“Relaxing holiday” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coral Bay Avenue | PO Box 62727, Paphos 8068, Cyprus   |
Ranked #59 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
“Relaxing holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for two weeks at the end of june. Coral bay is lovely and if i could i would live there . Pool is big and clean ( previous review said there were spoons and cups in the pool , i was there at same time and there was no cups and spoons in the pool ) anyway food was ok , breakfast was the best bacon , sausages , fried egg , pancakes , yogurt, toast , toms, beans , honey , hash browns etc staff were ok chris was funny behind the bar and the entertainment girls were brilliant too . Bingo every night and we won two houses whoop . Met lovely people in cyprus lauren and rob , bill , karen and bob , chris and clare ( hello to you all ) x
The cleaners were lovely too and made effort to speak to us . The old guy in the hotel shop was lovely but the woman was very moody . Loadz of sunbeds . Overall we had a great holiday and i would defo go to cyprus again .

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Me and my friend stayed here (both aged 18) for one week. We wanted a relaxing holiday but wanted to go to bars in the evening too. We found just this at Crown Horizon! The staff are so friendly, the food is amazing and the location is BRILLIANT. It is situated by the town of Coral Bay. A less than 5 minute walk through the back of the hotels gardens and you find yourself standing on the lively, fun strip of Coral Bay. I would recommend the bar 'Blazzing Saddles'. The beach is also very easy to access, just a 5/10 minute walk in the opposite direction. I would definitely return with friends or family, it is a well age balanced hotel. The rooms are cleaned daily, the food is always different, no complaints. You don't have to get up too early to get yourself a sunbed either! Some people even preferred to lay in the garden of the hotel, in a more quiet and peaceful set. There is music whilst the bar is open which is fun, daily games such as water polo and archery etc. Kids club in the evening with good quality entertainment after for adults! We stayed all inclusive and I would highly recommend coming back!! We wish we stayed a little bit longer! Ignore the bad reviews, we were a little worried but everything was perfect, cannot complain about a single thing!!!!

Room Tip: A 'sea view room' has the best view, seeing the beach, sea and the pool area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cheddar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

had to recheck the photo as I honestly didn't not immediately recognise it !!! Just got back from short All Inclusive stay....

hotel very clean, wide variety of food, plenty of food BUT reception was unusual. reception staff very efficient and polite but not very helpful, they were graciously unhelpful . declining to check on things, refusing to provide water - all inclusive - told me i had to purchase it!! This was not just to me, I overheard with other residents.

In fact bar staff willingly filled water bottles for all inclusive clients.

There was no facility to contact reception from your room, most unusual. We requested 'beach side view'. We got tennis court and mountains in the distance, no matter how much I contorted myself hanging out of the exceptionally minute balcony I could not see the sea. I was assured it was there .......but photographic evidence has failed to identify it!!!

Estimated a couple of hundred rooms in the complex - sunbeds for possibly 70 if you were lucky..............so if you go high season don't expect a sunbed unless you are up at 7 to 'bag' one. Usual problem of people putting towels on sunbeds then disappearing off until after lunch - there was evidence of residents being frustrated by the lack of sunbed capacity in early July so August will no doubt be worse.

Most definately NOT 5 star, probably more of a 3, 4 if I am feeling generous. most of the staff were wonderful and very hard working.

would go again but felt it was expensive for what we felt was a less than 5 star complex. the 4 out of 5 is in recognition of most of the staff efficiency and hard work and the cleanliness and food.

Room Tip: rooms with side sea view DONT have any sea view........we had one and no matter how hard we tried to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My Husband and I just returned from three weeks AI stay at this hotel and we were very satisfied with it. Location was great, right at the end of Coral Bay strip which had great restaurants and bars. Our fave Bar was Coral Sunset (Upstairs Bar) which had happy hour on cocktails (BOGOF) between 5pm-7pm so we went quite oftern then.

The beach was a 5 min walk and was a v nice - not stoney at all. You have to pay for beds and umbrella but u have to on most public beaches..

Food in hotel was plenty - I dont eat meat but pleanty for me - good choices for all eaters. They did serve chips for breakfast thou for nearly 2 weeks (which I found strange) but I think that was catered for the Ruskies..

Lots of enterainment and activities during the day to keep u amused if u dont like sunbathing all day. Staff were lovely and so where the animation girls. Good entertainment on an evening but if u want something loud and crazy there were plenty of naff singers / drag queens in the bars on the strip to amuse..

Husband found the bed hard and the balconey was a bit a small for me. Only bad point for me was that the pool could have done with being cleaned, was a little sandy around the edges after 3 weeks..

O and also the bedroom doors made a loud banging noise when they closed so I could hear other peoples doors (down the corridor!) from my room (not good when ur sleeping)

Room Tip: we had room 305 so was half mountains and half sea view. v nice room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with two friends for only a week on half board. We landed late and arrived into the hotel at around 11 o'clock where the bar offered us free sandwiches as we had missed dinner. on checking in, we also got a free lunch voucher to use on any of the days during our trip. I couldn't fault the staff, they were very talkative, extremely helpful and great to have a laugh with. The room we stayed in was a standard room but as there was three of us, the third bed was a camp bed which I was a little disappointed with for a 4 star hotel. the food was served buffet style and was really nice - I have never eaten so much! The pool was nice, no deeper than my shoulders but having 3 pools was big enough to have quite a few pairs playing beach ball! there was a swim up bar which would be good if we had gone all inclusive. although the pool was busy we always found 3 sunbeds next to each other and staff were always getting people to do activities such as water polo and volley ball. There are a few bars outside the hotel but the main strip of bars was in pathos. The entertainment at night wasn't the best however, there was something on each night like casino night, games night and karaoke. the beach is only a 5 minute walk away and was very clean with nice food and a water sports section.one of the days we went on a boat trip with the wave dancer which I highly recommend as it was all inclusive and the food was just divine and freshly made on the boat. All in all, I found this holiday most enjoyable and we only booked a week before we departed so was good value for money. I would definitely recommend if you want a relaxing chilled out week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Family holiday with two teenage sons. The equipment for tennis, snooker and pool is all substandard. Other than that we have no complaints. The interior reminded me of an airport hotel. Well appointed and clean. The lounge areas are excellent with plenty of seating. Never had any problems getting food or drink and no issues with the quality. If you want to eat out then the strip immediately next to the hotel will satisfy most requirements. Relax and have a good holiday, the hotel is good enough.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Egham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here for one week at the end of June, I couldnt really fault the hotel, we arrived literally at midnight and was a little dissapointed that they would even give us one drink or a sandwich after our long trip. We stayed on the 3rd floor, the room was adequate if a little dated but very clean and cleaned daily. The food was fairly typical of all inclusive but you would have to be really fussy if you couldnt find anything to eat. Pool area generally got busy and I had to get up early to put towels on sunbeds. Pool nice & warm and swim up bar a bonus. Staff did sometimes come accross as abrupt but when you see the hours they work its not surprising, most seemed Ok after a day or so and Paulina always friendly behind the bar. Entertainment was a little lacking but again fairly typical. We ate ate and drank at some of the bars & restuarants outside the hotel and thoroughly recommend the Japanese Teppanyaki restuarant, the food was great and very entertaining. All in all a very relaxing holiday, it wasnt the best value and you could probably find nicer elsewhere in Greece for the same money but i can honestly say you could also do a lot worse.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Crown Resorts Horizon? Share your experiences!