I read all the reviews of this hotel before booking and was very excited. What I'm about to write is my own view and I need to be honest - other's view will differ, that's ok. I had a great time for three reasons only: my husband, the sun and a few beers. Take that combination away and I would have wept. I mean no offence to anyone but this hotel sucks. I spent a significant amount of money and feel robbed. Why? For the following reasons:
The room: small, pokey and so old fashioned and worst of all? Sticky carpet. The balcony was tiny, with cheap nasty plastic furniture. The hairdryer was fitted to an inside drawer and couldn't do its job and it took us ages to find drawers to put clothes in. We went all inclusive but the fridge is not refilled as part of the package. The room looked as if it was last redecorated in 1960. Our bed had a hard lump down the centre - mattress was old and clearly had never been turned so we both rolled to opposites of the bed. Horrible.
Food: they have all inclusive, then they have "ultra" all inclusive. You pay £800+ for the basic, then they want the same again to be ultra- the difference? Ultra allows you to eat anywhere. A con. Food was OK, buffet often cold and very 'samey'- no traditional food ever served! Restaurants were OK, but very limited choice and we always felt rushed to eat.
Sunloungers: hotel says there is enough so don't reserve. 6am EVERY morning we watched a steady flow of Brits reserve their place! By 8am you were left with loungers under the tree or exposed to full on sun.
The pool: looks big in pictures on Thomson website, but is tiny and got very overcrowded. People "pashing" and dry (wet) humping whilst in there. Very off putting. I'm not a prude but I don't particularly relish seeing men's shirts 'tented' as they exited the water.
Entertainment: just don't! Painful, repetitive, out of tune, mind numbingly awful. We went to bed. We're not crazy young but this hotel felt old, tired and uncared for and the entertainment supported that.
Exclusivity: this hotel has so many layers of privilege- Thomson don't tell that on their website! The divide between 'black' card holders (apparently) the best rooms etc and the rest of "us" - what's that about? This hotel was damn expensive without the hidden layers of privileges!
Cost: the prices are extortionate. Do not consider this hotel unless you have money to burn. Even all inclusive meant we had to be careful - by the way, always ask for the wine list, there are several wines included in the AI deal- they just don't tell you and are keen to foist house wine on you instead.
Ages: I'm not ageist, but this hotel seems to have many returning guests. I felt a clear age divide, it was definitely adults only -for the over 65+ generation. I felt out of place. There seemed to be no atmosphere other than of quiet contemplation. I'm not ready for that yet.
The Good: staff were amazing (all except rude, pushy, sulky flambe night guy)
I know people have loved this hotel. I just couldn't. Your money will get you so much more elsewhere. Overall? The hotel met none of my expectations for the money we spent and we won't return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult –focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as facial and body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus