“Good stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Just returned from a weeks stay with my husband.the hotel is positioned in a good spot.yes it could do with a tidy up but nothing major.l was happy with my room 211found no problem at all.the dinning room staff was very pleasant and respectful.we went half board but up graded to all inclusive as we found the drink expensive.Laura the entertainment girl was a ray off sunshine. Always had a smile and spoke every time she saw you.the staff on the pool bar wasn't very pleasant and need to pick up on getting there drinks right.theres bars and restaurants just on the road coming out of the hotel. Some lovely restaurants. Yes I would go back. Enjoyed our stay. Just can't understand why some people moan over the smallest things.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Greek first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Holiday was very enjoyable as hotel runs like a well oiled machine! Staff well organised efficient and friendly. We were all inclusive and found the quality of the food and drinks provided was of a high standard. Rooms were well appointed but bathrooms were a little tired although fully functional. Hotel well positioned as a short walk through the garden area gets you to the bus stop for the 615 bus to Paphos. They run about every 10 minutes and are very clean cheap and efficient. We recommend a day trip to Limmasol and a trip to Lara Bay on the Wave Dancer. Great value for money and a brilliantly entertaining boat trip!!!

Room Tip: Sea view is worth having
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was a very disappointing holiday. The hotel overall was ok, but very badly run and the attitude of some of the staff left a lot to be desired. Although we were all inclusive, we had to pay for WiFi, safe deposits, towels for the pool. The bedding was changed every other day, and the towels everyday. The bed was like sleeping on a board and the pillows were like a bag of pebbles. We had a balcony overlooking the garden at the back of the Hotel. It was like something out of Steptoe's yard. We ate out 4 out of 7 days, as we found the food to be not to our liking. And please don't get me started on the CATS. They were in the bar and the lounge area everyday. What would have happened had I been allergic to them? Would we go again. - NO. Not to Paphos. We would consider Larnaca or that side of the island.

Room Tip: I doubt whether you would find a good room in this hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

we just returned last week from a three week stay at this hotel and it was one of the worst experiences ever the hotel had no visable management and the reception staff and especially the bar staff were so abrupt and unfriendly it was a miserable experience if you wanted a glass with your drink you had to make an issue of it the same if you wanted a coffee in a cup and saucer and then it was a case of angry looks being given but who wants to drink out of polystyrene cups and plastic cups for drinks not expected from a hotel of this supposed standard and there was no dress code at all in the hotel or restaurant just honestly a terrible experience we paid for fully inclusive but only used the bar about six times and only ate in the first week and that was enough for us for various reasons the choice of food was not really very varied and not that good so we ate out for two weeks and if I wanted a nice cocktail we had to go out for that as whoever heard of a cocktail in a plastic cup with no trimmings whatsoever the cock tails were only a long drink definitely not cocktails that was a joke so if anybody is looking for a nice holiday with friendly service don't go there

Room Tip: do not go to this hotel unfriendly and tired out
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have just returned home after spending 10 nights at the Crown Resorts Horizon hotel which i genuinely enjoyed and was sad at the thought of leaving.. i went whilst it was winter so some of the facilities were not open due to it been out of season but i do have some good and bad points about this hotel which were;

Good points;
1. the food was excellent and they offered a variety of different types of food throughout the week.
2. the waiting staff were beyond friendly and did anything in order to please you
3. the bar was well equipped with different spirits and was available throughout the day until 12pm
4. snacks and ice-cream were available all day
5. the spa was beautifully presented
6. the rooms were decently sized

Bad points;
1. the entertainment was rubbish!
2. the hotel seemed to cater more towards elderly customers
3. the bar staff were rude
4. we had to ask for music around the pool as it was boring
5. the add on costs were stupidly over priced!!!!

overall i really enjoyed this holiday as i was surrounded by nice decent people who helped me to enjoy my holiday.

i would recommend this hotel and i would return but when it was in season (may-nov)

