“Very good!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 432 Restaurants in Paphos
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: A simple traditional taverna, family run, with no gourmet elements, as that would contradict the whole concept, in a village setting and beautiful gardens. My mum prepares the food with lots of love and the rest of us make sure it is served to you properly and on time! The presentation is simple as well, as my father wants, although my mother would love to show off a bit more of her skills:) However and most importantly, it is genuinely Cypriot!We have had the taverna since 1990 and during the years we have made a lot of wonderful friends and shared with them beautiful moments, wedding and christening parties, anniversaries and birthday parties. That is the best part of the story!So, after writing a whole essay I realise I could just describe it with one single sentence: A family-run tavern who loves Cypriot food and enjoys serving its visitors!Thank you for taking the time to read it!
“Very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great food, beautiful garden and a little chapel to look at. It's very easy to find, off the B6 road to Lemesos.

They had a clean and comfortable high chair for our baby. Recommended!

Andrianahad, owners' daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for not just writing us a review but for uploading a nice photo as well of the chapel! Our kisses to your beautiful baby.

• Greek first
Torino di Sangro, Italy
“Fresh food, polite service, nice atmosphere.!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is my first time i visit Cyprus. I saw this tavern on our way to the airport, and because of its gardens i decided to give it a try. Akis was very friendly with us.. We ordered the meze. Don't recommend it if you're not hungry enough. I am also a gardenia fan.. I never saw better since that day. You can also ask Akis to tell you his secret about them. A little tavern, not far away from Kato Paphos, with a beautiful garden and nice and polite people for the service.!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
My father is extra pleased with this review :) He loves his gardenias so much :) Thank you for your great review!
Milan, Italy
“A must go.!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Been there last month. I was on vacations with my family, and met an english family when we went to the beach. They told us that they visit Paphos every summer for the last six years, and they also recommended us, Akis Taverna. So, we decided to give it a try. Akis, is a very friendly person, so as his daughter Andrie. We had a very friendly service from both of them. We had mousakka, dolmades, stifado and kleftiko. All of the traditional dishes. We were thrilled. All freshly made and delicious. After the food, they served us a semolina cake which was also delicious. I reccomend it higly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Well, well :) Thank you so much and I hope you remember inviting me to Milan :) Who knows, I might see you soon :)
Paphos, Cyprus
“Excellent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We called in for lunch on the way to collect family from the airport (under 10 mins drive to airport from here). We had souvlaki (chicken and pork) which was excellent. Meat well cooked and very tender. Nice location and interesting gardens and the restaurant was spotlessly clean. We will certainly go back again.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
My mum says: it was lovely meeting you, you are a lovely couple :) Thank you very much for your review!
Paphos, Cyprus
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was very looking forward to visit this place. Acording to reviews, it should be one of the best dinnig places in area. So UNTRUE! Place is literally on the road, noisy, rubish in gardens. Food was average. Nothing great. Typical Meze was absolutelly the same as anywhere else. Nothing like friendly atmosphere. The wine was served in some metal jar, not nice carafe, half plastic cutlery. Cheap feeling. For the price big disappointment to me. Treat for 3 person, 60€. The waiter was not serving us, he was throwing the food on the table without. You do not hear "here you are" or "thank you" there. Shame! Never more.

Visited May 2014
Andrianahad, owners' daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear sir,
I am trying hard not to reply back in the same tone that you have, as I consider it inappropriate and rude. However, you described my father as rude? In the same ease as you have said that the garden has got rubbish?? :) I believe that is needless for me to defend our taverna's reputation, as 200 people before you, have already done so. As for the carafes you are absolutely right, they are metal and they are part of Greek tradition for years now. If you disliked that, then obviously you were in the wrong place. We are traditional and our knives are half plastic, yes. We don't pretend to be something else from what we describe ourselves to be: Simple and traditional. If you think that the cutlery is what makes a Cypriot Taverna good, then we disagree as I believe it is the quality of the food. Thank you.