Check in was welcoming though a little more information would have been welcome.
We stayed in room 013 which was on the ground floor with a "mountain view". Couldn't see any mountains but it was nice and quiet. Every night at just after 11 we were treated to a firework display from the nearby Phaethon hotel - which we watched from the balcony.
Room was very well equipped if a little on the small side and a bit tired in places (carpet and wood panelling). However, a perfectly adequate room with effective air conditioning available all the time.
Food was excellent. Choice was impressive in the main restaurant. We didn't bother doing any a la carte dining in the other restaurants as the quality and choice was so good. Same applied to breakfast. Courteous greeting for every meal and we were always shown to a nice table.
The only thing at diner which put us off - was the member of staff trying to sell a "special romantic dinner" to couples. His sales technique was pushy and inappropriate for a hotel for the "discerning guest". We thought this was not in keeping with the high standards shown everywhere else in the hotel and it would have been better to have a table with a presentation offering this option rather than a pushy sales pitch while you ate.
All the general areas of the hotel were excellent - this was one good looking and very photogenic hotel. A lot of effort and care clearly went in to the running of this hotel at every level.
What was also nice to see was the high visibility of the management of the hotel. This was both reassuring and gave the impression that these managers were "hands on" and anxious to maintain the high standards of the hotel - well done.
The pool and outdoor areas were excellent - though be warned - even when my wife got up at 7.15 to put towels on a couple of sun loungers on the grassed area, a significant number of them had already been "reserved".
The staff worked very hard - I couldn't help but feel for the "pool girls" who were up and down all day long taking drinks orders in 30 degree heat.
The Thomson reps were helpful when you needed them but not in your face. No pushiness at all which was refreshing and appropriate for this laid back hotel.
Paphos harbour was a 45 minute walk along a path in front of all the other hotels. It was a nice walk but very hot and there is not a lot to do in Paphos harbour itself. Visit the mosaics at the house of Dionysius and have a quick look in the castle (only took about 10 mins). We took a bus to the harbour on another day - to the very efficient bus station(transport was frequent and excellent) on the 611 and then changed on to the bus for Paphos town itself. A tip here - don't bother. The town had no discernable centre and seemed a series of rambling and rather run down streets - though the municipal market was ok if you were looking for some souvenir tat.
We also went on the "undersea walkers" trip to Coral Bay. Picked up from the hotel - I have reviewed this separately but it was well worth it.
All in all an excellent holiday in a beautiful hotel which I would strongly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult –focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel’s Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as facial and body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel’s Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus