“Something special to celebrate this is the place” 5 of 5 stars

+377 98 06 88 64
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Louis XV - Alain Ducasse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 96 Restaurants in Monte-Carlo
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Since its opening, within the Hotel de Paris authenticity and culinary elegance have always been delicately combined at restaurant Le Louis XV.The menu, a Mediterranean and seasonal symphony of a style that Alain Ducasse qualifies in one word as « essential », suggests a wide pallet of exquisite dishes. The wine cellar, filled with 400 000 bottles, is a wine aficionados' dream.Indulge in this elegant room set in light and gold or on the terrace for lunch or dinner.
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“Something special to celebrate this is the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have eaten here many time, it is very formal, some say the staff are austere, not my experience, as I tend to be friendly maybe that's the reason, I found the staff just fantastic, they wear white gloves so it's old french. The food has never disappointed, although one of the best meals I have had, hard to rate which I would consider the best

• Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

What can one say! A truly remarkable restaurant with outstanding food and excellent service. A must is you are in Monaco.

• Visited February 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Absolutely worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

To begin with, the lunch menu at Louis XV is an excellent deal, although I am not sure people who dine here are looking to save money.

In any case, the restaurant is well deserving of its three stars and is at the pinnacle of French haute cuisine and service.

The service is completely flawless and while very formal is also friendly. I had a pleasant table and found the waiters engaging but not hovering. The dining room is extravagant in a baroque/rococo style but it is all a bit superficial and generally one is reminded that this is still just a restaurant and one is not ACTUALLY Louis XV dining at Versailles.

The food is magnificent. I am generally somewhat jaded about food, but I found it remarkable that such novel flavors could be coaxed out of such a classic cooking style. There is no molecular gastronomy here. The "three course" lunch menu ended up being really more like several courses, with an almost interminable series of desserts/cheeses/mignardises at the end. I wished I could try more of the mignardises, but by then was so stuffed it was unseemly.

The sommelier made an excellent recommendation for wine, which I greatly enjoyed.

At the end, I asked the waiter to take a photo of me - he offered to take me to the kitchen for a photo with the chefs, which was fantastic.

Overall I had no complaints and this is easily one of the best meals I have ever had.

• Visited November 2013
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Trois Étoiles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Expectations were high as I prefer Classic French, Michelin over most other styles and surely this has to be one of the best settings in the World for this cuisine! Absolutely amazing from start to finish, service was faultless, welcoming and friendly yet professional.

Okay, so the Waterside inn got me into 'Bag hooks' but the tables here have beautiful, tiny little pink bag stools! The room is absolutely beautiful, service wise we had everything we could have asked for at exactly the right time. Opted for the lunch menu and it was exceptional value, courgette flower crisps, followed by root vegetables appetiser, I selected the lobster soup as a starter and it was truly amazing, the excess was left on a beautiful soup trolley next to us 'Some more Madame?' - yes was the answer! Chose the Guinea Fowl main and although my husband chose the milk fed lamb, which was good, I defiantly chose well! The cheese trolley was, as expected amazing, such an enormous selection, I was struggling by this point! The wine, which was included was great had a 2005 red, which matched our food well. Dessert was beautiful but I began to fall at the final hurdles as the enormous selection of Alain Ducasse chocolates, macaroons and treats came out, if that wasn't enough- toffees, marshmallows and jellies! Damn! If only I had had room!

An incredible experience, will return as quickly as possible! Such amazing value and very thankful to have been staying as we managed to limp up to the room! Only just!

• Visited February 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

What can I say. Outstanding food, faultless service in one of the most beautiful restaurants! It is quite pricey but thats quite normal for 3 Michelin starred restaurants in 5 starred hotels so definitely worth the experience..

• Visited October 2013