We just come back from here, After two weeks September 2014,They do one thing that no other hotel does, they allocate sunbeds!!!! so from day one its stress-free.
We arrived early evening given a cool drink on arrival, given are room number(338) after filling in forms, taken to our room by porter, the room amazing!! but I was so upset when I opened curtains to find no balcony, we assumed we would have one due to cost of holiday, wasn't worried about what view we had we were not spending that much time in our room anyway, were on holiday! but its nice to sit and have a coffee etc.
Once unpacked we went to reception, the hotel manger listened to what I had to say and he said He would see what he could do. at the Thomson welcoming event we spoke to Julie and again with the manager and within an hour we had been allocated another room (144) the following day. From that day on we enjoyed ourselves. No more tears I am happy to say!!!!!
Food amazing - Location brilliant - Everywhere clean and spotless - towels changed a couple of times a day- beds so comfortable. pools lovely try them all and try all the restaurants.
While your there try "The secret Garden" and "Germmes" across the road from the front of the hotel you will be surprised believe me !!!
I want to say a big thank you to Sophia the room maid who was amazing sadly retiring in October, The main lobby bar staff Eric- Angelina -Makaila who were always ready with a smile and a chat always asked about our day and not forgetting the elderly Gentleman at the sunbed allocated desk always friendly and helpful. The life Guard who always had a smile and a chat with you, to the "All Stars" entertainment team they work extremely hard all day every day and to all the other staff who made our time their special and we will be back next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus