“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Louis Ledra Beach to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Louis Ledra Beach
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   PO Box 63003, Paphos 8210, Cyprus (Formerly Iberostar Ledra Beach)   |
Ranked #10 of 96 hotels in Paphos
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from 16th-27th Oct, I will start with the few minor issues which were, uncomfortable beds, very lumpy pillows, when I asked at the bar for a bottle of water for our room i was told i would be charged for it, €3 a day for the room safe, and €10 deposit for your beach towel,and a very, very cold swimming pool! All of these were minor things and certainly couldn't make me not want to return to this hotel.

Now for the good things, the staff are really nice and friendly, especially the entertainment team, Alex, andrei, luchi, audrien, Francesca, & jody they work so hard all day with their games in the day which I actually joined in with, 1st time ever! And their shows at nite, we played bingo a couple of times, funniest thing I've seen for a while! (wobble quack)

The food is of a very good quality, watch out for the meat man, he's a flirt! The waiters work hard, we had zoe most days, she's a lovely lady & worked so hard, I liked the food at lunch time at the pool bar, as they had rolls with different fillings everyday, and snack food like pizza, mini spring rolls, etc I prefer this in the day to heavy stuff.

The drinks here are very good, we tried most of the cocktails, my favourites were white Russian, brandy Alexanda & strawberry daquari, yum yum! The waiters can sometimes walk straight past but if u wave they come over, or u can order at the bar and they'll bring it to you.

The rooms are quite small for 3, but you only sleep and shower in them, there's plenty of wardrobe and draw space and the maids do a grand job of keeping them clean.

The location of the hotel is fine, it's probably a 40 minute walk from the harbour, we walked along the beach path at the back of all the hotels 1 night but found it difficult to see as its not lit all the way along, so I would suggest you go the road way at night or u can use the bus, we got a taxi back which cost €8, I thought that was reasonable enough.

I would definatly return to this hotel, infact I'm looking to go back next year all being well, I would also recommend this to my friends and family.

All I would say to the managers would be sort out the minor issues at the beginning of my review and this would be a perfect hotel, keep up your good work......!!

• Stayed October 2013
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Ledra Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting the Louis Ledra Beach during a recent holiday.

It makes us happy to read that overall your stay was a positive one, filled with many unforgettable memories. It is great that despite the minor niggles you mentioned you still had a great time and rest assured that we will consider all your feedback for our improvement. Let us explain that we refrain from giving out bottles of water for free in order to reduce our plastic waste. This being part of our sustainability policy makes it impossible to promote the use of bottles. As for the safe, we consider it to be an optional service and it would thus be unfair to include it in the room rates for everyone. Finally regarding the beach towel deposits, please understand that in the past a lot of the towels got lost and this is why we were forced to ask for a prepayment which is returned at the end of your stay.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we really hope to welcome you again at the Louis Ledra.

1,724 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Don't usually do reviews but feel worth mentioning Louis Ledra Hotel. We have just returned from weeks holiday to attend a Wedding at the Hotel, it was fantastic. Drinks and snacks on arrival was a nice touch, food throughout was excellent. The Staff were friendly and worked very hard, including the entertainment staff. Enjoyed the whole week and would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Much thanks for your recent holiday at Louis Ledra.

Thank you also for your very positive comment which we have received with great delight. Our staff will be proud to hear of your praise and we will pass it on to them immediately.

Regards from all of us here at Louis Ledra.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our 6th visit to Ledra Beach and as soon as we walked back through the doors we were welcomed by John from the Bar team. Turning around towards reception lead to another welcome from Sandra as it really felt like returning home even though it was 11pm.

My only complaint is we should have booked for longer as the week came around much too fast.

Being later in the year (we normally visit in June) the evening entertainment was a bit different as we were in the hall rather than the outside venue but Louci, Andre and the team still kept us amused.

We're looking at next year for another return visit as it seems to good to miss.

Well done team !

Room Tip: The S rooms have ground level access out to the pool and garden areas direct from the patios !
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your views with the online community following a stay at Louis Ledra.

It is really a shame that you couldn't stay longer but at least we rest in the knowledge that the time you spent with us was unforgettable. Especially your praise of our bar and animation staff is touching and rest assured the whole team will be showered with your compliments. A return visit next year would make all of us at Louis Ledra very happy so we do hope it materializes.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We never expected to want to return to the same hotel but have just returned to Ledra Beach for the second time and we will be back again!
This hotel has it all , it is well run by the management to give great consistent service standards ,clean comfortable rooms,serves great food all day long and and has lovely friendly staff. It has also has a great location on the seafront ,a short walk from the harbour but what makes this hotel exceptional and brings many guests back are the fantastic entertainers.Our special thanks to Teamleader Luci ,archery ace Andre and and killer darts Adrianne made our holiday yet again with their humour and talent. Newer additions of break dancer Alex and children's entertainers Jodie and Francesca complete this great team who make Louis Ledra a great place to be.You need to be early to get a seat for the shows the team put on as the room is small but it is definitely worth it as Luci and Andre's double act should not be missed !
The hotel had also improved the service from last time by offering table service of coffee at breakfast and wine and champagne at dinner .Our thanks also to Daniella who remenbered us and looks after everyone wonderfully,
Thank you all at Louis Ledra ,we will be back
Andy, Linda and Aaron

Room Tip: It is worth getting a room with a sea view rather than overlooking the car park
Dear guest,

Please accept our gratitude for your stay at Louis Ledra.

