“King Jason STILL THE King!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The King Jason

You added The King Jason to your Saves list
The King Jason
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Pentadaktylou St | Kato Paphos, Paphos 8103, Cyprus (Formerly Louis King Jason)   |
Special Offer
Free Meal Upgrade!
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Brighton, United Kingdom
“King Jason STILL THE King!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Myself and my family have been coming to the King Jason for more than 20 years, so from that you will quickly glean that we are BIG fans! However, we couldnt get there last year, and so having just spent the half term week there (May 2013), it had been more than two years since our last visit...so I wandered if things would be to the same high standard? I have to say, that they were not! How on earth you make the BEST even BETTER, I do not quite understand, but the KJ has done it yet again and improved...by at least another 30-40%...and it was brillian before! There are hundreds of reviews here that spell out all the great arrtibutes of this amazing holiday destination, so I will not overly repeat the praise again. But i simply MUST say, that Andreaous, Maria, Maria (restaurant) and Dometru, along with every single member of staff, are simply the best at making people like us SO welcome, and to feel so wanted...and all in such a relaxed and easy way, that belies the huge ammount of work and effort that goes in to making it all "work" like clockwork. If you have ANY doubts about booking a holiday at the KJ...my advice will always be..Dont Hesitate! Go to this place and sample Cypriot hospitality at its VERY best!
May I however, on behalf of all the restaurants, bars and shops in Paphos, PLEASE ask that you go out into the town and spend your money with these great people, EVEN IF you are contemplating going "all inclusive"! These are the people who make Paphos what it is, and they NEED OUR HELP, as the current difficult economy,added to the rise and rise of "All inclusive" holidays, are putting many of these great people out of business...and once they are gone....Paphos would never be the same again. You can get great value for money, and learna bout the "real" Cyprus from venturing out into the towns and villages to eat and drink, so PLEASE, PLEASE help the local economy, as well as spending time (and money) with the hotel operators! Have a great time at the KJ....I KNOW you will!!
PS. If you can book into one of the brand new "Studio Suites"...I would highly recomend that you do! Total Luxury!

Room Tip: The new studio suites are just open this year. Some have baths and double beds, others have showers...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear guest,

We must thank you for being loyal to the King Jason and for writing such a wonderful review (it brings us close to tears!).

We are thrilled to hear your compliments about our hotel and it continuous changes, which make it only better year after year; moreover we appreciate your admiration about our amazing King Jason team, who work efficiently together to ensure your holiday being relaxing and memorable.

We hope it was not your last visit to our hotel, and rest assured we are looking into even more ways of upgrading our service in the very near future.

Warm wishes,

The Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the fantastic reviews of the King Jason how could we not take notice and we booked a weeks stay from 24-31st May (half term) with our two boys 10 and 14.
Immediately on arrival at gone 11pm we were met with welcome drinks and shown to the room where sandwiches has been left in the fridge.
The rooms are spacious with a separate bedroom and then lounge for kids where two single sofas made great single beds and also a kitchen area. The decor is basic but who lives in their room in holiday?
The food was buffet style and of a high standard with great choice and different themes each evening. If kids didnt like it they would cook an alternative, nothing was too much trouble. We were half board but I think if we go back would look at all inclusive as it was so good.
The pools are fantastic with a large main pool and more than enough sunbeds even in busy half term but the nicest bit was the hydro pool with jets etc.
And last but not least the staff. Andreas was the best manager I have ever met always accommodating, always friendly, efficient and remembered every little special touch. Maria was also extremely professional but always stopping to chat to us. All the waiting staff, bar staff and reception were also extremely helpful, friendly and polite.
I can't recommend this hotel enough and we've been to some much more expensive ones. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the King Jason.

We are proud of your claims that our hotel lived up to its #1 status on TripAdvisor; moreover we are glad that you found our apartments spacious and very comfortable for families with children. It is a delight that our varied buffet did not leave you indifferent, and our chefs did their best to satisfy the appetites of your children. It is nice of you to note our modern and comfortable pool area and our helpful, friendly and attentive staff.

