“Absolutely faultless” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Akteon Holiday Village

and 1 more site!
You added Akteon Holiday Village to your Saves list
Akteon Holiday Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   on the sea front of Chloraka Village, Paphos 8106, Cyprus   |
Ranked #45 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Im now sat in rainy manchester wishing I was back in sunny cyprus. Had an absolute crackin holiday at the akteon. The staff were warm friendly and went out of there way to help you. The animation team especially lilly and mr crazy.. yes this was his name lol. made our kids happy and feel like joining in the disco and activities. The hotel manager christakis was a really nice man went out of his way to see if everything was ok. Even the receptionists stopped to talk. The bar and restaurant staff were on the ball too. Absolutely spotless rooms and restaurant. Bar snacks in between meals were good and plentiful and the cocktails were great. The kettle in our room broke. There was a brand new one there within 10 minutes. We had a 1 bed studio room which was perfect nice balcony. Air con in the bedroom and front room. The food in the buffet restaurant was really nice the deserts to die for. We will be back thank you to everyone. Rob manchester

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
paphos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

just returned from 10nights all inclusive,had the best holiday ever,there was me,hubby 4 kids under 14 and mum aged 83,been going paphos 15yrs so stayed at a lot of places, will definitely be booking again,service,staff,food,room everything fab ! and with great entertainment everynight for all ages stopped ground floor facing the sea,fully equipped room,lots of room,onsite shop & hairdresser,couldnt fault anything

Room Tip: 3504 is a ground floor sea view room at the front, you WALK OUT OF PATIO DOORS STRAIGHT ONTO GRASSED...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Accommodation was clean, modern and very spacious; well equipped for basic good self catering, fine bathroom, roomy balcony (try for first floor if you want best sun). My favourite feature was the gardens- because the apartments are in blocks, the areas between provide for a huge selection of shady and sunny areas for a seemingly unending supply of lush plantation and flowers. I was fully inclusive, enjoying a good standard of local wines, beer, local spirits and generous snacks. The restaurant facilities couldn't have been better, with a wide variety of dishes, catering for every need. I loved the local fish dishes, including cod and perka, with fine sauces to augment (particularly their 'Belle Pepper sauce'). I can still recall the flavours in their Chicken Olivetto, Lamb Stew with spinach and barbecued pork. Breakfast selection was excellent- loved the yoghurt and particularly the coffee. My main culinary delight was due to the freshness, flavour and quality of the vegetables and fruits, most of which were local and expertly cooked- the potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, fabulous SPINACH!! bananas, plums etc. Service was very slick, under the expert eye of Restaurant Manager Phedros, whose apparently gentle manner actually pervaded throughout the Hotel; he managed tirelessly and was obviously appreciated and respected by staff, ably complemented and assisted by his likeable deputy Argyris. I found staff were very pleasant and anxious to please, including reception, bar, pool and bedroom. Evening entertainment was good most evenings and children seemed to be having a good time. The indoor pool was little used, so is probably a subject for review. The Hotel shop was well stocked and I thought reasonably priced- the owner and staff were very pleasant and extremely knowledgeable to chat with. Sea views are beautiful, with amazing sunsets. The ice creams just along the road are to die for.., Paphos is well worth a visit- I thought the one hour tourist bus trip was marvellous and the mosaics displayed at the Paphos Archeological Site was incredible. It was a shame that the young Slovak restaurant trainees were wasting the opportunity to learn English, unlike their receptionist colleague who was sparkling and contributing very well. There was so little to criticise and everyone seemed to be having such a good time that I am delighted to say that my experience was excellent.

Room Tip: Upper floor gives better sun.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

the apartments could do with a bit of upgrading,nothing horrendous just a bit tired.the reception area ,restaurant ,bars and pool are fine.it has a fantastic outlook over the coastline with a good path where there are hotels as we found out when walking back from paphos. the food was excellent with plenty of choice for all meals.i would recommend this hotel.the staff are very good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just returned from a week here and had a thoroughly relaxing time. Not for 18-30 types but great for couples and families. A bit of entertainment for the kids and no high pressure Hi-di-hi campers style reps forcing you to join in round the pool stuff during the day.
Loads of sun beds so no need to go out at 5 am to lay a towel, we regularly went down after 10 (breakfast) and found plenty of choice of sun beds.
Pool was lovely and big and clean. Staff were really pleasant and helpful.
Rooms were clean and well serviced but my bed was rock hard and I ended up catching up with my sleep on the sun beds LOL
Food? Well, it's all-inclusive but generally something for everybody but we did eat out more times than we ate in.
Drinks were plentiful but you could only get two at a time but they would make them heavier measures if you asked no problem and I can recommend the Brandy Alexandra's to anyone :)
Not a lot around the hotel in the way of bars or restaurants so you have to travel to Coral Bay or Paphos for a lively night out. Coral Bay was our favourite where we had two great meals at the Corallo.Restaurant (full Meze) and the Seriani Restaurant where we treated ourselves to some great steaks! Also can recommend the Zentas Bar where the drinks are HUGE measures for E5!
DUTY FREE? Cheaper to get your perfume/after-shave at Manchester Airport on the way out we found and I bought a litre of 7 Star Metaxa Brandy for E18 in Ayia Napa where it's E32:50 at the airport! but you do have to fit it in your case :)
Overall a really good, relaxing holiday :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for 1 week with my son aged 2, I cannot fault the hotel! Having experienced all inclusive before I was expecting similar dishes every night but the food was excellent, with lots of choice, plenty of food on offer and hot and cold choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner. They had a different theme everyday which was fantastic my son was catered for and never had a problem.

In terms of the rooms they were very clean and we found that any faults that were found were fixed immediately ( our air con unit leaked and was fixed within the hour) to add to this air con was not an extra cost which is great!

The pool and pool area was fantastic we didnt have to fight for beds everyday, the only thing I wasn't too keen on was the animation team during the day but from the look of ladies at aqua aerobics everyday it was good for everyone else, it's just not really my thing!

The entertainment at night is basic, he kids will love it and it's easy to watch for the adults they do have a different show very night which is good. It does have spa which we didn't use but it looked lovely and the prices were very reasonable.

I would highly recommend here and happily go back myself! Staff were friendly and very helpful :-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here inclusive for 7 days at the end of May. We travelled as a family with 2 boys. The hotel itself is a little out of Paphos city centre, but just a short bus journey costing 1.50 euros. The food was plentiful and lots of choice. My only negative I'd that there is not much choice for fussy young children, but I learnt on my last day that if you ask restaurant staff they will cook the children nuggetts and chips etc. The entertainment was every night but needed to start earlier. Throughout our holiday "Crazy" the hotel entertainer made our holiday, my boys loved him. On our day of departure check out was 12pm but we had the maid knocking the door at 10am to get us out. We went to reception with our bags and advised staff what had happened ( our flight was not until 11pm) and we were given a room until 4pm free of charge.. excellent service polite staff..Would really recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Akteon Holiday Village? Share your experiences!