tasty. And it is not so much fruits on the tables (( But! If you buy (order) meal - lunch or dinner, the chef prepares great!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The transfer from airport was good. Arrived at hotel 9.00pm to hot meal. If you travel half board then expect to pay €2.50 for a cup nescafe and not latte etc! Just powdered coffee, €3 for small glass wine and our spends in three days was €58.00 and thats just for few drinks!! Buses into town are random and you will wait an hour or more. Bus shelters are open so expect to burn in the heat while you wait!! The evening meals are set and you will just be handed a plate and will have to accept whats on it! Breakfast is the same every day and there is no choice at all. I come from Cyprus and overall I rate this hotel very poor indeed, having stayed in many hotels across cyprus and this is the worse. The beds are rock hard, shower doesnt work and the TV is unuasable. The bath was nice and deep but emptied itself while you were in it!, Luckily we are only here for a week so not too much of a loss but overall this
hotel is a bad mistake!
You heard the saying- you get what you pay for? well in this case you certainly do not!!

Room Tip: Tell the owner you want beach facing room.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mariandy Hotel? Share your experiences!