“Alexander the Greta - A Fantastic Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Posidonos Ave., Paphos 8102, Cyprus   |
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Alexander the Greta - A Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have just returned from The Alexander the Great Hotel and can only say that WE WILL RETURN!
The staff, food, entertainments team were all excellent. We would like to particularly mention RAJ and EMMA who always greeted you with a big smile and were both were so helpful.
The All Stars Team are ALL STARS, friendly, fun and well organised. They would subtly walk round the pool just before an event asking if you wanted to join in, rather than loud announcements. The weekly sheets provided you a full list of times and events as well.
We were allocated sunbeds on arrival, which is a fantastic idea and removed the mad rush in the morning.
The free WiFi was accessible everywhere, even poolside.
The manager was always visible walking around asking if all was OK, which was quite unique.
The rooms are cleaned constantly with fresh towels, turned turned sheets with a chocolate of a night, which my wife always go to first!

You will not be disappointed with this hotel, the staff, the food and its location.

One minor issue was that the 3rd bed for our 16 year old daughter was just a sofa bed, which was hard and small. We raised this with reception and within 1/2 hour we had 3 staff in the room replacing it with a proper bed - FANTASTIC service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning the excellent location, the sun bed allocation system, the good food, the entertainments team and the free WiFi.

Most importantly our greatest asset the team of staff we have. We are very proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to provide the very best in customer service. Raj, Emma and the Allstars team Warren, Beth, Aimee, Steven and Emily have already been shown your review.

The whole team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We have literally just returned from a 2 week stay at the Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos where we also got married. 25 of us stayed at this hotel during the course of the 2 weeks all of varying age and I can honestly say that all of us had an absolutely awesome time.

We had 40 people at the wedding which was planned and organised by Cyprus Dream Weddings who's office is just opposite the hotel and we can not recommend them highly enough if you are considering get married in Cyprus.

The set up in the hotel is ideal for weddings and in our opinion is better than other hotels in the area due to the bespoke wedding venue and fantastic staff. Before choosing The Alexander The Great a year ago we visited Cyprus and the other leading hotels in the area that offered a wedding service and we were not disappointed by our choice of venue.

The reception is impressive, the rooms are comfortable, the food is some of the best we have tasted, the pool scene is relaxing and pleasant and the location is perfect within walking distance of the harbour.

The one thing however that you can not see without staying at the hotel is the impeccable level of service that the hotel offers with all staff giving 110%. The training and recruitment policies at the hotel are spot on, delivering a consistent level of service throughout. From the pool attendants to the manager of the hotel, everyone treats you like you are the only guests staying. It feels like all decisions that are made are in the best interests of the guest even if they can not accommodate everything.

Between us we used the majority of the facilities in the hotel from quiz's, gym, day time activities such as water polo and the spa, including various treatments, all which lived up to the high standard the hotel sets itself.

We saw the manager around the hotel almost every day and all his staff seem happy and motivated. We could not fault anyone in the hotel but a special thanks to Raj, Craig, Emma, Neophytos and all the other staff that served us at our wedding, Jacob, Phillipa and Helina the wedding coordinator at the hotel.

Whether considering visiting this hotel for a break or a wedding do not hesitate as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are bothered about the view from your room go for a sea view room as the rooms at the front o...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your wedding.

Your views about the hotel, the bespoke wedding venue " Unity Terrace", that the reception is impressive, the rooms are comfortable, the food is some of the best you have tasted, the location and the Serenity Spa living up to your expectations are greatly appreciated by all of us here.

The banqueting staff Neofytos and his team, Raj, Emma, Jacob,Helene our wedding coordinator and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will be delighted when I show them your review.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your future wedding anniversaries.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Plus points - great location (particularly if you pay for a full sea-view), fantastic staff who cannot do enough for you, good food (although with a little more variety could be excellent), sun bed allocation system stops the inevitable bed wars on holiday and recent refurbishment means that the rooms/public rooms/pools etc are clean and fresh.
Negatives - nothing worth mentioning!

Room Tip: High floor & full sea view is worth the extra
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about the great location of the hotel, the fantastic staff, the good food, the sun bed allocation system and cleanliness of the hotel. I am also glad that the refurbishments met with your approval.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have just come back from a two week holiday, this being the fifth time in a row we have visited. As ever the hotel staff were wonderful particularly Samia on front reception who was very friendly, helpful and so accommodating as were her colleagues. I would also like to mention Raj who always greets you with his lovely smile. Phillipa, Emma, the pool bar staff, all the waitresses, cooks and maids were also wonderful. They really cannot do enough for you. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has not visited before. I cannot imagine not going back. We had such a relaxing time. The food is absolutely wonderful and there is such a variety. The allocation of the sun beds is a brilliant idea and the sun bed man will always try and accommodate you. The rooms are very clean and comfy and everyone is so friendly. The hotel manager is always on hand ensuring the guests are enjoying their holiday. We had a room with a sea view which is also highly recommended. The entertainment is also very good. Its no surprise that many people return to this hotel and in fact we have made many friends who tend to visit the hotel the same time as us. Thank you to everyone and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra for a sea view room
Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, customer service, food, cleanliness of the hotel, sun bed allocation system, entertainment and also the comfy rooms.

