last minute booking for' a bit of sun' before Christmas! But , alas, the sun was reluctant to come out. We landed just as a tremendous thunderstorm hit the island, and I can more or less say we had rain at some time each night for the rest of the week. But we did not get wet during the day, just a little chilly at times. We still had a good time and the hotel was all we hoped it would be. We had a 1 bedroomed apartment with seaview. Marvellous to watch the storms out at sea. We did have one good sunset.
Rooms_-excellently appointed with everything you could possibly need for self catering. The bedroom did become a little chilly towards end of week due to weather- but nothing can be done about that. We used the air conditioning unit to take the chill from the rooms and these were a little noisy. You could also hear the neighbours units. The rooms were also cleaned on a regular basis. The standard of cleaniless overall was excellent. Definitely worth upgrade to seaview. Plenty of sunbeds!
reception - very friendly and always willing to chat or have a joke. Sitting areas very comfortable, especially liked the sun room.
Facilities and gardens- I found the indoor pool a comfortable temperature and empty. Gardens were beautifully kept full of flowers and foliage which gave off lots of scents. all areas were spotlessly clean.
food - we were b and b and there was more than enough to eat with lots of choice. 3 types of coffee machine available dispensing all types of coffee & chocolate, as well as everything else that has been mentioned before. We ate in the restaurant the first night because of the weather. It was grill night and there was a variety of food available.
location - for us it was fabulous. A invigorating 30 minute walk into Paphos Old Harbour; 10 minutes the other to th Tombs of the Kings (entry fee= E1.34), restaurants and shops within 5 mins walk; and the bus stop to take you anywhere on the coast and inland for 2 Euros all day pass. Most bus drivers are very helpful.
Had some beautiful food and restaurants had open fires - very welcoming. Portions very hearty!
Loved this place and will definitely go back. Hopefully next time no rain. But we do appreciate that the island was desperate for rain & it certainly added a different aspect to our break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village