After reading the previous reviews on this hotel we found the reviews to be pretty much spot on. We had a wedding to attend in the Amathus next door but the 400€ a night price tag prompted us to stay here for 3 night for less money. It's a nice hotel which is in great need of modernisation but for the 3 days we were there it was acceptable. We were in room 129 overlooking the pool which wasn't too bad considering I asked for a room away from the pool, but don't be surprised when you find that you are overlooking the roof of the lower floors with all the pipework and cables that go with it (sack the architect I say). Saying that the cats that were up on the roof amused the kids with their antics. The constant smell of smoke on our floors during the day was a off putting and as the cleaners were around at the time no one seems to say anything but the worrying thing was that no smoke alarms were heard (are there any???). The view of the pool has the usual drawbacks of the noise that comes with it as pool events were very loud especially the darts match just below our room (even with the doors closed). The evening events were loud as well so don't think you are getting to sleep before 11pm (we had 2 children with us). The kids beds turned out to be camp beds which were very uncomfortable but we used the 1970's style blankets (yes folks, blankets in Cyprus in August) as mattresses. The staff were all pleasant enough (none Greek as far as I could tell but not a problem) but I didn't really get involved too much with the staff. Food was good, we had just breakfast and there was loads on offer. The only issue I had with the food was that a huge bunch of spoons were used for a 'find a spoon in the pool' game so needless to say I had my cereal with a fork the next day (lol, only joking about the fork). The pool is good but good luck getting a bed after 7am. On our second day we ended up going on a trip as we didn't find a bed by 8am. The beach is not really worthy of the title 'beach' but then again I had just come from Protaras and it's no comparison. Will I stay here again? Only if they modernise it, buy more sun beds and listen to my request of not putting me in a room overlooking the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by exotic gardens and only a few steps from the azure blue Mediterranean waters this 4 Star Paphos hotel invites you and your family or friends to experience a truly relaxing Cyprus holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Louis Imperial Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Imperial Beach Paphos
- Louis Imperial Beach Hotel Paphos