Room Tip: high floor, sea view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having been to Cyprus many times and although some reviews were not great we decided to give it a try as it was in an area we like with reasonable beaches. The hotel is sound, looks good from the outside, and was good inside, very spacious with lots of sitting areas and well decorated, very clean and tidy. The rooms were also good, spacious and clean. ours was 164, first floor right by the lift, nice and quiet room, slept well. Flat screen TV, but as usual if you wanted to watch anything other than the news, you have to go to communal areas, why cant they get other channels to the rooms ???, I would pay extra. We were on all inclusive, the dining room was large with quiet a small serving area which I think could be a problem in peak season, but now was OK. Waiting staff (Table cleaners) were efficient and pleasant all on self service, but you did get a drink bought to you at lunch/dinner. Generally the food was good, plenty of meat dishes, could have been more fish on offer, mainly meat and veg with a few specials, more than adequate and some great puddings, bread and butter pud, apple crumble etc with homemade custard plus your usual ice creams and pastry's, really nice. Drinks were generous in volume and quality for local booze, problems on some occasions with ten to twenty people in Queue too few staff at times mostly nice but watch out for Olga, nasty piece of work, got told off in front of other guests as I ordered and forgot to pick up one drink for my wife when called for meeting, on returning to bar was told at first she would not serve me as although all inclusive did not give us the rights to leave a drink, I apologized but had to offer to pay which I would have done gladly so after asking if she would like pounds, euros or bank card, she did serve me, but there was no need and really made me angry, this is not good customer service, she was also heard earlier telling bar staff off for talking too much to customers, if I employed her (and I have run organisations into high hundreds of staff) I would have sacked her on the spot. Anyway after my rant, a good all round hotel with mostly nice helpful people running it, very good value for money.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Before booking this hotel I had a good look at the reviews on here. Some were good, some were bad so I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt, a decision I now regret. The hotel itself is badly in need of a makeover, it is shabby and well-worn. My room faced north and got no sunshine what-so-ever, it was cold and gloomy in April although this would I guess be an advantage in July! I arrived in the dark and didn't realise this until after I had unpacked and moved in so didn't ask for the room to be changed so I do not know if they would have obliged. The sheets were clean and there was a mattress cover but the blanket and bedspread were not fresh for me as a new guest and I did not like sleeping under covers that others had slept under. The pillows were not to my liking and the mattress was so hard I had to put a spare pillow underneath me or I woke up aching and bruised! The bathroom was serviceable but the shower was hopeless and if I turned it on to more than a trickle the water shot horizontally rather than downwards over me! It was impossible to make the shower head point downwards. There was a TV in the room but the only channel I could understand was BBC world news. I understand that you don't go on holiday to watch TV but if you did want to there would be nothing to watch except for the news.
The food itself was very good as long as you're not expecting to eat local cuisine. There was a good selection to suit most tastes and I had Chinese, Indian and roast lamb and roast beef (I would have preferred traditional Cypriot food personally). I noticed they often "recycled" the evening leftovers for lunch and even dinner the next day and the bread was never fresh. The actual restaurant was deplorable! It reminded me of a school canteen. The tables are all on top of each other and, as a single person, I was placed on the tables right by the buffet counters or walkways and so couldn't relax and eat a meal I simply got my food and left as quickly as possible. There are a handful of nice tables in window alcoves but I was not "allowed" to sit at these as they were for "four people" - even if the Restaurant was empty I was still made to sit on the M25 to eat! A couple of times I didn't wait to be seated and sat myself at an alcove table. I was told, very rudely, to move even though I was half way through my meal and the Restaurant was pretty much empty. And you only got 1 knife, fork and spoon or the alleged 5 courses! It amused me that I often got a saucer to use as a side plate.
You have to pay for the internet which I did, but it was 30 euros for the week! Tea and coffee facilities in the room were 5 euros a day for "4 pieces" even if you're all inclusive! I took my own kettle and stocked up on teabags, coffee and milk at breakfast time to use in my room - they never stopped me but then I don't know if they ever saw me take it! I booked a late checkout to keep the room until 6pm and had the maids burst into my room at 2 in the afternoon to change the bed. I refused to pay the 50 euros for the late checkout following this incident. The towels were not changed daily.
The staff were not particularly friendly and gave the impression that I was inconveniencing them by asking for something - perhaps that was just me? Haha! The receptionists were the exception to this rule - maybe they are better paid?
Overall I was very disappointed - I paid £700 for my weeks holiday and expected a little more - perhaps I expected too much for that money? I don't think so but I guess others may disagree.
The resort itself is probably best suited to families - there wasn't really anything to do in the evenings (unless I missed something?). I did eat at a couple of the Restaurants and I cannot fault them. They were courteous and friendly and the food was delicious (they let me sit where I wanted and the bread was fresh!). Coral Bay beach which I read rave reviews about was dirty and strewn with rubbish and so very disappointing.
Good points: The bus service is very good and very cheap. The stray cats are affectionate and friendly. The weather was fab (thank god or I'd have come home early!).
Would I go again or recommend this to someone else? Not a chance! On the way back to the airport we stopped to pick up at 5 other hotels (I was the sole pickup at my hotel which I guess spoke volumes) and, admittedly only from the outside, they all looked so much nicer.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel! :)
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Crown Resorts Horizon? Share your experiences!