It is heartwarming to read your kind words and we couldn't ask for a better comment online. We work so hard to keep our standards not just high but most importantly consistent, and to hear praise for achieving this feels amazing. Thank you so much and we hope this won't be the last time we see you at Louis Ledra.

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my 6th return visit to an amazing hotel. Have so many amazing memories of this special place and again i wasn't disappointed. On arrival was met by the same friendly faces as my last visit there and complimentary drinks quenched my thirst after a long flight over.

Luggage was taken off me straight away and delivered to my room which was a limited sea view room ( G37 ) however it gave amazing views of the sea and pool area and was more than adequate for us. The room was spotless and very well equipped for me and my young family, the beds were firm and nicely made and my young children loved the swans made out of the towels each day .. they were fascinated.

The hotels usual high standard was again maintained, friendly smiling staff that simply couldnt do enough for you. Drinks were cold and plentiful and the main pool area looked superb.

Food was stunning each day with themed meals each night - ranging from Greek / Italian / Gala etc .. It was my daughters 5th Birthday whilst there and the head chef made her a brilliant cake which she adored, again they couldnt do enough for us.

The night entertainment was good! The two lads were a perfect match and had me in stitches all night. The Bingo had a great twist to it ( wobble quack ) and the night flew by seemlesly. Only thing i would say is that they had a tribute act comprising of a female singer and two female dancers .... it didnt really work in my opinion and seemed a bit like a lap dancing act which is just not in line with the hotels high standards.

You can read the comments on tripadvisorthat are negative about this place, but in my opinion just dont look to much into them as they do not reflect this stunning hotels very high standards at all.

If you do just one thing in your life .... stay here! you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Go for a limited sea view room and save money and still get a stunning view.
Dear guest,

Many thanks for holidaying at our Louis Ledra.

It is delightful to read that everything from our spotless accommodation to our lovely food was to your utmost satisfaction. Above all we are proud of our staff for their impeccable service, knowing that it gives them great pleasure to please you in such a way. They look forward to welcoming you again at Louis Ledra.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just arrived back from a weeks holiday at Ledra Beach, after a weeks Thomson cruise. The hotel is fantastic, everything from location, to food, to rooms was ideal.Thats the good bit. One area was a bit of a let down. We were there for seven nights, only two of which had any entertainment in the Gazebo bar,(reception hall) These both being very good. There had previously been entertainment outside, but as the evenings were getting chilly,it was brought into the Aspilia bar, which was quite a small room with a low ceiling and would not hold all the people, you couldnt get past the people crowded round the door, and there were no vacant tables or chairs anyway. We spoke to the Thomson rep. and she told us to go to the adjoining hotels (where we obviously had to pay for our drinks) and watch their entertainment, which we did. I ask her to just look around at the people sat there looking bored to tears. The animation team worked very hard and were very good, just a pity they couldnt have had a smarter uniform. I was also disappointed the dress code for the dining room was totally ignored.
I would be reluctant to recommend this hotel to others, unless it was earlier in the year when the entertainment was outside, or more being put on in the Gazebo bar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have just returned from a week at this hotel following a cruise with my husband and another couple.

Firstly must iterate the pleasant welcome with drinks and nibbles whilst your case is taken to your room.

Next, I must contradict one comment made which I read just before leaving with a sinking heart, you can put toilet paper down the loo not into a bin!

Regarding the hotel, main pluses - food and as we were all inclusive, drinks. I found the drinks perfectly acceptable, mainly drunk dry martini and tonic. Also loved the iced coffee, especially good if you put vanilla ice-cream into the glass as well.

I do agree that the dining room can seem a bit school dinner-ish if you go when it is busy, but we generally timed our visits for the quieter times and it was much less hectic and noisy.

However both tea and coffee not palatable to me, and as I can't stand UHT milk this ruled out cereals. However more than enough other items to compensate.

Regarding the gala dinner, I quite enjoyed the experience of being waited one again, like on the cruise, but one of my friends really didn't like the food - he is a meat and two veg man and found the food too messed around with. Also you get far less than in the dining room and no choice except for the main course.

I found the room perfectly acceptable. We had a walk in shower which was very efficient and shower gel/shampoo and soap provided on wall dispensers.

The room was always very clean as was all the other areas of the hotel and grounds.

Also the bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning - when required - was fine.

Regarding weddings, fortunately there were only three whilst we were there and we didn't find them intrusive or in any way spoiled our enjoyment.

It was great to have an adult only pool, which was very peaceful - although until the last few days of our holiday when half term started, there were not that many children and none that were too noisy. There were plenty of sun beds and parasols available and they were also very comfortable with a squashy mattress.

All the staff were very friendly and the entertainment staff worked very hard. The day time activities provided were fine, but the evening entertainment was not that good - especially after a cruise! It wasn't for want of effort but it was not very entertaining to us. We spent the evenings in the lobby which was much less crowded and there were very attentive bar staff ready to replenish drinks as and when required. On several evenings there was musical entertainment in the lobby, one evening there was a really good male singer - I think someone said he had been in a pop group in the 70s.

Regarding the 20 minute walk to Paphos - we are all quite aged and hobbly! It took us about 90 minutes with several sit downs!

The bus service was excellent and I regretted we didn't have more time to travel to other parts of the island for 5 euros a day.

So overall a good time was had by all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the Louis Ledra during a recent holiday.

We are happy that your overall stay was positive, with things like the rooms, food, drink and service being to your satisfaction. It is unfortunate that certain elements of your stay were not what you thought they would be, and rest assured that we will do our best to improve on them in the future. Hopefully they will not deter you from returning to the Louis Ledra.

The Management

Been to Louis Ledra Beach? Share your experiences!