We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you again to the King Jason.

Yours truly,

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

have never read so many positive reviews when looking to book a hotel but having read the positive reviews about the king Jason I had to book this hotel and all I can say is it did not disappoint!!!!!

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the King Jason with my boyfriend and it was absolutely fantastic. I have never stayed at a hotel that I could not fault!!! Everything from the service of staff, standard of accommodation and quality of the food was 10/10 (I'm quite hard to please too!!)

I knew it would not disappoint from the moment I got in the taxi!!! The taxi driver taking us to the hotel from the airport, said that he often takes/picks people up from the king Jason and he had never once heard a negative comment about the hotel.

When we arrived at about 10 pm we were greeted at Reception and offered a welcome drink and then we were shown to our room and bags carried for us. We had missed dinner and so they had left a plate of sandwiches in the fridge for us.

The room we had book was a standard apartment and this was amazing. We were placed in the new block, which had just been built, as they had made renovations and extended the hotel earlier this year. It was spacious with super king bed, a small kitchen area with coffee maker hob and microwave, fridge and crockery etc. It was decorated very tastefully and the towels etc were changed everyday. Also beach towels were provided in the room. The room was 10/10.

We were half board and I wish now I had gone all inclusive for the additional 100 euros PP as the food and service was amazing 10/10. I am quite fussy with my food and normally like to go self catering when on holiday as I like to try local cuisine, wines and do not normally like the food at all inclusive's as it is very geared towards English tourists i.e. burgers, chips, etc., however there was definitely something for everyone here. Each night there was a different theme i.e. Mon- Cyprus Tue- international, wed- Italian, Thu- far east Fri- carvery etc. There was a fresh salad bar every night and the desserts were lovely with lots of fresh fruit also. It was a buffet self service style, however the staff would ensure you always had a drink and were happy with everything. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly and made you feel very welcome.

The breakfast was from 8-10.30, lunch 12.30-2.00 and dinner 6.30-8.

The restaurant area was the best I have experienced, with 3 styles of seating. Two indoor areas, one being more fine dining with round tables, decorated to suit with carver style chairs and dim lighting. The other being more modern café style area, and the third area was outside on the terrace overlooking the pool area. We always managed to get sat outside even when it was very busy as the staff would do everything they could to accommodate our preference to sit outside. Again food 10/10.

The pool area was also very nice and tasteful with plenty of sun loungers and very spacious. There were 2 main pools, one being where families tended to sit as the children's little pool was attached to it, and then just round the corner from this pool was a hydro pool which had a Jacuzzi and water features. Adults and couples tended to sit around here. There was also areas of decking set back from the pools with sun loungers and beds on, where mainly adults and couples would sit. As a young couple looking for a relaxing quiet holiday, this was really nice as although it was half term when we stayed and there were some children at the hotel it did not affect us at all.

There was also an indoor pool, sauna and steam room. We didn't use these as the weather was so hot.

I did however use the indoor gym a few times and it was the best equipped gym I have seen or used abroad, with a variety of weight machines, treadmill, bike and rower.

The hotel is not on the front of Paphos, so no sea views but this made no difference to us. It was about 15 minute walk down to the front where all the bars, restaurants are and approx 20-25 minute walk to the harbour. We walked down the front most days and found it very easy walk.

As a couple both 27, we were looking for a hotel that had good food, good standard of accommodation and somewhere fairly relaxing and quiet. It does not have any cheap and cheerful entertainment like some hotels have which I am glad of as I really don't like this and I think makes a hotel seem cheap and a little tacky!!However there is an area with a pool table and table tennis table if kids want to play etc. As we were not all inclusive we had to pay for drinks so tended to walk down into paphos centre or harbour after dinner for a few drinks.
However if we were all inclusive we may have spent some evenings at the hotel as they have a really tasteful seating area with comfy sofas etc. that is perfect for a few quiet drinks after dinner or I would have taken some drinks back to the room as the balcony was really spacious and nice.

