Stayed in this hotel with my partner for 2 weeks half board.
Hotel was spotless and staff were friendly. Rooms were average size and nothing special but clean again. Air con in room was good however, little touches like flowers in the room could have made it more special. We were on the top floor of hotel which unfortunately overlooked the road could be quite noisy at times.
The food in the hotel had a good variety. Breakfast had cereal, cold meats, pastries, fry ups, pancakes, cakes and fresh cooking for omelettes etc. Lack of fruit available at breakfast. Dinner was varied every night with different cultural foods- would have been nice to have more traditional foods rather than around the world foods.
Very little entertainment in the hotel (though i knew this when i booked). One night was a cyprus night which was nice.
Pool is pretty and clean. However sunbeds were uncomfortable but were plenty! Beach opposite us was disappointing as other hotels next to us have made the beach more appealing and have provided sunbeds etc.
The gym was well equipped and we attended 2 sessions-the instructors were very friendly. Didnt use the spa, looked really nice but very expensive.
Cyprus itself is VERY expensive considering their financial crisis! Buy excursions from the harbour as offering the same ones for less and they are very helpful and friendly! Plus they do you a deal if you buy more than one!
Paphos is very touristy, lots of british tack in the shops and music, but still nice harbour. Worth doing tours to see the real traditional side of Cyprus. Approx 25-30min walk to harbour and town- nice coastal walk but you can get a bus.
Paphos sightseeing bus was a laugh- there is nothing really to see on it, however it gets your bearings.
Must do the jeep safaris to Troodos Mountains and Akamas! We also went on the wavedancer boat full day which is a must- stops for swims and live band-enjoyed so much we booked the night fireworks trip with them.
Overall, hotel was very good-not the best we saw but was adequate!
Paphos itself, I wouldn't go back to as slightly too toursity for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Aquamare Hotel, we recognize and respect the allure of the Mediterranean, which is why you will find that our entire focus is on capturing its magic and surrounding you with it during your stay with us. Enter an oasis of pure luxury and elegance. With attention to beautiful details and impressive facilities in a hospitable environment, the Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa is the ideal destination for your next holiday or event. Offering a variety of restaurants and bars, conference & incentive facilities, wedding packages, indoor & outdoor pools, children's novelty pool, a fully equipped fitness center and a luxurious spa, whether for business or leisure, there is something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamare Beach Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Aquamare Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Hotel And Spa