Just got back from a 3 night stay - this hotel was perfect for our needs. The location is great, (very close to the gondola) and we loved our cosy room. We had breakfast included and it was varied and pretty nice (except the baked beans were always cold - please heat them up!!), The fact that wifi and ski lockers are free (10 euro deposit) is also good and reception staff were friendly.
My only complaint is regarding the spa, for the following reasons:
1. It's ridiculous that you have to pay 2 euros every time you use it - I've never encountered this in a hotel before.
2. The sauna was out of order the whole time we were there.
3. Every time we went it was full of screaming kids who totally ruined the "relaxing environment", running around and leaving the steam room door open - there should be "quiet" signs or someone keeping the kids under control!
4. The payment system is also bad - you pay first at reception and then a lady comes round the spa area asking for your room number to check if you've paid. Again, this defeats the whole relaxation vibe, especially when she opens the door to the steam room (letting all the steam out - it takes ages to get warm again!) demanding to know your room number.
Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to others as it's great value for the price you pay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Himalaia Soldeu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Himalaia Soldeu Hotel Soldeu
- Himalaia Hotel Soldeu
- Soldeu Himalaia Hotel