Overall I can not fault the King Jason, everything was 10/10 and I would definitely recommend.

I really like Cyprus and Paphos but as its in the Euro now it can be expensive if your eating out 3 times a day and like a few drinks, so the King Jason is fantastic value for money, as the quality and amount of food on offer is worth much more than you actually pay!!!.

I would not necessarily visit Paphos again as I like to visit new countries, areas when I go on holiday, however due to the fantastic experience at this hotel I will definitely be visiting again!!!

Final note- Andreas (Manager) is fantastic and can not do enough to keep his guests satisfied. Fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We want to express our gratitude at your choice of the King Jason for your holiday.

We are thrilled to hear that our hotel lived up to its wonderful comments on the Internet, and you departed satisfied with an amazing holiday spent at our little oasis of relaxation and peace. We are glad that our warm welcome was a great start to your holiday, and from the first moment you were impressed with our hospitality and our attentive service; moreover we are proud of our staff who made your stay memorable. It is a delight that our varied buffet satisfied such a fussy eater like you, and you were amazed with the selection and quality of dishes. It is nice of you to note our modern design of the dining area, and our various indoor and outdoor facilities, that you had a chance to enjoy.

It fills us with joy that as an exception you will revisit the King Jason, and it will be an honor for us to welcome you again to our hotel.

Faithfully yours,

Walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed at the Louis King Jason from 22nd -29th May 2013. From the minute we entered the hotel we knew this place was special. We were greeted with fresh juice and smiles all round, bearing in mind it was 11pm and we were all tired after a very long day. We were told to look in the fridge when we got to our room and there four plates of freshly made sandwiches and salad. We travelled with two children aged 18 and 10. We had a one bedroom apartment (83), this was lovely and spacious and very quiet.

Entering the dining room on the first morning was a like a breath of fresh air - we were greeted by Andreas (General Manager) and Maria. They are the perfect hosts, nothing is too much trouble! Andres even found a bar that my husband could go and watch the Monaco Grand Prix in :) The food was exceptional, even the girls tried everything and liked most things, there was something for every taste and the best thing - no chips or burgers in sight. Lots of fresh salads, meat dishes and fantastic desserts! Tables were well spaced and you could take as long as you wanted over meals. As you emptied your glass it was refilled, waiters were always smiling and polite.

The swimming pools are lovely, we spent most of our time around the hydro contact pool, which was quieter. They are spotlessly clean and well maintained. Always plenty of sunbeds with umbrellas so never a race to get out early in the morning with towels. Pool towels are provided and they also come around with ice cold face cloths and iced drinks - much appreciated in the heat.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if it wasn't for the fact we have booked our Summer holiday already, we would definitely be going back this year, unfortunately we may have to wait until next year :(
Thank you to all the staff at the Louis King Jason for a wonderful week, Rebecca didn't want to leave (had to take photographs of Andreas and Maria!).
From the 'birthday girl' and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Many thanks for choosing the King Jason while holidaying in Cyprus.

We are pleased to hear that our warm welcome with refreshments was a push to the start of a great holiday. It is also a joy that our apartment suited you, that you liked our pool area and especially enjoyed our hydro pool. We are thrilled to read your compliments about our varied buffet for all tastes, where you especially indulged in our desserts, and about our staff, who made you feel very well taken care of. It is nice of you to note the cleanliness and maintenance of our grounds, and our complimentary pool service.

It is heart-warming to hear that you had a wonderful time at the King Jason, and will return in the nearest future. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Yours faithfully,

Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having never been to Cyprus before, I spent lots of time checking and double checking the best place to stay...the King Jason came out on top every time I checked...it has lived up to its reputation...and some!

Everything you read on Trip Advisor is absolutely true...from Andreas (an absolute asset to the King Jason) and Maria (lovely, lovely lady) through to the waiting staff and bar staff. Each and every member of staff at the King Jason takes the time to speak to you and makes you feel extremely welcome. They really are there to ensure your holiday is as enjoyable as it possibly can be. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them, whether it be asking for a different meal (my two boys loved their spag bol, which they were more than happy to make if there was nothing on the menu they liked), or, asking, as we did, if we could keep our room for a bit longer on our departure day. They really do go the extra mile!

