Just read the review below - they must have gone to a different hotel. We came back yesterday and found it excellent. The rooms were spacious, clean and well kept. The bathroom was spacious and spotless. We did stay 'bed & breakfast' and found the breakfast was repetitive - however there was so much choice you could have something different everyday and lots of it if you so choose. The food was good quality and the seating service excellent.
We regularly got up 8:30am and always found a sun lounger by the pool - and there were some by the beach empty as well. The beach is virtually on your doorstep. Entertainment was great - especially for the kids with different pool games every day, but you didn't have to take part if you didn't want to. The music played by the pool was some of the best I've heard at a resort. Food and drink by the pool was top class.
Evening entertainment was fair with shows like 'Irish dancing', Abba, fire eating etc - not really my cup of tea but it was free. The locality was excellent with shops, restaurants etc just up the road - I too can recommend San Marino; and Metaxas has the most amusing menu lists I've ever seen and with excellent food and waiter service.
I did find the resort expensive, however I've been told all EU resorts are expensive at this time. I'm surprised this is only a 3 star rated hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village