My partner and I stayed at the Capital Coast from the 10th - 17th November booking an 'Attic' type room.
No problems with the room, spacious, fully working and fitted kitchen including dishwasher, fridge freezer, kettle and toaster. No lift access to the room based on the 4th floor; so anyone booking with disabilities, are best off booking a room with a balcony on one of the lower floors.
Hotel was deathly quiet at this time of the year as was the surrounding areas but having wanted a quiet week away in November we got what we wanted / paid for.
There is no evening entertainment and you do not see many staff except cleaners but in November and out of season I guess this is to be expected. The staff that we did have contact with were friendly enough and didnt make you feel like requests from people were an issue.
Lidl is right across the road from the hotel which was handy for snacky bits and bottled water etc.
The mainroad outside of the hotel houses a lot of bars and restaurants although most of these were closed at this time of the year. I could imagine this being rather busy in the summer and more peak times of the summer and season.
The harbour is around a 50 minute walk away which with the weather on your side is actually quite pleasant, either way the buses run from outside of the hotel at €1 per single journey or €3 for the whole day till 11pm. This acts as a travel card so can be used a number of times in one day...The opposite direction is Coral Bay which has a lovely beach and another strip of bars and restaurants.
We used the Spa in the hotel and have to say this is well worth the money. We had a couples treatment for just over 2 hours and was very relaxed when leaving.
Only complaints are that the outdoor and indoor pools are beyond freezing cold and I only ventured into them once, which was enough. The indoor pool and jacuzzi area is a bit shabby considering how nice and luxurious the spa area feels.
The shop onsite was never open when it stated it was meant to be and was often told by reception that maybe the lady that run the shop was 'running late'. We didnt eat in the hotel restaurant as were self catering but plenty of people did so can only assume the food was decent.
All in all for November and a cheap week away in the sunshine the hotel and area ticked the boxes, although would chose to go in the summer months rather than the winter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Next to the historic Tombs of the Kings, it offers a variety of spacious high quality one, two and three bedroom suites, all encompassing a contemporary light modern decor that captures the Mediterranean spirit. All suits are designed to offer a unique home away from home experience of comfort and luxury. Other services include restaurants and bars, Spa and Bath House, gymnasium & fitness center, beautician and hairdressing salon, squash, indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Opens on 1 August 2008. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Capital Coast Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capital Coast Hotel Paphos
- Capital Coast Resort And Spa