“Michelin Stars Fantastic food & wine & service - Wow factor” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The hotel's main restaurant, Joel Robuchon, offers a sophisticated, accessible cuisine with Mediterranean flavors, executed by Head Chef Christophe Cussac, who promotes fresh seasonal products. The open kitchen, a distinctive trademark of Joel Robuchon's philosophy: to share his passion and pleasure of food with his guests who can enjoy a direct contact with the Chef while he's cooking.
La Condamine, Monaco
“Michelin Stars Fantastic food & wine & service - Wow factor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This really is the best place in Monaco. If it's food, wine and class you're looking for, look no further. By special arrangement you can arrange to sit at "chefs table" which is a bar in front of the kitchen so you get to see all the chefs at work. What isn't to love about it. If I had the money, I'd eat there once a week. Elegant dining room, elegant people, special occasions or a simple romantic dinner - this is the place.

Visited April 2012

nyc
“Fabulous dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

One of the top 10 dinners I have ever had. Lovely ambiance, great service, wonderful food. Every dish was well constructed and well presented. You have to love the bread trolley as well. Like all of Monte Carlo, this is a very expensive establishment, but worth it.

Visited March 2012
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“It's a Michelin starred restaurant, but really not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

One of my customers loves to come to Monaco and dine with me (and then go in the nightlife till somewhere early in the morning ....), so I end up in this place around 3-4 times a year. The restaurant is located in what I think is indeed the best hotel in town, so it needs to have one of the best restaurants in town as well. Unfortunately it is really too expensive for what it is : starters are an average of eur 50, main courses an average of eur 70 ... We always go for the starter which I would resume as "egg remains with 6 drops of caviar", and as main dish I always take a suggestion, which last time (in January) was grilled lamb. I had myself persuaded to have it of the bone, which was a mistake : the presentation was like what you sometimes get in a kebab outlet. And yes, it was just a bit too greasy. Luckily there is the fantastic sommelier, a guy who loves his art and who ends up masterly to sell us at least 1 fancy bottle a head. The previous occasion we had a Silex, a beautiful white wine, really. A must try and discover. And they have a nice balcony where you can go and smoke a cigar and have your café. I can understand some foodies want to spend that much money to come and have a fantastic evening in this place, but if you ask me, I would rather have a delicious (the best in Monaco !) mozzarella di buffalo at TipTop, just 100 metres outside of this hotel to the right. PS : In the holiday season this restaurant is too much populated by nouveaux riches, and if you are really really unlucky, they are mostly from Moscow; so if you are a foodie and want to enjoy it without blingbling all around you, go in the dead season (end Nov - end March)

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

A quakity restaurant, as one would expect. Not cheap but worth a visit.

Megeve, France
“A homely Michelin restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The metropole hotel was in it's best glory when we drived in through the gate and admired the beautiful building, before giving our car keys to the voiturier and going into the building.

Inside we felt a lot better with moderate conditioning in all the rooms. The bar and the entrance hall had something of a club atmosphere, which was created very skillfully. In the interior design the Western Traditional style was mixed with silvers of the Eastern artefacts.

We were quickly led to our table, which was ideal for our purpose, because there was a view of the kitchen and the restaurant room itself.

The menu consisted of degustation menu "to discover and taste" and ordinary menu. It offered a wide selection of anything, to cater to any diet. Also, some of the dishes were available in degustation portions and in menu ones.

The first course of my child's were fantastic, very delicious and sweet, tomatoes, which our whole company appreciated a lot.

As a second course, our child was served iberica with tomato toast, which, in spite of the taste simplicity was one of the best iberica plates I ever had. At first, I was sceptical about simple bread, topped with tomatoes in a 2-star restaurant, but the quality of tomatoes was Extraordinary! It made me change my oponion about it without a second thought.

The main course, beef, served with asparagus, was great! The portion was of unexpected size for a restaurant like that. You wouldn't be able to call it Michelin Portion whatsoever. We loved the meat, which was very tasteful. It was very simple, but to cook the simple things is the most difficult task.

Then, we were given the dessert menu. I chose the chocolate from the day's selection on the trolley. It was a milk chocolate pie. It wasn't something extraordinarily scorpelous. On contrary, it was pure and simple milk chocolate.

My daughter chose a chocolate desser from the menu. The cream was cool and very tender. The whole dish was topped with something that resembled to a chocolate palette. Also, there was a touch of creamy sorbet covered in small black dots on the side.

In general the impression of the restaurant is a homely place. The service is very friendly and, though it wasn't very quick there was no moment of complaint of waiting. We were always preoccupied with something...

Note: the bread trolley is beautifully designed, but it isn't offered automatically.

• Visited July 2011