“Sensational !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 96 Hotels in Paphos
uk
“Sensational !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We just come back from here, After two weeks September 2014,They do one thing that no other hotel does, they allocate sunbeds!!!! so from day one its stress-free.
We arrived early evening given a cool drink on arrival, given are room number(338) after filling in forms, taken to our room by porter, the room amazing!! but I was so upset when I opened curtains to find no balcony, we assumed we would have one due to cost of holiday, wasn't worried about what view we had we were not spending that much time in our room anyway, were on holiday! but its nice to sit and have a coffee etc.
Once unpacked we went to reception, the hotel manger listened to what I had to say and he said He would see what he could do. at the Thomson welcoming event we spoke to Julie and again with the manager and within an hour we had been allocated another room (144) the following day. From that day on we enjoyed ourselves. No more tears I am happy to say!!!!!
Food amazing - Location brilliant - Everywhere clean and spotless - towels changed a couple of times a day- beds so comfortable. pools lovely try them all and try all the restaurants.

While your there try "The secret Garden" and "Germmes" across the road from the front of the hotel you will be surprised believe me !!!

I want to say a big thank you to Sophia the room maid who was amazing sadly retiring in October, The main lobby bar staff Eric- Angelina -Makaila who were always ready with a smile and a chat always asked about our day and not forgetting the elderly Gentleman at the sunbed allocated desk always friendly and helpful. The life Guard who always had a smile and a chat with you, to the "All Stars" entertainment team they work extremely hard all day every day and to all the other staff who made our time their special and we will be back next year

Room Tip: DO NOT ASSUME YOU WILL GET A BALCONY when you book , having a balcony is better whatever the view t...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

What a wonderful holiday, our flight was delayed by an hour so by the time we arrived it was close to closing time for the restaurant. We were sent straight to the restaurant and told not to worry about check in , we could do it after dinner. We did not feel we were rushed through dinner and the food was fantastic, as it was every night. After our meal we were given a cool drink while completing the check in. We felt all the staff genuinely wanted to make sure you had a great stay. Loved the sun bed allocation and got 2 beds on the grassy area overlooking the sea. Our room was lovely and kept very clean. A problem with water not draining from the bath/shower was sorted very quickly. Staff in the Alexander bar were great (loved the Cayman Mama cocktails!!) as were staff in all the venues. Can't remember all the names but thanks to George in the bar and Quentin in the restaurants.
As we were on half board we had meals in the Japanese and Italian restaurants as well as the main buffet restaurant. All the meals were delicious but I think my favourite was the Japanese, a wonderful setting outside watching the sunset over Paphos harbour.
For breakfast there was again plenty of choice to suit all tastes.
Entertainment team were full of energy day and night and provided some good entertainment in the evening.
The pool was lovely and kept very clean and the water was warm.
There are only 2 reasons for not giving 5 star rating.
1. Although requested a year in advance we were unable to have late check out.
2. There is not a non-smoking area round the pool/sunbed area or while watching the evening entertainment.
Neither of these spoiled our holiday and we are already looking into going back same time next year.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better view and if possible I would go for full sea view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that we exceeded your holiday expectations and that you found the hotel be to your liking. Also that you liked the sun bed allocation system, the warm welcome on arrival and all of our restaurants.

It always gives me great pleasure to read about the fantastic team of staff I have here at the hotel. I will be personally showing your review to all of the staff especially Quentin and George.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the not too distant future.

scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Alexander the Great for two weeks from 13th July. My daughter was getting married. The hotel is really first rate and the staff cannot do enough to make you welcome. The organisation of the wedding was faultless. We stayed on after the wedding to make a proper holiday of the trip and can only say that it was a good decision. The food is excellent and the service top notch. I would recommend trying the theme restaurants although the main dining room is good too. The only fault and it is a small one is that the sunbeds are crammed a bit close together.Overall a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: get a room on the sea side as the balconies facing the main road dont seem to have a great outlook.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

We are glad to see that your daughter's wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make her day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have just come back from a 2 week stay at this beautiful hotel. This was our fourth visit and it never fails to impress. The staff are lovely and the hotel is perfectly situated close to the harbour and there is a local bus service to the market and Coral Bay which is a must. We only stay B & B and there are lots of local tavernas within walking distance of the hotel. We love this hotel so much that we have already booked another holiday at the Alexander next year.

