“Ayios Neophytos Monestry” 5 of 5 stars

Plymouth, United Kingdom
34 attraction reviews
“Ayios Neophytos Monestry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Lovely location exceeding calm and charm. S must ti see and ti fid peace with. It is worth the effort of discovering this location.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
“Whistle stop tour... What I saw was lovely...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went here as part of a quad bike safari.
I really wished we had more time here because we didn't get to go into the caves or main rooms. There's not a lot of information for tourists, but maybe that was in different areas to what I saw.

The views are magnificent and the drive up through the mountains was wonderful.
Toilets were clean, plenty of parking, and a café for drinks/snacks.
Ladies and gents must be covered appropriately - no bare shoulders or really short skirts or shorts. If you are not covered appropriately you will have to wear a robe that is provided - however this is dark blue and heavy material and hot. Therefore I suggest you take appropriate light clothing to wear whilst in there.

When I go back to Cyprus I will definitely go back to see more of the monastery.

Madrid, Spain
“Lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was quiet when we visited and the 1 Euro entrance fee a bargain .Interesting , worth seeing .I recommend having a drink or an ice cream at the café next door to complement your visit.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Simply stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I visited this location off the back of some of the great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. This is without doubt one of the best places I have visited in Cyprus and at only 1 Euro it is incredible value for money.

Spectacular views and setting in the mountains, some beautiful paintings and a great little museum to have a look around offered a great little excursion. There is also a small shop and a cafe to take a break in.

Definitely recommend a visit!!!

4 attraction reviews
“not the best..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Unless we missed something I wasn't over impressed with this monastery, one room was stunning but that was it for me.....