We stayed at the Aquamere for a week in February in a room overlooking the pools and with a sea view.It is definitely worth the extra for a sea view.Rooms were good and very clean.
Food was good with lots of choice.Wine and drinks very expensive and the wine was a bit rough obviously bought cheap,sold expensive.
We arrived at 9.15pm and were told that the restaurant had closed at 9.00am.When I enquired if I could get a sandwich,or snack ,the receptionist told me,rather abruptly,that the kitchen was closed.When we had unpacked I noted that the hotel information stated quite clearly that room service was available until10pm.At around .9.45pm we went back down to reception to order a sandwich,the receptionist suggested that we order in the bar.Unfortunately,the bar man told us that last orders for sandwiches and snacks was 9.45 pm and that as the kitchen was closed we could not order any food.We went into Paphos and enjoyed a meal in one of the restaurants,but not a good start!
A group of Russian footballers on a winter break were staying at the hotel and occupied rooms on our corridor.They were impeccably behaved no noise at all.However,they did leave all their dirty kit outside their rooms every day.Each time we returned to our room we had to pick our way around dirty kit including underwear.Not the sort of thing you expect in a 4 star hotel.We complained every single day,sometimes twice a day and each time were told that the hotel manager had spoken to the football manager and things were in hand.They clearly were not in hand as the problem was not dealt with.At no time did anyone see us to apologise or explain.The hotel did redeem itself on the last day when a complimentary tray with sparkling wine and snacks was left in our room.We were also able to keep the room all day on our last day and checked out at 5.00pm.However,it should have been felt with and a manager should have spoken to us.
Don't be put off as the hotel has good facilities and is in a lovely location.BUT management DO take note better customer service please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Aquamare Hotel, we recognize and respect the allure of the Mediterranean, which is why you will find that our entire focus is on capturing its magic and surrounding you with it during your stay with us. Enter an oasis of pure luxury and elegance. With attention to beautiful details and impressive facilities in a hospitable environment, the Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa is the ideal destination for your next holiday or event. Offering a variety of restaurants and bars, conference & incentive facilities, wedding packages, indoor & outdoor pools, children's novelty pool, a fully equipped fitness center and a luxurious spa, whether for business or leisure, there is something for everyone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Aquamare Beach Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquamare Beach Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Beach Hotel And Spa
- Aquamare Hotel Paphos
- Aquamare Hotel And Spa