“Fanastic, self contained village” 5 of 5 stars

Aliathon Holiday Village
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Poseidonos Avenue, Paphos 8063, Cyprus   |
Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
UK
“Fanastic, self contained village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Fantastic resort we travelled with 3 and 5 year old, who loved the place, hotel is situated probably 15min walk , 1.5 euro bus or 8 euro taxi from paphos center. We only ventured to local shops and beach ( which is ok man made small cove with watersports). If you love pool holidays much better choice for beach not the best

We stayed in the new Fishermans Village holds mainly deluxe accom (www.aliathonvillage.com), accomodation very very good the kids suite we had overlooked the main pool with large balcony, large adult bedroom with flat screen tv and dvd player. A kitchen area with fridge , hob and microwave plus storage , nice bathroom and the kidsroom with tv and playsttion , all fully air con

Agean Village older and contains standard rooms and 2 pools, the new village had brilliant kids pool for small children waterslides etc and 3 further pools (1 indoor with gym jacquzzi spa etc) football academy, high ropes, archery, water polo, bowling green, tennis, creches , playground etc etc loads to do probably for 3 to 14 yr olds

Kids clubs, creches and facilities absolutetly brilliant and in2action team especially Matty , staff really good going from 11 am ish to 11pm loads and loads of activities for all the family.

We had a great time and you can upgrade to all inclusive for 36 euros per person per day in resort. Safety deposit box uses a old style headphon jack ( the big one) to activate so save your self 3 to 4 euros a day and get the jack

Enjoy the place before First Choice work out how to market it properly !!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Hebrew first
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

When we arrived at Paphos airport and got on the coach, we were given room numbers and labels for suitcase's. After arriving at The Holiday village we had a speedy transfer to our rooms by a Golf buggy, the porter even brings the case's up to the room. Lovely deluxe room on first impressions, but it was late and very dark. Next morning we found door frames in bedroom and bathroom damanged and bathroom door would not even lock also plug socket in bedroom to plug a baby monitor in was not working, was told by reception this would be fixed but after staying there 2 weeks nothing was done.

Swimming pool by light house was taped off as tiles were coming away, first choice and owner of hotel could not agree who had to fix it and this had been like this since Feb! so not happy when you have little children who can't swim and can't use the shallow end. I must say that last few days of holiday this was being fixed but it was going on all day and to late at night with a kangol going all the time. Also there was Human Excrement in the pool that was reported but took them day to actually remove it but pool was not cleaned.

Another thing alot of the guest were complaining about was the owner of the Holiday Village had deceided to hold his Daughters wedding and reception there so they gave us a days notice that the main restuarant , light house bar, adult bar and areas surrounding this were closed to any guests as there were three and a half thousand people expected to turn up for this. Think this was not right as we had paid to use everything and to top it off they did the same thing the following week for a family friend. They did put a kind of BBQ on for us in the entertainment area but the food was rubbish.

The main resturant was lovely and food ok but after two weeks of the same thing it got boring. Also one morning there were Ant's in the Honey and plates provided in resturant were side plates not big enough for a adult dinner. The Mexican resturant is not worth the vist the fish is slimly and the food is in sml potions and not very warm, I wanted to try the greek but after the Mexican thought better of it. My Daughter had a burger in the Mexican and this was the size of a meat ball (see photo) with a big bun.

Entertainment was rubbish and the poor staff do try hard. Holly and Joff are great very good with the kids but for the money paid for this Holiday i think first choice need to employ proper entertainment staff (butlins entertainment is more professional). Kids wavelenth staff are great my kids had a lovely time, rope climbing in day and night, Archery, Wet and wild etc etc kept them really entertained.

All in all we had a nice holiday but would not class this as a 4star, the Holiday village in Algarve is so much nicer and a standard room there is far better than a deluxe here.

