“All Praise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Louis Phaethon Beach

You added Louis Phaethon Beach to your Saves list
Louis Phaethon Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   22 Theos Aphrodite Avenue, Geroskipou | PO Box 61017, Paphos 8130, Cyprus   |
Ranked #22 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“All Praise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned home after a 7 day break at this hotel and I have nothing but praise for everything from the food to the staff and the animation team everything was fantastic.
Its the second trip to this Hotel this year and I can highly recommend it the bedrooms are not luxurious but are adequate, clean good air con great showers what more do you need from a room.
The food well what can I say if you can't find anything to eat at this hotel then you must be a fussy eater there is something for everyone at every mealtime and its always excellent.
The pools are well kept and clean plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas.
The animation team work tierlessly to keep Adults and children entertained day and night.
If your looking for a great holiday with great food clean rooms and great entertainment then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear repeat guest,

We want to thank you for few lines about your stay with us at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We are delighted to hear that you had another amazing holiday with us and that you found our staff and animation team to be so fantastic. We are thrilled to hear that you indulged in our cuisine and that you found your room to be exactly what you needed. Moreover, we are pleased to read that you found the pool areas well kept and that you were always able to find a sun bed.

We hope that we will welcome you back at Louis Phaethon Beach next year again.

Warm wishes,

The Mnagement.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (775)
  • Polish first
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

OK, there are lots of very positive reviews about this hotel on Tripadvisor, but I can only imagine they come from people who have never stayed at a real 4* hotel - which this is absolutely not. I saw a review from someone who said they left after only a few minutes, and I can actually understand that. We did actually think about leaving after the first night, but stuck it out and kind of got used to it.

We booked based upon the reviews here, and having now returned I can safely say most of the reviews feel very biased. I am going to try and give you a balanced view of 10 things about this hotel; the good, the bad and the downright disgraceful! I'll take each element in turn.

1. The Tour Operator
I know this is nothing to do with the hotel, but they had a big influence on our stay. We booked through Thompson, who I will never use again. Firstly, they call this a 4* hotel - I will elaborate later as to why it is not. Secondly, they state in their brochure that a standard room sleeps 4 people and a "family" room is available for an extra charge. We paid the extra expecting more space in the room and, guess what, we got a room that sleeps 4 people. Exactly the same as we would have got without paying the surcharge. Thompson accept the the room is no bigger, but because the contractual small print says a family room also sleeps 4 people, they are technically allowed to charge more for it. We also paid extra for a sea view, and got a car park view where we could also see the sea. The best rooms are at the rear of the hotel and have both a pool and sea view - these should be the premium rooms. I would advise not to use Thompson as they are totally untrustworthy.

2. The Rooms
I guess the rooms are functional and reasonably well equipped, but they are very small and the bathroom is tiny. I believe the hotel has been recently refurbished, and this shows in some areas but in others it's awful - paint work is poor, the rot on the bathroom door had simply been painted over (photo attached), the main door into the hotel room didn't fit properly (photo attached) and couldn't be closed without being slammed. The paintwork in the corridors was also really poor (photo attached) - this would not happen in a true 4* hotel. The balconies are also tiny. On the upside, the maids cleaned the room every day and did a great job and were always very polite and friendly.

3. The "Beach"
Let's get this absolutely clear - this is NOT a beach hotel. The "beach" (photo attached) is basically 6ft strip of sand which has been artificially created. To get into the sea from "the beach" you literally have to climb down rocks or down a small set of steps. The real beach is about a 10 minute walk away and is pretty poor. Very disappointing.

4. The Outside Space
The pool areas and the outside space at this hotel are absolutely fantastic. There are 4 pools - the main pool where inflatables are allowed and the entertainment team do their stuff. There is also a second large pool, where no inflatables are allowed and this is effectively an adults pool. The kids pool has small water slides and fountains and is great area for the kids to play safely. Finally, the water slides which are a fantastic facility - although there is a minimum height restriction of 1.2m so some kids were very disappointed as they weren't allowed on.

5. The Lifeguards
These are the real heros of the hotel. There were 5-6 on duty every day, and rotated pool by pool every 30 minutes or so. I've read reports of them being too strict but, to be honest, they have to be as so many parents let their kids run riot without supervision. The lifeguards often had to do the job of parents when kids got unruly. However, they were also very good when you needed them. One day I thought I'd lost my wedding ring in the pool at the bottom of the large water slides. One of the lifeguards immediately shut the slides down and dived in to find my ring. These guys don't get enough credit.

6. The drinks
The lager is Keo and supply is plentiful on draught and in bottles. You can just help yourself during the day, which is great. The wine....awful, just truly awful, Nothing else to say really. The most bizarre thing was the spirits and cocktails - the bar staff had been clearly to told to keep spirits to a minimum in cocktails and things like gin & tonic. At best you got a single measure and I was firmly told "no" when I asked for more. However, if I asked for a gin & tonic and a straight gin in a separate glass I was given my G&T and a half pint glass which was half full of gin - absolutely bizarre!

7. The food
Most people give good reviews for the food and I would find it difficult to argue that the food is well cooked - however, it was a bit too English for my liking with very few Cypriot specialities. On out first night it was pie and mash night....say no more!

8. The restaurants
There are three areas to get food, although only one is open on an evening. The snack bar during the day is fine, serving late breakfast and decent snacks during the day. The chinese food was also good, but the choice didn't change throughout our two weeks stay. The main restaurant has both an inside and outside area. The main inside area has a real school canteen feel with hundreds of people all buzzing around around in different directions - all very frustrating and very noisy! The restaurant is another reason why this hotel is not 4* - it's not the food, but the fact that the food dropped onto the floor was never cleared up until the end of the evening. The result - millions of ants both inside and outside. Yes, I know this is a foreign country and you have to accept insects, but the hotel should have been constantly clearing up dropped food to prevent this. We and numerous other families had to move tables several times to avoid ant infestations.

9. The entertainment
During the day, just about acceptable. On an evening, an absolute disgrace and I'd go as far to say a that this spoiled our holiday. The evening entertainment took place in a downstairs 'cabaret lounge', and, if you are a fan of being dragged on stage against your will and made to look ridiculous, then this is the hotel for you. On our first night, one teenage girl who had just arrived was thrown fully clothed into the pool for apparently not doing the Mexican wave properly. The fact that there was a Mexican even going on, should tell you about the type of entertainment that goes on - it will appeal to a certain demographic! We heard several stories of the entertainment team throwing guests into the pool, with no regard to what electronic equipment they may have had on their person. We also witnessed a kids entertainer with a false naked backside on show (very confusing for the younger kids), and the bingo caller for the night being 'shot down' on stage. The whole thing was just very inappropriate and very Pontins! After 30 mins on our first night, we decided this wasn't for us and ended up taking our 7 year old to the park every night, where a growing group of shocked parents gathered every night once the entertainment began. This really wasn't particularly relaxing. We tried the inside lobby bar once on an evening, but it was very bright and clinical with little for the kids to do.

10. Aeroplane noise
Again I've seen people write reviews on here that say aeroplane noise isn't a problem. Absolute nonsense - the hotel is on a direct flight path to the airport which is a short distance away and planes fly over at very low altitude (photo attached) regularly during the day and until probably about 1am in the morning.

All in all, I guess this is a decent hotel IF you are used to the usual smaller Greek/Cypriot hotels but it is no better than 3* - although I'd give 4 stars for the outside space. The place will definitely appeal to a certain demographic - if you've ever seen the UK sitcom Benidorm, you'll know what to expect! I've done really well not to use the word chav in this review! Would I return? Absolutely not! Would I recommend it to others? If you know what you're getting into and want something cheap and cheerful, then maybe. If you want a standard European 4* hotel - no way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We do not agree with your assessment at all, in the same way that many of the reviews on this website won't either. Nevertheless your opinion is respected and we appreciate you having the courage to publicize your version of events. Overall it seems that our hotel was nowhere near being suited to your needs and please allow us to suggest some of our smaller properties in case you holiday with Louis Hotels in the future. We have several hotels which would suit your profile, like Louis Imperial, Louis Ledra, Louis Zante and Louis Corcyra.

Despite your obvious disappointment, we hope that you will give Louis Hotels another chance to prove why we are so well respected on this website. Should this be the case rest assured that we will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Regards,

The Management
Cradley Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My first visit was in 2012 for my daughters wedding and I must say it was just perfect. The staff could not do enough for you. On the day of the wedding all went to plan and we all had a fantastic day. The staff are helpfully and very friendly . The hotel is very clean and well organised, all speaking English which is a great help when you have some one who is ill in your party. My mom was a very sick lady we found out while on holiday but nothing was too much trouble, she was looked after well by both hotel staff and the local medical centre. There was a party of 15 of us on holiday all staying in this hotel and when dining at night if we wanted to sit together tables were found.the food was fab I have never had food so good before when on all inc holidays. There was so much choice very good quality and hot. The restaurant was clean tidy plenty of staff to serve and clear away. You never saw a dirty table at any time. The pools around the ground was well staffed and keep clean. I was so impressed with this hotel we revisited in July 2013 for a week and found just the same standards. Looking to return for our main holidays next September 2014.

Room Tip: High floor if no child sea view if possible. But there was no bad room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear repeat guest,

Thank you for visiting the Louis Phaethon Beach and for sharing your thoughts with the online

community.

We are glad to read that you had a perfect first holiday with us, with our staff being friendly and helpful

and always there for you. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our cuisine and drinks and that

our pools and grounds were well staffed and clean.

We hope that we will welcome you back at Louis Phaethon Beach next year again.

Best regards,

The Mnagement.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We have just returned from the Louis Phaethon and it was great the staff were really friendly and helpfull .The hotel was very clean and tidy every where .The location off the hotel is great as it is right by the beach ..

The food was great all day long from breakfast lunch and evening meal including the restaurants at the pool area .

The entertainment team were fantastic they worked so hard {so did all the other staff} there was plenty off activities for every one during the day put on by the entertainment team then in the evening they would put on a great show plus early evening activities for the children.

The bar staff were all great and always coming round and making sure we were ok and seeing if we wonted a drink .

Overall staying at the Louis Phaethon was an experience I would recommend to any one and would say that the pictures on the web site do not do it justice youve got to stay there to find out how good it is .

Room Tip: We had a room over looking the beach it really is a nice view .
Dear guest,

We would to thank you for a few lines about your stay at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We are pleased to read that your holiday was a success and that our staff were all very friendly and

helpful. Moreover, we are thrilled to read that you indulged in our cuisine and found the animation team

to be fantastic, as well as our rooms spotless.

We are already looking forward to your next visit to the Louis Phaethon Beach in 2014.

Warm wishes,

Lichfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Fantastic .. Our daughter had her wedding here it all went really well could not have asked for more from hotel .... Even with other holiday guests there you don't seem to notice them on your wedding day ..it was so relaxing ...great for family's .. Lovely food even after 2 weeks we were still enjoying it ... We went end sep 2012 weather still hot ..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

It is a pleasure to read that everything was perfect and that you enjoyed our cuisine and drinks. We are

also delighted to read that the wedding was beautiful and that you indulged in our cuisine.

We hope to welcome you back at the Louis Phaethon Beach in future.

Kind regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just returned from the Phaethon in Pathos and am missing it already. Every single one of the staff we met from the housekeepers to the animation team were the friendliest people you could wish to meet. Whilst it may be a little unfair to single out individuals I have to say that Bobbi, Anna, Hristina and the hosekeeper that cleaned our room (2030) most days were really great (please let Bobbi and Anna know I never maaged to win my wife whilst playing cards despite Annas "circle of luck" ) The food was always fresh, plentiful, varied and presented well. The animation team worked tirelessly to entertain.

the public areas were bright, modern and cleaned and maintained to an excellent standard the pools were lovely. On our second night we were late for dinner as we thought it finished at ten pm and not nine, but we were welcomed into the restaurant at 9.20. This was typical of the customer service we received throughout our stay.
We would happily return to the Phaethon (and intend to do so)

Room Tip: Rooms 2028 and 2030 have big balconies and a sea view
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Louis Phaethon Beach with the online community.

We are delighted to hear that all of our staff members were very friendly and that you indulged in our

delicious and plentiful cuisine. We are happy to hear that our animation team did a good job and kept

your holiday fun and active.

We are looking forward to see you at Louis Phaethon Beach soon again.

Sincerely yours,

Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have visited alot of places across the globe so my expectatioons tend to be high,this hotel was amazing, the food was plentiful and has lots of choice even for a fussy eater like me,they had a roast joint on every night and the food was very fresh, drinks was brilliant too, most all inclusive hotels I have that I have been to only serve beer wine,whisky,gin and vodka but here they serve everything and they come to you for your order so no queing up.
The thing that makes this hotel amazing is the Entertainment team,they work so hard all day and the shows at night are amazing this is a must see, Katie (The magician) made my holiday a rememorible one her dancing was amazing totally proffessional, we will definatly be returning back to this hotel, it was very clean,lovely beaches all round a supurb holiday :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Louis Phaethon Beach for your holiday.

We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel so amazing that you were able to indulge in our

plentiful cuisine with its numerous options. Moreover, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed all of our

all-inclusive drinks and that you found our animation team to be amazing and very hard working.

We hope to welcome you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach soon again.

Best regards,

The Management.

Been to Louis Phaethon Beach? Share your experiences!