“Reasonable value with a price to pay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 restaurants in La Condamine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Hexham, Northumberland, UK
“Reasonable value with a price to pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

During a flying visit to the principality the Tuesday before the Grand Prix we enjoyed a few hours sightseeing. All three of us in our party decided we were ready for lunch as we walked past this restaurant. I was tempted by the plat du jour so we decided to take a chance. We were offered a table on the ground floor which was perfectly acceptable. We ordered 3 beers (6 euros a bottle), and 3 main courses. My mother in law ordered risotto, I chose the plat du jour which was faux fillet and my wife opted for one of her favourites, steak tartar.
All three of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. For me there is nothing better than steak and chips and this fitted the bill!
We didn't bother with desert or coffee. A bill of 64 euros I thought was good value for money.
Now here comes the rub. About 6 hours later my wife started to suffer from stomach cramps, felt sick and had diarrhoea for the following 48 hours. In her words she said she had never had an upset stomach like it. Nobody else in the party suffered from any of these symptoms. Whereas I can not be certain that this was food poisoning, the evidence does point in this direction. She often chooses to have steak tartar and has only once before had an adverse reaction.
To be fair to the restaurant, I haven't reduced my scores to reflect this, but have included it in the review as a word of warning to other diners

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Antalya, Turkey
“Decent food but overpriced for what it is.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Could be better. Setting is nice when the weather is good and you can grab a table on the rooftop terrace. Good place for yacht-spotting in the harbour.

Visited March 2013
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner decided on a day out in Monaco as she was visiting from the uk. We was wandering around taking in how lovely Monaco is and came along this restuarant early in the day and was very busy. We later on came past this restaurant and had a look at the menu, on seeing the trio of tartar of fish we decided to eat, my partner had the trio of tartar and I had the tapas starter and we had the tapas main to share. The food overall was absolutely fabulous, the drinks well priced and the service generally good. Overall a fantastic find and would recommend it to anybody looking for reasonably priced, great tasting food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in such a great location right on the harbour. We were given room 1 first of all, when entering the room the first thing you see is the great view of the harbour, then we looked around the room which was a little disapointing the cieling above the shower was peeling off, and the shower head was quite dirty. I went straight down and told the receptionist and she changed us to room 4 straight away with no fuss, she was very helpful telling us which buses to catch and what to see. We found Monaco to be the high light of our trip to the Riviera. I would highly recomend driving a Ferrari while your their i didn't stop smiling all week!! Thanks Miramar

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent value lunch in great Monaco location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Monaco can be expensive, but we had an excellent and great value lunch at Hotel Miramar, overlooking the port.

The Business Lunch was Euro 15 and included a choice of 4 mains ( I had an excellent fillet of pork) with a glass of wine and coffee.

The restaurant was fairly full, with a mix of locals and tourists ( it was March, so out of season).

Overall, strongly recommended if you are looking for somewhere nice, but not too expensive for lunch in Monaco.

• Visited March 2013