Thank you for also mentioning by name, Samia, Raj, Emma and Philippa, also the pool bar staff, the cooks and the maids.

The whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your sixth visit
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Don't get me wrong, this is a truly fantastic hotel - up there with the best that North America and the UAE can offer, but please be aware of a couple of big issues.

Firstly the plus points: The staff, always smiling and cleaning. The hotel boss, a nice chap and is always walking the grounds to meet and greet new arrivals etc - nice touch.

The food is fantastic - holiday weight gain is inevitable.

The rooms are fresh and modern, although I don't think as were are good as 2013.

Now the negatives:

The hotel is classy, but sadly Paphos has become less so. The front of the hotel (inland side and the side you'll be given if you have more than one kid in tow) is situated on on a busyish road. Not really a problem during the day, but by night, things become very different. From around 5p.m. onto, on some nights 4.30a.m. this road becomes without exaggeration a race track! Quad bikes, boy races with sports exhausts and some seriously loud sound systems and sports bikes.

I live in near the busiest A roads in Edinburgh, so I'm well used to noise. However, this is noise pollution and a grand scale - sleep is virtually impossible!

The police really need to get a handle on this problem otherwise these classy and expensive hotels such as the ATG and Alymra/ Annabelle will be tarnished by this anti-social behaviour.

Unless I get a room at seafront side on this hotel, I won't be coming back.

Second point and possibly something easily fixed. The clever chair beds for kids seem to have lost some of the initial comfort. My daughter really struggled to get to sleep and tired and grumpy kids is the last thing you need on holiday. I ended up having to sleep in her bead and I can confirm is was not very comfy at all - it was musical beds for the duration or the holiday.

Room Tip: Beware the road side rooms - they're a no-go
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning that you found the food to be fantastic, the rooms fresh and modern and that the staff were always smiling.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards.We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback. Most certainly we will be looking into these issues within our operations and seeking ways to further improve our service quality.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

This was my first solo holiday for 30 years and I played safe by booking through Saga and paying for the best hotel I could afford. I chose this hotel but when I called to book, Saga told me I couldn't have a seaview room on my own - after a heartfelt email to the hotel, I was told it was fine. When I arrived I couldn't have wished for a better room - top floor in the middle of the hotel with an uninterrupted view of the sea.
I found everything about the hotel fantastic. The food was very good, particularly the Italian and Japanese restaurants and the all staff were so friendly and welcoming, particularly Leoni who helped me get my room, the blonde girl on the pool bar, the young lads getting my cocktails, my room cleaner, the waiters ( particularly one young man with a smile that split his face) and even the manager of the hotel who appeared at very regular intervals and took such an interest. I even loved the cats! Another great thing was that you get allocated a sunbed on your first day that stays yours for as long as you want it - no searching in the mornings.
I could walk into Paphos in 15minutes along the seafront and there were such a lot of interesting things to do locally. Thoroughly recommended!
As an aside there was a dedicated room for Saga guests with an abundance of alcohol and soft drinks and the rep was very informative. Fabulous holiday!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel. Also for you personal recommendation to other Solo travelers as we have many guests that come to stay with us by themselves and I am sure other potential Solo guests will find your recommendation reassuring.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about your room, the food, the restaurants and in particular the Garibaldi Italian and the Kiku Japanese.

I am delighted to read that you were assisted prior to arrival by Leoni in our reservations department. Also that you found the pool bar staff, the barmen, the room cleaners and the waiters friendly and welcoming. I will personally be showing them your review and they will all be happy when they see that they have been mentioned.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just got back from a week away in paradise, miss it so much! Stayed here in July with family and friends for 1 week, and also got married here!
The hotel is in a great location easy walk to the harbour and shops. The hotel itself is spotless and very well looked after! Our room was the deluxe sea view we had a great sea view! The room is very clean and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was amazing (I love the fact that you could listen to music in the shower! The t.v in the room connected to a speaker in the bathroom, fantastic! Towels changed regularly. Loved the sunbed allocation for the whole week,(No more waking up at the crack of dawn to save a sunbed! The Breakfast/Dinner was very good quality and good selection/themes every night. The pool is a good size and not too cold,loved the pool bar i had many cocktails here which were very tasty.
The staff here are amazing! I have experienced the best service here,everyone is so helpful and friendly.
The unity terrace (Where we got married) is stunning and has amazing views of the sea. I had the best day of my life here,wish i could do it all again! The layout was amazing and the food was very good! Thank you to everyone that made our day so special!
I would highly recommend this hotel and will definetly be returning!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Deluxe sea view, stunning views!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your holiday and wedding.

Your views about the hotel, the food, the location, the Delux Front Sea View Room, the sun bed allocation system, the pools and Infinity Pool Bar are most appreciated.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Been to Alexander The Great Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!