“Terrrible second visit” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Veranda Restaurant & Bar

Veranda Restaurant & Bar
Tombs of the Kings Rd | Diamond Complex Block 1, Paphos 8046, Cyprus (Formerly Veranda)
+357 99 073785
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #182 of 433 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: European, English, Greek, Continental
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Hello and welcome to Veranda; great value restaurant for all the family. Veranda Restaurant & Bar is an independently owned restaurant located in Paphos, Cyprus. We're famous for our Set Lunch and Giant "Mini Meze", our fantastic range or drinks and our warm welcome. At the Veranda there's always something going on; we have great food deals throughout the week, live sports in the restaurant and regular entertainments. We're open 7 days a week and serve food until at least 10pm. We offer free Wi-Fi so you can stay connected. You, your friends and your families of all ages are welcome whatever the occasion, whatever the time of day; noon or night. We open at 12 and work till late.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrrible second visit”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited this restaurant twice during our holiday in Paphos, Our first visit here was fine with decent food and an efficient & friendly waiter, and if I was rating this restaurant based on that first visit I would probably give it 4 out of 5. So therefore we were indeed tempted to go back again for another meal here a few days later- however our second visit to this place was an absolute disaster!

Firstly, the friendly waiter who we had met a few nights earlier must have been on his day off, and instead we were 'greeted' by a rather abrupt man who seemed to find it an inconvenience that we had just walked into the restaurant! I ordered the home made steak pie and chips and my partner ordered the lasagna....however the waiter returned to our table a few moments later to abruptly inform us that 'The lasagna isn't ready, so why don't you have moussaka instead'. My partner decided to opt for spaghetti bolognese.

There were only 2 other tables of diners in that night, so our meals arrived pretty swiftly. However, my steak pie was very unappealing and a total let down, the meat was tough and chewy complete with very hard and dry pastry. But if I thought my meal was bad, then my partners spaghetti bolognese was an absolute joke! It arrived in a bowl already covered in a big heap of cheese....and after a few mouthfuls of her meal she discovered exactly why the chef had piled all the cheese onto the greasy minced beef- to try and hide the fact there was no sauce whatsoever in the meal! Clearly the spaghetti bolognese wasn't 'ready' either then, so why did the chef feel the need to serve up this disgusting rubbish! Needless to say my partner left her 'bolognese' sitting in the bowl and I left most of my meal too.

I guess this just goes to show that you can have a completely different 'experience' in the same restaurant within a few days. What a shame Veranda.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Bury, United Kingdom
“breakie's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

two full English breakfast's , fruit juice, toast ,2x tea's for under 10 euro, excellent value, So tasty went back a few times . give it a go if your near.

Visited October 2013
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ate here twice whilst staying in Paphos, Greta value traditional food, the kleftiko is superb. Lovely staff, well made cocktails, kids well looked after, much better than some more expensive restaurants in the harbour etc.

Visited October 2013
Turriff, United Kingdom
“Excellent place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Ate breakfast here on our first morning in Paphos. €2.95 for full English including a large glass of orange - great value. During our week we had two more breakfasts and 3 evening meals. All were excellent and super value for money. The Cypriot dishes were amazing. Okay the service may sometimes have been a bit slow but hey we're on holiday and Cyprus moves at a slower pace!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good entertainment great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Eat hear on my first night only went here due to visiting the Irish bar paddys next door. Wat a lovely place service can be a little slow wen busy but no problem. One of the nicest fete salad I had whilst in paphos. Pasta was lovely biggest portion I've ever seen and I can eat alot ..!
I debated on the steak pie (homemade) oh and what a great choice don't normally eat the typical British food whilst I'm on holiday but as the waiter said it was home made so I went for it :))))

Good service
Good food
Good entertainment.

This place is worth a visit you won't be disappointed

• Visited September 2013