Aqua Sol hotel
Having only just arrived back home from a week in Cyprus I can now put into words my thoughts on my stay here. Though it should be noted that my fiancées views differ greatly from mine.
When your rep tells you, you will have to get up at 6am if you want a sun bed –
When you have to ask to move room almost as soon as you have arrived because of ridiculously loud ‘entertainment’ –
When dressing for dinner means putting on a good pair of walking shoes because you will be stood in queue for up to 30minutes
Then my friends you know this isn’t going to be quite the holiday you thought you had booked.......
The hotel is clean and tidy, reception was ok and first impressions where favourable but after only one night we had to ask to move, Alex the ‘entertainer’ is almost as loud as his ego is big.... the hotel accommodation manageress was very good but overstretched. She did move us to another room which in hindsight someone else had properly asked to be moved from as it was next to the kitchens.
The sun bed issue is a major source of annoyance. Why the hotel ruins its reputation for the sake of a few hundred quid’s worth of plastic sun beds is beyond me, I had to get up at 6am to make sure the four of us could actually lie down in the sun. Not great in a 4star hotel.
Another source of great irritant is the constant music, I’m sure lots of people like Boney M but do we all have to have it blasting over the pool at 8am?
Which leads me to Alex..... lots I’m sure will think he is very funny however I booked this holiday to relax not to be shouted at. And while the entertainment follows a set routine of kiddie disco (same 5 or 6 songs over and over again) followed by bingo followed by very very loud music might appeal to some, to me it became very irritating. (I am aware I may be suffering from grumpy old man syndrome but even when he was asked to turn it down, he didn’t...I like to go to sleep when I want to, not when the entertainer has had enough singing bad karaoke)
Food is of very high quality but as I have mentioned, to have it all in one long line is just asking for trouble. People were queuing out of the restaurant and into the bar area almost every night so if you are going to stay here. Top tip eat very early or very late or else get some comfy shoes.
The staff are all excellent and work exceptionally hard, the two girls in the poolside bar work flat out and told me that they hadn’t had a day for 4 weeks straight... no wonder they looked tired.
So to sum up good clean hotel, excellent food, decent staff bar one but I may be biased, good holiday ruined by lack of sun beds and badly thought out self service catering arrangements.
One final tip, if you go on the relaxing cruise, sit upstairs in the shade of the wheel house. Yes the sun beds look very inviting but it’s very very hot once you’re out at sea and you will need the shade. Oh and I hope you like music, because far from being relaxing, music is played all the pigging time !!!
Not the relaxing holiday I thought I was getting but if you have young kids, don’t like to lie down and love Boney M then you will love it....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bobbing along the lazy river, hurtling down one of the multi-slides or splashing around with the kids, the brand new on-site and complimentary water park is sure to make this already popular all-inclusive hotel a massive hit with families and couples alike. Set on its own stretch of sand-and-shingle beach with studios and apartments to cater for all family sizes, you’re sure to have a fantastic stay. Location: In the Coral Bay area, on an incline; directly on a rock/ shingle beach; 1.5km from Coral Beach; 500m from Coral Bay’s resort centre; 12km from the resort centre of Paphos. Features: Two outdoor swimming pools; on-site water park (six waterslides and a lazy river) sun terraces with sun loungers and parasols; indoor swimming pool; buffet restaurant serving local and international cuisine; pool snack bar offering pizza and pasta in the evening; reception. Activities: Tennis; sauna; disco club; entertainment program usually including theme nights and Cypriot night. All Inclusive guests: see All Inclusive option for free activities and entertainment. For Children: Own pool. Accomodation: Studios and one bedroom apartments (sleeping up to 4 adults) have air conditioning, TV, kitchenette with fridge, oven, cooking rings, kettle and toaster, bathroom and balcony or terrace. Studios with side sea view, Superior studios, 1 bedroom apartments with side sea view and Superior 1 bedroom apartments are all available at a supplement. Official Rating: A class, 149 rooms. Please note: due to the number of steps around the complex and the steep location, these apartments are not recommended for those with walking difficulties. FEATURES•Free Access to on site water park, Own section of beach• Water slides• Lazy River• Mini Slide• Aqua Bow• Squirting Frog and Whale• Water Shooter• Jungle Aqua Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Aqua Sol Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Sol Holiday Village Hotel Paphos
- Aqua Sol Tourist Village Paphos
- Aqua Sol Village Cyprus