“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 427 Restaurants in Paphos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A simple traditional taverna, family run, with no gourmet elements, as that would contradict the whole concept, in a village setting and beautiful gardens. My mum prepares the food with lots of love and the rest of us make sure it is served to you properly and on time! The presentation is simple as well, as my father wants, although my mother would love to show off a bit more of her skills:) However and most importantly, it is genuinely Cypriot!We have had the taverna since 1990 and during the years we have made a lot of wonderful friends and shared with them beautiful moments, wedding and christening parties, anniversaries and birthday parties. That is the best part of the story!So, after writing a whole essay I realise I could just describe it with one single sentence: A family-run tavern who loves Cypriot food and enjoys serving its visitors!Thank you for taking the time to read it!
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great family run, great food, I mean great food, go for all the local food. Well worth a vistit. Watch out closed on Mondays, we went on Friday, wanted to go back, arrived Monday but closed. Will go back 2 or 3 times on my next visit during the week. Very good value, watch out the owner will probably take a drink with you {the local fire water}

Visited July 2013
Andrianahad, Owners daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Haha, local fire water would be zivania? :) You are certainly right! I can't drink even a shot of it! Tooo strong! We apologize for the inconvinience, for travelling to us on a Monday and finding us closed! It's the only day we have an off, since weekends are usually busy! Thank you for your understanding and for your EXCELLENT review!

• Greek first
Warsaw, Poland
“EPIC TAVERNA JUST OUT OF TOWN!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Been there few days ago and gotta say that was quite an experience to remember!!!! Akis and Marina's welcoming was the warmest we had during our stay in Paphos. We had meze because we wanted to experience all the tastes that Akis Taverna could provide!!! What a choice that was, superb quality and really fresh food!!! Too many plates to choose from and all full with excellent flavours!!! We had more than enough and on top of that Marina brought us some homemade sweets she just made to try!!! Don't remember the names but taste was delicious!!! We liked so much that she even gave us some to take back to our hotel!!! Thank you so much Marina!!!! Last but not least the two beatiful daughters!!!! Wow!!! The little one, Aleka is a pure devil:) She was teasing all the time and we just couldn't stop laughing, she made feel we instantly had a new friend!!!! Andria the princess as ost clients were calling her, was so polite and sweet!!! She wrote some words for us to remember on a piece of paper with a little rose from that beautiful garden!!!! Thank you guys a lots!!! We will be back soon to your wonderfull taverna!!! We highly reccommend this place, really a must go!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The flower was for your beautiful wife:) Now, I need to double thank you because your review not only says lovely things about our tavern but helps me "safeguard" my title as a Princess, given to me by a lovely friend and causing my sister's jealousy :) Thank you very much!
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Traditional and Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

A wonderful local tavern near Paphos the airport the food is fantastic and the family wonderful, thank you will definitely be coming again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Andrianahad, Owners' daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Little but precious would be my title for your review! Thank you so much!
Bologna, Italy
“Lovely traditional tavern!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The reviews were right and we are glad we had a car to drive there! Although it was quite far from where we stayed, about half an hour from Coral Bay, we went there twice just because of its authenticity and the people who run it! The food was excellent! We had meze (a variety of about 25 dishes) and not only it was a lot but very tasty as well! The prices are very reasonable, as it hasn't cost us more than 20 euro each, including our drinks! At the end, we were treated with watermelon and sweets made by the owner (sorry I cant remember her name). We highly recommend it, especially if you have a car!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coming from Coral Bay, it's definitely quite a distance, as it can take you up to 20- 30 minutes and that's why it' s always much appreciated when visitors do come and try us anyway! Thank you very much sir!
Paphos, Cyprus
“Excellent taverna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Having moved to cyprus decided that we are gonna go through the trip advisor best restaurants. I must say that this is just how it should be friendly family run taverna. Food was excellent warm greeting and we were def looked after. Bill very reasonable for the quality and quantity. Would recommend to all. Family friendly as well as a romantic venue to watch the world go by.

Visited August 2013
Andrianahad, Owners's daughter at Akis Tavern, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
So you are now permanent residents of the island? That's great! So I' ll get the chance to meet you too, as I was away for holidays when you visited us! Thank you very much for your review!