“The worst service I have ever got!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Tel Aviv
“The worst service I have ever got!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

! I set with my mother and initially wasn't hungry . She ordered food I ordered only drink and later as we set, I wanted to snack a little from her first course and asked for an extra plate, the waiter at loud started to embarrass us that we ordered one portion and share it for two! Didn't bring me the plate, and started to speak loudly in French to another waiter. All the people in the restaurant watching at us. Imagine how we felt! I wouldn't reccomend this place as the service was horrible, the food average . I guess the location is the only plus!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
“No good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Do not be fooled by this restaurant. They serve frites with all the meat and the meat is really terrible. I had the lamb and for the first time in my life I could not swollow the first bite. It must have been an old goat . My friends had the beef and it was eatable but no good. The waitor came out with the raw meat as a profe that it was a lamb when I answered "no" when he asked od the food was good. It was a farsę...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Sussex
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We too stumbled across this restaurant. We have learned of old to avoid the fish at so much per kilo or market price - this is the same all over the world, not a con, but an easy way for them to get high prices out of people who don't think it through. So don,t blame the restaurant! We were welcomed by a lovely waiter who got water for our dogs and sat us at a table where they had room and were not cramped. Our meal was superb - not cheap, but this is Monaco. The setting is superb too. We had the fish soup followed by the grilled prawns, which were actually enormous and so tasty. The desserts were good too. Everyone around us was happy too. Would go there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield
“Suprise Find (Very Good)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stumbled upon this simply by chance for lunch during a daytrip to Monaco.
I'm quite surprised by the differing views on TA for this restaurant as our experience was very good.
It’s easy to find: As you walk up Av. Saint-Martin up to the Princes Palace, continue until you reach the Cathedral on your right, then walk up the road directly to the left of the front of the Cathedral, Fredy's is on the left about 100 yards up, look for the fountain and you can't miss the restaurant.
Most tables are under cover, though we chose to sit in the 28 degrees sunshine as we Brits have to grab every chance!
We only had lunch and a beer (or two), goats cheese salad, and a penne pasta dish with salmon and cream, both very simple dishes and really very good, with the usual bread basket and oils.
Cost for two dishes, bread, table cover charge and two large beers each, was around £45, which is in my opinion, and considering where you are, is very good. (Consider that a beer sat at the Cafe de Paris up at the casino will set you back 14 euro's each plus tip)
Our waiter was very cheerful and helpful and we didn't feel like you do in most busy places like cattle being pushed through as quickly as possible.
Would definitely recommend and will certainly try it agian when we return sometime...

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Indifferent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Once good now falling into mediocrity. The food is nothing special at all. You can get the same or better at Casino supermarkets canteen. Iffy service. Highish prices. A tourist trap that locals avoid. Try the Express round the corner at the back of the cathedral. Way better.

Visited June 2012