“What a great way to spend a morning” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Les Escaldes
Type: Geologic Formations, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: Large health spa located in the mountains that offers saunas, Jacuzzis, outside lagoons, an Aztecian pool and bubble beds designed to relax and release tension.
London, United Kingdom
“What a great way to spend a morning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We went on a weekday morning whilst visiting on the basis reviews indicated this was the least crowded time on a morning package with massage. This was definitely a good decision.
The whole experience was just so relaxing and with the variety of rooms and pools the three hour session flew by. Staff were really helpful and friendly and eager to explain the amenities to first time visitors such as us.
Definitely a not to be missed experience whilst visiting Andorra.

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Azenhas do Mar, Portugal
“Caldea, amazing relaxation place after a ski day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

After a joyful day of sky, nothing best to relax your body that a few hours in Caldea, thermal waters. the plenty of water spaces are amazing. the indoor and outdoor pools (in the winter is amazing being outside on the pool when is below-zero). my favorite is the side-by-side water tanks one with 12º and the other with more than 40º. the sauna, Turkish bath and the relaxing room are very good also to relax.

Visited January 2013
Zaragoza, Spain
“Well worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location: centrally located in Andorra, if youre staying there its no problem, for us, it was a four hour drive and we stayed the night, absolutely no regrets.

Staff: Friendly and informative. They explained how it worked, showed us around the VIP área, we paid the extra, and left us to it.

Facilities. I wont list them, basically everything youd expect from reportedly, one of the finest Spas in Europe. PLentiful and clean. I highly recommend the extra cost for the VIP área. The main área did get busy around 18-1900, the VIP área however, we pretty much had to ourselves the entire time. VIP includes, free soft drinks at a pool bar, three other pools inc a fruit bath, roof top jacuzzies, sun decks and a chillout waterbed room.
Restaurant was well priced and the food was far better tan I expected for the price.

We arrived at 1600, we were told three hours is the norm, we stayed until 2300 when they basically very politely, threw us out. This really is a place you could spend the day.

TIP: have the evening meal at 2000. At this time the restaurant was empty for us, we got a window seat, quick service, great food and at 2100, which we were unaware of, a light and music show begins in the main pool área. From the window seats in the restaurant you have THE best view, comfortable with food and drink, while everyone else crowds the pool área and cranes their necks up to watch, you mearly watch out the window. Youd probably be on desert as the shows on, or just finished so as you go down to the pool after the show, literally everyone else goes up to the restaurant to eat. This means that if you so choose, the main pool is all yours.
Also, the rooftop jacuzzies under the stars are worth staying into the evening for.

Visited July 2013
Santa Monica, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Not your typical hotsprings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a very hard place to rate and review. I am a big fan of natural hotsprings and love the ones found along hiking paths in remote mountain areas and the like. I also like quiet zen-like resorts where you can soak and listen to bubbling streams while melting your stress away. This place is none of those.

It is a huge (and I mean huge) complex in the center of town. In fact, you might argue it is the reason for the town's existence (other than the skiing). The photos other people have published say more about the place than I can in words and are worth viewing.

This place is noisy and often it's the adults talking in loud voices that make more noise than the kids running around. It is hard to find a corner to really relax and meditate in. At one point a worker started to yell "silence" at the adults in order to shout them down... what can I say?

But then it is fun to see all the theme rooms and water amusements and stuff that they have created here. I found myself going on tour from room to room checking out the weird lighting effects in the "dark room", the figures carved in the walls in the "Roman baths" and my kids enjoyed throwing ice on each other and splashing in the cool water in the "ice cave". There are flowing rivers you can glide on. An indoor and outdoor section. Giant wine cup shaped hot tubs with back massage. A dancing water show with music in the main pool. All sorts of stuff to explore and see. Perhaps the only thing missing are water slides!

My only gripe (other than the noise) is that the pools never get above about 35 C. A good hotspring should have at least one pool at or above 38 C. The best you can do here in terms of heat is the steam room, which is pretty nice and the only place I found that was fairly quiet.

And, as many reviewers have said, 2-3 hours is enough, but worth a visit.

Visited August 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Worth the extra - Great day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went on sunday 12-4 but turned up an hour early and we went straight in. We loved it. Did pay tge €10 extra to get the vip area was worth it I think. You get some extra bits and a treatment.I dont know that it would be worth it for children though. It seemed to get busy at 1.30 ish but we were up in upstairs bit so didn't really notice. They seemed to have gone by 2.30-3. If you are in the area I would definitely give it a go!

Visited August 2013