During a flying visit to the principality the Tuesday before the Grand Prix we enjoyed a few hours sightseeing. All three of us in our party decided we were ready for lunch as we walked past this restaurant. I was tempted by the plat du jour so we decided to take a chance. We were offered a table on the ground floor which was perfectly acceptable. We ordered 3 beers (6 euros a bottle), and 3 main courses. My mother in law ordered risotto, I chose the plat du jour which was faux fillet and my wife opted for one of her favourites, steak tartar.
All three of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. For me there is nothing better than steak and chips and this fitted the bill!
We didn't bother with desert or coffee. A bill of 64 euros I thought was good value for money.
Now here comes the rub. About 6 hours later my wife started to suffer from stomach cramps, felt sick and had diarrhoea for the following 48 hours. In her words she said she had never had an upset stomach like it. Nobody else in the party suffered from any of these symptoms. Whereas I can not be certain that this was food poisoning, the evidence does point in this direction. She often chooses to have steak tartar and has only once before had an adverse reaction.
To be fair to the restaurant, I haven't reduced my scores to reflect this, but have included it in the review as a word of warning to other diners
If you own or manage Miramar, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.