“Good hotel and only about 200m further away than the other hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Piolets Park & Spa

You added Hotel Piolets Park & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Piolets Park & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera General, s/n, Soldeu 100, Andorra   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Soldeu
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Good hotel and only about 200m further away than the other hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For some reason this hotel was cheaper with Crystal than the other hotels at Easter so this was the first time I have stayed in this hotel (in over 12 years of visiting Soldeu).

Pros
It is only 200m past the Naudi so not as far as I thought down the road. This was also a nice walk to the gondola in the morning and afternoon, as we had lockers there.
The reception/lobby/lounge/bar looks really very classy.
There is a wide choice of food in the restaurant.
The rooms are a great size with space for 2 big single beds, a double sofa bed, and a nice balcony. lots of storage too.
All rooms face the slopes in Soldeu or El Tarter.
Free WiFi.works well in the lobby.
Individual room thermostat so you can have it as warm (to dry your gear) or cool (to sleep) as you like.
Free room safe - the Maistre unbelievably charged you!
Dinner starts at 7pm (others are 7:30 or 8).
Excellent service from everyone in the hotel.
Nice big bathroom, with a good shower over the bath.
Being 200m away from the bars means no noise at night.

Cons
Being Easter, the place was full of kids running around (a bit dangerously in the restaurant sometimes).
WiFi only available in the lobby area so this was always full with people for the sole reason of connecting internet devices, making the place look quite untidy.
If you didn't get the food when it was brought out, it could be luke-warm at best.
I assume the lobby area has recently been renovated, as it was immaculate and stylish, the corridors upstairs could do with new carpets and the bedrooms new laminate floors.
The restaurant is a bit of a conservatory so was a little chilly in the morning but sooo hot for dinner. Ventilation/air con is urgently needed for late season.
Being Easter, the spa area was full of kids 4 to 7pm so we didn't use these facilities. We were in the bars after this so didn't go during the adult only 7 to 10pm.

Others
As it was a nice 10 minute walk to and from the gondola, we didn't use the free mini bus shuttle. Some others said there was a bit of a queue in the morning.
Get lockers at the bottom or top of the gondola and enjoy the short stroll (€50 a week), and then have an apres ski.on the way back.
I imagine at peak times there would be a bit of a scrum for breakfast and dinner.

I would certainly stay there again (if the price was good) but not during school holidays.

Room Tip: We had room 216 which was at the end of the corridor so no people passing making noise. it overlooke...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Relaciones Públ... P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Piolets Park & Spa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Esteemed Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, by doing so you help us improve day by day. I am glad to read your experience with us was a positive one and that our facilities and services met your expectations.
Regarding the wifi, it is a free service for all of our guests and we are working to expand our network to all areas. At the moment, as you were informed on the arrival’s day, the connection is available just in the Lobby.

Once again, I thank you for the time and comments. Here at Piolets Park & Spa we do our best to ensure our guests have a great experience during their holidays…

Hope to see you again next year.

Best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Soldeu, Canillo, Andorra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent service, great restaurant! ( fresh diversity of foods to all : ) only 4 min walk to the telecabina- but Shutle services, make it a ski in ski out.. Quiet and tranquil hotel. rooms are spacious and pleasant ,
The staff is the best of Soldeu
Thank you again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Hope to see you again next year!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here as a party of 6. The staff were excellent. We arrived late and were presented with a lovely cold plate in the room. There was an issue with a broken children's bed which they promptly sorted out. The breakfast and dinner didn't turn into a bun fight which you'd expect with half board. Good range of foods and even the token vegetarian didn't complain. Lots of salads and fish was varied daily all topped off wish a reasonable and varied wine selection.

This was our first skiing holiday and they are well set up in the hotel to deal with any problems or questions. The play area for kids is great and it is also supervised to give parents a break.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Esteemed Guests,

First of all I would like to thank you for your time and reviewing our hotel. I am glad to read that your experience with us was a positive one and that our facilities and services met your expectations.

