Arrived at the hotel for a 7 night all-inclusive package only to be told they were 20 people overbooked and no rooms available! great start!! . Front desk manager then abnegated all responsibility to our booking agents. After a lot of arguing we were then allocated a temporary room #2607 at the rear and it was above kitchen exhausts so all we had was sweet and greasy french fry odours. We were then moved to #2412 and all was well so started to relax. After two nights about 20 guests were then moved to the Gardens next door. ( which had been closed for winter). The place was stale and tired from a busy summer season. Room#516 again had sea views but again not what we paid for. After two nights here we were then moved back to #2406, so 4 different rooms in 7 nights!!! Shocking. The food in the hotel was very plain and simple so take your own spicy condiments if this is what you like. Like the other reviewers when the hotel is full be prepared to clear and set your own table for breakfast and evening dinner. Some of the serving staff where friendly but most very depressed as they are from Lithuania, Romania, Ukraine, etc and are packed 6 to a room and complained to us about their treatment. Entertainment staff were annoying and pestering people to play darts, boules, table tennis, etc etc. The entertainment was very amateurish and at best karaoke. Any body seet he Freddy Mercury act with a dodgy moustache?? We left the hotel after 7 nights and did not get the relaxing 5* All-Inclusive holiday we paid for. The hotel tried to appease us by putting some bruised fruit and local 'champagne' in the last room. Too little too late.. I could go on about the place but few things to take away...
1) it is not a 5* hotel
2) call the hotel prior to leaving to ensure you have a room.
3) pay to have a sea view (unless you like french fries)
4) take out holiday insurance and
5) take lots of pictures to substantiate your claim against hotel
- Also Known As:
- Hotel St George
- St George Paphos
- St George Hotel Paphos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St George Hotel Golf & Spa Resort. Enjoy a sun-filled holiday in Cyprus by booking your stay at the comfortable and attractive 4 Star St George Hotel Spa & Golf Resort. The St George Hotel Spa & Golf Beach Resort is superbly situated on 7 acres of land, one third of which are landscaped gardens, bordered by rolling hills on the one side and the Mediterranean Sea on the other. Directly on the beach of Chlorakas, and only 5 minutes from the picturesque harbour of Pafos, this is a great hotel for couples and families with modern facilities and 255 comfortable guestrooms and suites. Guests of the St George Hotel Spa & Golf Beach Resort can discover delightful beaches and explore charming little villages with a variety of restaurants and bars and relax in front of the most beautiful sunsets nature has to offer. For an affordable holiday in Cyprus this hotel makes the grade! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Hotel St. George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.