“wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
milford haven
“wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I feel I have to review this hotel once again. This was my fourth visit to the Veronica, do I really have to say how much I enjoy going there. I arrived on the 28th Sep and stayed for four weeks. Rooms cleaned daily with fresh bed linen and towels. Food excellent so much variety every evening, different types of salads, several different meats, fish and fresh veg. We had a wonderful welcome when we arrived. Staff are excellent, so much so it would be impossible for me to say who was the best, they all did so much to ensure your holiday was pleasant. The position of the hotel is excellent, nice and peaceful but within easy walking of distance of all other amenities. Every morning after breakfast we would sit out the fromt on the terrace and just watch the world go by. I would really reccomend this hotel to anybody. For a three star it is really excellent value for money. I have previously spent time at a five star hotel in cyprus, rooms dusty, and food disgusting! I just can't wait to go back there, in fact, am going back in just over two weeks time Yipee!

Room Tip: Really, all the rooms are good, nothing really to choose between them
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
crewe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

For a three star hotel we found it excellent. we arrived late & were offered a drink & nibbles.our room was a standard one on the front it was light & spacious& clean. Beds were changed every day &room cleaned. Although bathroom could do with a revamp .food was good & plenty of it. waitresses especially viera very friendly& helpful&hardworking. Location excellent 2o minute walk to harbour no noise near a selection of shops& restaurants& bus stop outside. pool was private clean& peaceful. We defiantly going to go back we loved it.Think some people expect 5 stars on a 3 star budget

Room Tip: rooms at front cooler in day
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I knew this hotel was a 2 star hotel when I booked it, so did not expect 5 star amenities. I checked out of this hotel on 2nd October after a 2 week stay so how it could have gone so far down hill in just two days (previous review dated 4th October) is beyond me. My room was spacious and light, I agree the bathroom was 'tired' but not dirty. All the public rooms were spotless, even saw the cleaners dusting the chair legs in the dinning room. The food was not the best I have had but we could always find something to eat. Quite often what didn't look particularly appetising turned out quite good. The staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble and they were always smiling, especially Dianna and Viera. I would go back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Dont go for a pool view as the gardens surround the pool. Try room 321
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Checked in on 4th Oct 2011. First impression was, ok not bad. That was until we got to our room. What can i say. I checked my 2 cats into better accommodation back home. One window was totally obscured by half dead vines which made the room look dark and oppressive. The second bedroom was more bright and airy but only succeeded in highlighting all the stains on the ceiling and walls. There was 1 plug socket for 2 bedrooms and to use this you had to unplug the antique tv. The air conditioning, what can i say, i could have blown cooler air out of my mouth. Its only real use was to keep us awake all night. The bathroom was disgusting and i could not begin to describe it in enough words so ill summarise, mouldy, dirty and quite frankly a hygiene risk to any human being. The food was at best plain and unapealling with very little choice. The only saving grace of this hotel was the staff were friendly. We spent 1 night here and then moved to another hotel. It cost us 400 euro but it was well worth it just to be out of that hell hole. DO NOT STAY IN THE HOTEL VERONICA YOU WILL SURELY REGRET IT.

• Stayed October 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel Veronica on the evening of the 4th of October and had moved by the afternoon of the 5th of October (following day). !!!!WARNING!!!! This hotel is a complete and utter disgrace, I would not have my worst enemy stay there. Our room was absolutely disgraceful, our initial reaction to the room was the window, it had a vine plant growing through it, when we we opened the window we had to push the vine out of the way to see through it. The room was plain and below standard, with an old tv sat on an old fridge and terribly dirty stained beds which were also rock solid to lay on. The bathroom was also a throw back from the seventies and the shower head was absolutely covered in lime scale. To top all this off, the air - conditioning unit was terrible. It did not cool the room and the only use it had was to make a terrible noise all night long. We also had to share 1 plug socket for a two bedroomed room as all the others had been closed off.

If you want to use the Internet, you pay €7.00 for 90 minutes

Food - if you like fatty bacon for breakfast and powdered orange juice with no taste, this is the place for you. If however, you prefer something edible I would suggest you eat somewhere else.

After pleading with our rep and paying over €400.00 we were eventually moved to a fabulous hotel where we can now enjoy our holiday. Unfortunately the manager of the Veronica wanted to charge us €160.00 to check out early, I was absolutely astounded that he had the cheek. When we refused he advised our rep to advise us to leave the hotel immediately whilst not even refunding us our safety deposit box monies.

The Veronica in my opinion needs demolishing or a major refurbishment.

Please take into account my post and try to avoid this awful hotel.

The only positives of the Veronica are the waitresses and the hotel cat.

• Stayed October 2011
Moreton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We have been to Cyprus twice before and have stayed halfboard and self catering in the past this is our first time at the Veronica and stayed halfboard.
Good Points. Staff excellent and very hard working nothing too much trouble.
public areas ie foyer, restaurant, bar, and pool well presented and kept spotless.Happy hour 9.30 to 10.30 each night.

Bad points. Food at breakfast ok but not much choice and fruit juices not much flavour and if you do not like apples no fruit for you and evening meals again not a lot of variety and you have to pay for any drinks you want even water in a bottle not a jug.

Room 119 very tired and requires total refurbisment and bathroom mould around bath and sink not very clean and a great view of the carpark three beds in room good job only two chairs on balcony as its not big enough for three people, air con very noisy and inefficent and no adjustment. We felt that the hotel was over priced and would not recommend it espeacially to young families as children not catered for at meal times. We ate out a couple of times recommend Theos at harbour and Pegsus Pub good value.

Room Tip: Hope you are lucky and get a decent one
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sutton Coldfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We had an amazing time at the Veronica Hotel. We stayed there with a group of approximately 40 family members and friends, other relatives stayed in nearby hotels. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, the staff were very helpful and friendly and we couldn't fault it. The pool and eating areas were clean and well kept and the bar and decking area at the front of the hotel was the same. The food selection at breakfast and in the evening was great and regularly stocked and there was a wide variety to choose from.
The rooms were well equipped although we only had one plug socket so had to alternate when using electrical equipment but it wasn't the end of the world.
All in all a holiday to remember and we were so impressed with the hotel we never ventured very far. The bus which stops directly outside takes you to the harbour or water park for just a 2 euro day ticket, the old town is a further bus ride away which you can catch at the harbour..
If you are considering this hotel it is well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Veronica Hotel? Share your experiences!