“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Maidehead UK
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was going to write a review of the Kissos on my return after spending a week there returning 10th Oct. I was even more determined to write one after reading some of the more recent derogatory reviews for the same period I was there. I had to check that they were talking about the same hotel!! My wife and I stayed many times at this hotel and were always extremely pleased. This was my first visit there for about five years, this time, sadly as a single traveller. the staff, whatever their jobs were at all times extremely friendly and helpful. It seemed to be only some of the guests who were rude and aggressive towards them! It has always been my motto that you only earn respect by treating others with it. Some of the guests should take this to heart. Yes, like many, if not most of the package hotels you have to pay for tea making facilities and the safe. Its normal - get over it!! The food was excellent ( better than my last visit) There was always plenty of it and there was a good variety. I must have missed the roast potatoes every night, because I certainly didn't see them! I have stayed in so called 'better' hotels, where the food has not been half as good.The entertainment was reasonable. If you want five star entertainment then you must pay five star prices. My room was always clean, I certainly didn't need to stoop to placing pieces of cotton on the floor in order to check up! Yes, some areas, noticeably the bathrooms could do with an upgrade - but everything was clean and was working so it didn't cause me a problem. If you have a problem, the management including the owner are always about and happy to listen. If I have one small moan it's the introduction of the 'All inclusive' package. All inclusive being a matter of choice this causes more work for the bar staff which can cause friction for those waiting for drinks. Hotels and holiday companies need to realise that not everybody wants this deal and they must get away from the 'one size fits all' mentality - not all hotels are suitable for or need 'all inclusive' and the Kissos in my opinion is one of them. Finally don't be put of by the bad reviews, I have the feeling that many people only take a holiday to give them something to moan about! This is a well situated, well run friendly, comfortable hotel. You won't be disappointed by the staff, food or accommodation. This is a hotel that I would thoroughly recommend to those wanting a good relaxing holiday at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool have a better view, but with the 'all inclusive' travellers at th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
Newport, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got back from Cyprus where I stayed at the Kissos Hotel, Some of the staff were very friendly and the reception girls were great. The Hotel is in need of a makeover as it is very dated. The food was not that good and slow to be replenished. We were upgraded to a superior room because on the first night we could not stay as they were over booked. The superior room was just a little bigger than the normal rooms?? My wfe left some cotton on the floor in the bathroom on purpose and that were it stayed the whole week. The maid just tidy thet dont seem to clean very much. Like the cat litter outside that was there when we got there and when we left. I could go on and on. This hotel is a 2 star.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here from 1-7 October 2012. This hotel is exactly what you'd expect from a good 3* hotel. We were upgraded to a superior room on arrival - it was spacious, clean and quiet. The hotel waiting and reception staff were friendly and efficient. The public areas of the hotel were clean and well maintained. There was no need to reserve sunbeds, there were plenty available around both pools. Breakfast had a large variety of different foods, and dinners were what you'd expect for a 3* hotel, the themed Cypriot nights being a highlight. Happy hour and happy half-hour daily at the bar were great, and the bar staff friendly. I have never commented myself on Tripadvisor before, but after reading the large number of negative comments, I felt the need to say something more positive. This is a 3* hotel, not a luxury hotel, and the price we paid reflected that. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

We are currently on holiday at kissos after paying 4 thousand pounds for 4 of us for 2 weeks we then had to pay 154 euros for tea making facilities the food is discusting its a run down hole ! I love pafhos bit hate this hotel im currently sat in mcdonalds having tea as food was un edible at kissos ! I paid 5 euros for a cocktail that a) tasted like crap and b) wS served in a tumbler glass this is my first day so far i hate it !! Its dirty ran down and our room was far from superior !!! The aliathion hotel in pagos is a paradise this is a hell hole pics of dirty room to follow ' AVOID !!! For ur own sake !!!!

• Stayed October 2012
KissosTeam, Front Office Manager at Kissos Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank for taking the time to write your comments even still being on holidays.
We are really sorry that from your first day of vacation things are going so bad for you and we really feel that it is a shame to spoil all of your holidays by staying one day with us. It would have been much easier to come to come to reception and let someone know of your problems. Some things that make your stay so bad could be solved.
The hotel is definitely not dirty or run down as you say and you may have other food options but again if you have a specific problem we can always help you with it or we can let you know the options you have.
The manager would be happy to see you in person and try to make your stay more enjoyable.
We look forward to meeting you .
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Wrote a review soon as I got bak but thought I'd rewrite carnt believe all the bad reviews. Don't know what hotel they were staying at as as there is nothing wrong with this hotel. And this hotel does like children. They were fab and friendly with my little girl. I would 100% go back this hotel. Staff worked hard and friendly that's all staff. Hotel was nice and clean. Entertainment were good and nikki was good with the children. People have moaned about pool being noisy but your on holiday to have fun and play around in pool maybe if adults don't Like noise they should go to adult only instead if a family hotel, it's a pool not a library. Me and my little girl had a fab time at this hotel an had no faults with it and would recommend this hotel and for people to ignore the bad and nasty reviews

• Stayed July 2012
Essex Girl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

This was the third time my husband & I had been to the Kissos. In previous years we had thoroughly enjoyed the clean rooms,nice quiet pools and reasonable meals. This year No way. The decor needs really updating the furniture is a throwback from the 80's still the same as when we first went years ago. The pool needed attention as the seals had come off in parts of the Lagoon pool and the grouting was covered in algae. The food now is dire repetitive and luke warm. Cold eggs in the morning and the staff seem to take great delight in walking round then every now and then giving the food a stir Why!! When we went if you wanted a sunbed you'd have to get up at the crack of dawn to secure one
The beds in the room were like concrete and I had a sheet with a hole in I wasn't impressed at all. Will not be going back which is a shame as we love the location of this particular hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room by the Lagoon pool which are slightly better than the ones in the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just a quick and easy review
This is truth don't go here with children they don't like them in this hotel
All staff rude, exept reception staff in day , food awfull , all inclusive really bad
Guests moaning because kids playing in pool . Entertainment really bad daytime music played really low crickets were louder
Playing music like Garry glitter . This hotel is for retired people not a family hotel .
The deco is in the 70s the hotel was clean but that's about it .
Put me off Cyprus for life..

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kissos Hotel? Share your experiences!