Room Tip: Rooms with a full sea view are best as it can get noisy if facing the road.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Bookcyprus.com

Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality once again.

Your views about the staff and the location of the hotel are most appreciated.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future for another visit.

Aberdare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

As said in all other reviews if you book this hotel you will have a fantastic holiday. The hotel is perfectly situated close to the harbour (less than 10 min walk). The food is to suit even the fussiest of eaters and the service in all areas is I think what makes this hotel special. But I will warn those of you who intend on booking a side sea view room - don't waste your money. I paid nearly £300 to upgrade and was given a room overlooking a carpark and main road. Could I see the sea? Only if I leant over the balcony and cricked my neck without falling from the balcony. Thomson are not interested once home so please take my advice and don't bother wasting your hard earned money on this type of upgrade. The hotel class this type of room as a side sea view so no support there! All this aside you will have a fabulous holiday.
n.b. Sleep quality poor due to road noise.

Room Tip: Do not choose a side sea view room - it is a waste of money due to the positioning of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about the location of the hotel and the food in the restaurants.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Alexander for 9 nights at the end of August and into September. Lovely hotel, comfortable queen size bed, brilliant food and choice and first class service from everyone from the housemaid to Reception. The main pool was beautifully warm and the sunbeds lovely and comfy. First class view from sunbed over the bay. Entertainment by Warren and his Team was excellent and I was really pleased with how friendly all the staff were. It was my idea of heaven. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a deluxe sea view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the whole team and I really appreciate the comments you have written and that you have returned to stay with us many times as a repeat guest.

Thank you for highlighting the sun bed allocation system and that you approve of the recent refurbishments that took place. Most importantly I am delighted to read that every member of staff made you feel welcome and that our Kanika Allstars entertained you during the day and evening.

From the whole team of staff and myself we look forward to the day when you once more walk through the door and are welcomed by all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

My boyfriend and myself visited ATG in June for 2 weeks and it was one of the best holidays I have ever been on. I love Cyprus and have visited so many times I have lost count! We chose this hotel because we wanted to try a half board option so we were not limited to staying in the hotel. The half board plus is a fantastic idea where you get a bottle of water and a drink each with your evening meal. We had planned to eat out some nights but the variety of food meant we didn't need too! The Japanese restaurant was definately our favourite. The breakfasts were also fantastic with so much choice. I am a very fussy eater and did not have any problems finding food. The rooms are very modern and the beds so comfortable! We didn't want to get out of them but there was so much to do we had too! The sunbed allocation is fantastic and we were very lucky to be able to request beds by the adults only pool which was very relaxing. No early morning get ups to reserve sunbeds! All hotels should have this system. The location the the harbour is fantastic as it is a lovely walk but not too long in the heat! We also got a weekly bus ticket which was very reasonable and there was a stop right outside our hotel. As a young couple we wanted to sample the nightlife and we were very happy with it. A short walk from the hotel is barr street which has loads of clubs and great offers on! Our only disappointment was the entertainment of an evening, it just was not to our taste. We understand it is not a typical young couples hotel so were not expecting too much from it! We didn't mind though as we could always have a drink and then head into the harbour. My boyfriend was also very pleased that they screened the world cup in the bar! It was both our birthdays while we were away and we received a card and a cake off the hotel which was very tasty and much appreciated. Overall it was a fantastic holiday with lots to do close by! We loved it so much and will consider returning in the near future!!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your recent stay.

It is very pleasing to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and felt the need to share this experience with us and other reviewers. We greatly appreciate that you have rated our facilities, service and quality highly.

That you sampled and enjoyed our restaurants; Roxane's the theme buffet restaurant, Garibaldi the Italian, Kiku the Japanese and Limanaki the Cypriot tavern and liked the half board plus local drink one each and a bottle of water between two.

Also that you found the room to be modern with a comfortable bed, that you liked the sun bed allocation system, the location and enjoyed your birthday cake and cards.

Once again thank you for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit in the not too distant future.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager

Been to Alexander The Great Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!