Stayed for 3 nights in a room with a sunset view. I had previously stayed for 1 night 4 years ago. The hotel does offer a relaxing stay in a lovely location overlooking Coral Bay on both sides of the hotel. Breakfast was nice with a good selection of hot and cold food. The pool area is nice and the beach is just 2 mins away. The rooms too are nice and as what you would expect from a good hotel.
However, what spoilt things was the hotel unable to enforce their policy on no guests under 12 being allowed. On the hotels website under FAQ’s the following is written:
Do you accept children?
Thalassa Boutique Hotel & Spa is pleased to welcome guests of age 12 and above only.
Clearly this rule does not apply to Russians. During our stay there was a Russian family with 1 child who was clearly under 12. From looking at previous posts this is a regular issue with the hotel allowing under 12’s, as there have been previous complaints on Tripadvisor about the same issues. This was the same Russian family who were given personal attention at breakfast, so I presume they are clearly important to be allowed children at the hotel. I specifically choose the Thalassa as it is a Spa hotel and no children are allowed, I do not know why the hotel management are incapable of upholding their own policies. There are so many other hotels in Coral Bay that welcome children such as the Coral Bay next door. On checkout I did raise this with reception who could not give me any explanation and I also asked if this Russian family with the children were the owners or important that they feel they could break the rules. I was told they were not, so cannot understand why the hotel allowed them to have children with them. After all, this is not just a one off event, as other guests have complained about it in the past. I left a comment card asking that the general manager contact me with an explanation. After 1 week I have not heard anything back which is poor. This situation is not really good enough for a 5 star hotel, regardless of whether you are English or Russian no children means no children. 5 years ago I asked if I could bring my child to the hotel and was firmly told no. Clearly this is not the case anymore.
Overall, the hotel itself is nice but I would not return again unless I knew the hotel was upholding their policy on children. I await an explanation from the general manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel & Spa. A definitive landmark among Europe’s finest Hotels and a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the world, Thalassa is distinguished as the ultimate destination for an intimate, luxurious escape immersed in relaxation and rejuvenation. Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. The Sunset Lounge: Enjoy light fare, or traditional afternoon tea amid the splendor of a lovely sitting room atmosphere in our Sunset Lounge. Gaze past the balcony doors and enjoy the sun setting over the colorful horizon. Accommodation: All guests are pampered and offered personalized service from attentive staff in beautifully designed elegant accommodations, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. The deluxe one-bedroom suite goes as far as to offer his & hers bathrooms with his & hers exclusive amenities. Anagenisis Spa (Salus per Aquam – Healing Through Water): Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coral Thalassa Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos