“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Arinsal
Mellieha, Malta
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife, my kid and I stayed for 2 nights in the hotel and I can say that everything was fantastic: the food, cleanliness and location. I don't have enough words to thank tha staff that were very friendly and helpful throughout our visit. Excellent service and great value for money

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I have just spent the last week in this superb hotel the staff Matthew and Jose were excellent they cannot be praised enough at all times friendly polite helpful trying in every way to improve our holiday with pieces of everyday advice that made our time there so much better. The food is second to none breakfast being a great selection and a dinner every night was a 3 course meal to die for all made fresh once ordered. All in all I cannot think of a single thing about our stay that could have been improved on.
The hotel is in a superd area just opposite the ski lift with lots of walks close by the rooms are large spotless warm and well appointed
Guys thanks for a fantastic time and we will see you again soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

My daughter & I stayed here 12th - 18th March 2012. I booked with Inghams & before booking I read the previous trip advisor reviews but was a bit sceptical as the recent ones were all so good, however, I am pleased to say I have to agree with them.
This hotel offers excellent value and is in a perfect location right opposite the gondola, right in the centre of Arinsal with very friendly, lively bars just up and down the street, a supermarket & pharmacy only100 yards away, Princessa Park spa hotel is just up the road for spa facilities if you want to indulge.
Everyone at the hotel was welcoming, friendly & offered excellent service with a smile. The hotel was very clean & warm, our room was 403, it had a spacious bathroom, plenty of hot water, daily clean towels & room cleaning, a good sized bath & shower, small tv with BBC world news channel, and a terrace looking to the mountain.
I would have awarded 5 stars rather than 4, but I would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in the room so next time I will take a travel kettle. The only other negative was the mattress, it was a bit lumpy and not very comfortable, especially towards the end of the week when I was aching from skiing all day. I do prefer a firm mattress though.
The food was excellent, 3 course dinner each evening with 3 choices for each course. Be warned though, the portion sizes are enormous and both me & my daughter came home a few pounds heavier despite all the skiing activity!! The menus were well thought out and not just skiers stodge.
I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel is in 2 separate buildings, one at the front & one at the back but they are joined &am...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

A really lovely hotel the food was very very good ,Linda the lady in the resturant was a very pleasant lady and made us feel very welcome the only complaint I would say was the beds they really could do with renewing and having spoken to other guest they all said the same , I would defanately go back next year fantastic location just please could you renew ur beds!!

• Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012 via mobile

Lovely food, friendly staff and ideal location opposite the gondola. Rooms nice and clean.

• Stayed March 2012
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Myself and a friend have just returned from a week's trip to the Montane hotel in Arinsal and it is really difficult (if not impossible)to find anything negative to say about the hotel and its staff. Our very special thanks go to Griselda and Ana, who were more than helpful and provided a lovely, friendly and personal service. However, we have to say that all employed staff provided a friendly and efficient service throughout the stay. Nothing was too much trouble.

The food was excellent and the all day provision of cakes/biscuits, coffee/tea and gluhwein was a lovely touch - and much welcomed after a day on the slopes!!!!

The location of the hotel is fab, and has to be the best placed hotel in Arinsal - opposite the Gondola and bus stop AND close to all bars and the supermarket.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Stephie and Trish

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We were a party of 7 that stayed at the Montane on 5th Feb 12 for a week. We had a hellish journey to get there with our travel company however, when we finally did arrive (a day late) we were warmly greeted by the staff. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the food was excellent with a great choice every evening. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable, a couple of our friends felt their rooms were cold but the 2 rooms our family had were very warm. We were on the first floor and overlooked the Gondola station, we had previously read about street noise at night however this wasn't a problem for us.

The free ski locker was a real bonus!

Well recommended hotel and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Montane? Share your experiences!