Hope to see you again next year.
Best wishes
Melksham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying as the babysitter for my granddaughter (of 2 years just )and myself now a non-skier. Firstly let me say the hotel was clean tidy and the staff were very good/helpful in most respects.
This hotel was chosen by my daughter because of its facilities I.E soft play area/swimming pool that I could take my grandaughter to. The soft play area was not open until 1600,and the age of some of the children using it must have been around 10 or more, although designed for much younger children. Supervision of these children was non-exisitant! with them often knocking the smaller ones out of the way.Also the pool had restricted times for children 1600 to 1900 only also it was not free to hotel guests 12-14 Euros a session. I was able to get around the swimming problem by speaking to the spa staff who allowed me to take my granddaughter in the morning still at a cost. I did think that 12 Euros for 30 minutes was a little steep, however we were able to enjoy the pool. As for the soft play area no dice. The area itself offered little for small children unless one wished to go up the mountain .
Also she was very sick and vomiting for 24 hours(Ended up going to the hospital) and therefore I had to spend time with her in the hotel room. There are no tea/coffee facilities in the room, although there are vending machines where one could get a hot drink. However when having to stay in my with my room with my sick granddaughter, my daughter requested the use of a kettle so I could at least make myself a hot drink this was refused despite my daughter explaining the circumstances. There is no room service available until 1600. Therefore no food either, pretty absymal service for a top hotel..
I must say here that our cleaning lady at this time was a gem kept me supplied with clean towels when my granddaughter was sick.
Now to other things the food was of a reasonable standard and varied though often cold but there is a microwave available. The desserts were very good light and not doubt full calories. The noise levels in the evenings and up until around 2300 were VERY loud with children running amok with little or no supervision by parents, although the bar area was fairly quiet. Overall the holiday was good, but the hotel was spoilt by lack of the little things.
Maybe a little more research will be done on the next winter hotel we use. To ensure grandmothers have things to do with granddaughters.
As a footnote the addition of tea/coffee facilities at this Hotel would make a great difference here even if only available on request. Especially as I am an early riser and the dining room doesn't open until 0730.

Room Tip: Not a good choice if you have small children to entertain/ choose a room on the upper floors the vi...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2015

We arrived for our ski/boarding holiday and was pleasantly surprised!
The staff are extremely helpful and friendly they make you feel so welcome, and help you learn the language if your game for it!
Reasonably priced, food could be slightly better but when trying to cater for everyone they have done a brilliant job!
We visited the spa and was fab, however the steam room wasn't very nice, smelt a little funky and was very bright compared to other spas I have visited but again it was very good!
Brilliant view from our hotel room, directly opposite the mountains!
Beds weren't the comfiest but what bed is when it's not your own at home?!
Over all a very good hotel, fantastic staff all around and I would recommend and revisit!
Thank you all!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

We recently stayed here as a group of 12 adults ,9 who skied and 3 of us who had the spa package. We were all extremely happy with the accommodation the food the ski deal and the spa treatments. The hotel staff were very helpful and despite the hotel being full there was plenty of space to relax . The only quibble we had was the limited availability of wifi . Overall a great holiday and we will be back next year !

Room Tip: ask for a room on the 5th floor at the front of the hotel for great mountain views
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Relaciones Públ... P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Piolets Park & Spa, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Esteemed Guest,
I am glad to read your experience with us was a positive one and services met your expectations.
See you next winter!!!
cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

This was a skiing trip for myself and my wife. From the booking in to the time we left the staff here were great. The hotel is in a great location and the shuttle bus delivers you straight to the Gonola up the road. We never had to wait more than 4 or 5 minutes for it to turn up and it only takes 2 minutes to wisk you back to the hotel or picks you straight up from the lockers in the underground car park of the hotel, (the lockers require 1 euro to work....which you get back when you unlock them)
Our room was very nice and the cleaning staff came every day...the bed was huge!!and very comfy. There is a small fridge in the room and if you bring a travel kettle you can keep some milk in it for some afternoon brews.
My only compaints are the following:
1/ Some of the hot buffet food was very often luke warm if not cold.
2/ You do not get any kind of drink with your evening meal...not even water unless you pay extra every night....it can add to the bill.
The food all in all was of a wide varity and very nice it just needs to be a bit warmer.
Bar area was nice and the spa was good. Chidren only allowed in the spa between 1600-1900hrs, which gives adults a bit of quiet time.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Esteemed Guest,

In reference to the food temperature, several items in the buffet require a specific temperature to ensure certain items do not become “dry” which is why some items may seem “cold” to some guests; this is also why the microwaves are available.

I am glad to read the rest of the services and our friendly staff helped you to have a nice holiday in Soldeu!!

Been to Hotel Piolets Park & Spa? Share your experiences!