The hotel is spotlessly clean...everywhere. I have never witnessed a guest spilling food and its caught and cleared up before its even hit the floor! The rooms are a great size, with safe, iron, ironing board and all the usual bits like kettle, fridge etc. The food is plentiful, cooked to a very high standard and with a good variety. There is a lovely bar/lounge area, just right for relaxing after yet another wonderful meal. The pool area is spotless and there was never any problem getting a sunbed, more than enough to go around.

Paphos Harbour is about 15 mins walk, which we did many times. The harbour is beautiful and is lovely to just sit on one of the many benches, watching the world go by, as well as having many shops and restaurants. There are also a couple of small beaches by the harbour, or, a short bus ride away, Coral Beach, which was nice. The old town has a market on each day (apart from Sunday). We walked to it (about 3km each way), but there is a bus service that takes you there too. Its certainly worth a visit.

The hotel is home to a variety of cats, all of which were just gorgeous and loved being fussed (only if you wanted to though).

All in all, it was one of the best holidays we have had.

Andreas, Maria and staff...you are all such lovely people, who really do care about your customers. It was our pleasure to stay in your hotel and we will not hesitate in recommending the King Jason.

Thank you to you all for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Dear guest,

We are grateful to receive your valuable feedback about a stay at the King Jason.

We are thrilled to hear that our hotel lived up to its #1 status on TripAdvisor, and you were impressed with our attentive and thoughtful staff, who made you feel very welcome and ensured your holiday was as enjoyable as possible. We appreciate your admiration of our chefs, who amazed you with their varied delicacies and were doing their best to satisfy the appetite of your children. We are delighted that you found our room spacious, well equipped and spotless, and our pool area beautiful and relaxing.

We appreciate your recommendation, and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again to the King Jason.

Best regards,

Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

5 of us stayed in 2 of the one bedroom apartments in April over looking the pool we were attending a wedding at a near by hotel. From the second we got there to the minute we left we were treated like family .Andreas was always there for a chat and checking all was fine with our holiday.We needed button holes for the wedding and asked Maria for help ,she arranged with a friend for flowers that matched with the dresses and also stored them in the fridge to keep them fresh on the day. A big thank you Maria.On the day of the wedding the groom's mother had a problem with ironing her dress on the small ironing board ,again within seconds of asking a full size ironing board was delivered to the room ,problem gone. This is a special place because of Andreas ,Maria and all the staff making it so good .We will be back !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at The King Jason, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for writing several lines following your stay at the King Jason.

We are thrilled to hear that you felt well taken care of from the first moment until your departure, and our attentive and helpful staff did their best to satisfy your every requests.

We look forward to seeing you very soon at the King Jason.

Yours faithfully,

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We would like to thank Andreas and his team for a fabulous holiday experience. All the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. They could not do enough for us. We stayed from 15th May 2013 to 22nd May 2013, Room 75! Our Appartment was very clean, spacious and tidy. The pigeons were a bit of a nuisance especially at 6.30 a.m but hey :)

Food was excellent. Being vegetarians we were a bit sceptical about the food but Maria and her staff were very accomodating. If there was nothing for us to eat the Chefs good us something we wanted. Menu was varied and breakfast was awesome.

We would certainly recommend this hotel.

Although looking very tired from the outside this hotel is a little gem. We will be returning. So Andreas remember Room 75, No Ice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

A big thank you for choosing the King Jason and for posting such a nice review.

We are proud of our staff who made you feel very welcome and your visit to Cyprus a fabulous holiday experience. We are glad that you liked our apartment and found it spotless; and moreover that our varied buffet indulged your appetite. We appreciate your mention, that our chefs were flexible in satisfying your vegetarian demands, and rest assured that the name of the game at our hotel is 'personalization'.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon to the King Jason.

Yours sincerely,

The Management."

Been to The King Jason? Share your experiences!