At bar you can only get 2 drinks person as well.

fwil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

We were a bit apprehensive before we arrived but were impressed on arrival. We had a juniour suite in the fishing village which was modern and spotless. We had a big bed in living room area and our 11yr old and 13yr old had twin beds in bedroom. The food was okay, not brilliant. The Mexican was okay but the Greek restaurant was very good, went there twice. We went out for a few meals, The Rib Shack along the road very good and Chloes, a Chinese by the harbour was excellent. The water park at Limassol was recommended as more for older kids, about an hour on the minibus, we had a great day there, so worth the journey.
Our kids liked the place and met lots of friends which made it a very relaxing holiday for us all. The staff were great, especially Joff who was very funny.
I would also recommend booking spa treatments when the girl goes round the pool as I got a massage for half price.
Overall, great place.

Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

After travelling with our son when he was 6 months and not getting much of a holiday, we chose the Aliathon because of the UK trained childcare and kids facitlites... Prior to having our son this place would have been avoided at all costs however I am pleased to say we were pleasently surprised.

We stayed for two weeks All inclusive in a deluxe studio in the fishing village. The room was spacious and had the luxury of staying at at a hotel (rooms cleaned daily, well furnished, excellent facilitiles) but the convenince of a small kitchen (fridge and microwave)... Very useful with a small child...

This was the first time we travelled All Inclusive, and I have to admit I am a very fussy eater and I did struggle... I was geninuely surprised (very naively) that all three meals were buffett. Some days I really did struggle to find something to eat and ended up with just bread or chips. The fruit selection was limited (apples, pears and sometimes oranges...) and the vegetables appeared to be frozen ones... My son also had spaghetti bolognaise every day for two weeks - tried to avoid the everything with chips for him, so choice was limited. We ate at the two al la carte restaurants, the mexican was ok, nothing special but nice to sit down and get your food served to you... the greek was a little better but I was disappointed that we couldn't order off the main restaurant menu and pay a supplement for a meal not included on the AI menu. I was told I would need to pay full price (-the 10% you get off for eating in an Aliathon Village restaurant). In the end we did eat out a number of times just so I did eat a decent meal every couple of days. (Would highly recommend the Rib Shack - a short walk from the hotel towards Paphos).

The Creche facilitles were very good. One of the main reasons we chose this hotel was that they had UK trained child carers. Travelling with a 18 month old we wanted to give him a break from us and us and a break from him. A few hours playing in the air con with toys whilst we read a book and recharged our batteries made our holiday more enjoyable. The staff were friendly and accomodating. A session was 1hr 1/2 but you could double up and leave them in there for 3 hrs maximum. We also tried the evening creche - which I never thought I would - but as it was not a babysitter in our room and we dropped him off with other children we were happy he was been well looked after. They also provided a mobile phone to contact you on and you weren't allowed to go far!!!

The splash park was fanstastic.... sun beds plenty (on most days).... Entertainment a giggle (first time we have been anywhere with entertainment!).... and I can't praise the first choice staff enough for trying to make our holiday as enjoyable as possible (but not in an intrusive way). We would defintely go back - although maybe not all inclusive....

Hints and tips:
* Book your spa treatment around the pool.... You get a bigger discount??!! Much to my disgust having walked into the spa and booked it directly with them.
* Be aware that you have to pay for a safety deposit box (€3 a day!) - quite costly when you are there for two weeks and used to not paying!
* You can get late check out (6pm) for €40 but you need to make this request as soon as you arrive - you only find out if you can the day before your depature.
* Mineral water is not included in AI. We brought a large bottle and a couple fo small bottles and filled these up daily and left them in the fridge. You can't take your AI drinks back to your room.
* If you go AI it finishes at 12pm on the day you check out.... although wrist bands weren't taken off us....

Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

We arrived at Aliathon Holiday Village at night time. The service at reception was very quick and efficient. We were taken to our apartment which was a standard apartment in the Aegean Village, I was worried because of previous reviews i'd read about the apartments in the Aegean Village being shabby and full of ants. Well let me tell you different. The apartment was very clean and spacious with just the odd ant, only like you get at home and the bedding and towels were changed everyday. It wasn't shabby at all. Infact we preferred the Aegean Village to the Fishing Village as it had more charactor. We spent more time round the pool near our apartment as it was quieter than the fishing village. The children liked to go to the splash pool in the fishing village.
The food was excellent with a good choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The buses are very easy to get just outside the hotel and are quit regular. Coral Bay beach is well worth a visit which takes about half an hour on the bus.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 10 day holiday at the Aliathon and would definately go back.

Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

We stayed at the Aliathon Holiday Village for 1 week in June (booked the 1 bedroom Deluxe, Fishing Village, room 1209). Arrived at midnight and was greeted with a friendly and speedy check in. Golf buggied to our appointment. First impression of our hotel room was fab - really spacious and COOL. Had 2 cockroaches in room when we turned light on. (kids thought it was hiliarous watching their dad doing a dance trying to squash them, while I jumped up on a chair lol) SCARY! but reported it the next day and cleaner sprayed room and I filled hole by door with toilet paper and never saw one again. Only thing I would like to suggest is that they could have put some bottled water in fridge for late arrivals. Apart from this, everything else was perfect. I was amazed that we never had to get up really early to put towels on loungers like you have to do at so many other places. We went on 14.06.09 and talking to staff they said the complex was only 70/80% full, this was fab, hence plenty of loungers and not many in pool.

Food was bloomy lovely - I don't know how anyone can complain about the food in any other reviews, they must be extremely fussy that's all I can say.

Cleanliness of the whole complex was A1 - everything looked so pretty and well kept.

Went to Harbour one evening, that was pretty with plenty of bars, resturants, shops etc. only 20/30min walk or 8 euros in taxi. Really nice to walk it thou (all on the flat).

Waterpark is really great too. 10 min walk away. It wasn't huge but that's why I liked it so much because you didn't get too tired walking round it all day with kids. Hardly any queues which was brill. Had a really great day out there (pricey, but everything is in Cyprus).

Entertainment crew were really good, we found Geoff really funny, oh & Paul ha ha ha.

They had a Robbie tribute one night - wow he was really good, sounded so much like him that if you closed your eyes you'd swear it was him, saying that mind he looked pretty much like him too.

I would defo recommend this holiday complex to my friends and anyone else reading this review. I'd give it 9/10!!

GO ON - YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Altrincham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Myself, husband and children, 2 boys aged 11 and 6, arrived at the Aliathon on the 5th July for 1 week. The transfer was very quick and the check in was super speedy too. The buggy took us and our luggage to our kids suite apartment in the fishing village. We were incredibly happy to find the huge 1 bed apartment with playstation etc. Also the
cheese and crackers awaiting us in the fridge was a nice surprise.
The entertainment staff were wonderful, they remembered everyones names which was incredible as there were so many people coming and going. My 6 year old took a liking to Joff especially (nutty as a fruit cake). The evening entertainment was fantastic. We have been to places with pretty dire entertainment but we were more than happy with each evenings events, just a shame we never won the bingo! The only criticism I would make is that the kids clubs at night are split by quite a distance. We had to go to the other side of the fishing village to sign my 6 year old in the kids club for his age group at 9pm and at the same time sign my 11 year old in the group for his age which was based at the entertainment room quite some distance away. Which meant my husband and I splitting up to drop them off and pick them up. It would be better if they could have been closer but it wasn't a huge problem really.
There were a massive choice of drinks available on the all inclusive including baileys and tia maria (Cyprus version but you wouldnt know). The kids made lots of friends and had a great time which in turn made it so much easier for us to relax and chill while they were using lots of energy in the scorching heat in the pools and joining in the activities. We will definitely be going back at some time (just out of season as I think there will be a lack of sunbeds and big queues in the peak of holidays).
We met some wonderful people and some wonderful first choice team and fab hotel staff. Definitely go and find out for yourself if you can.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Aliathon Holiday Village? Share your experiences!