We just got back and what a fantastic hotel! It really is as good as all the reviews state. We were a little worried that there would not be enough for our son to do and that the hotel was geared towards adults but we were wrong. There is something for everyone. The kids club is fantastic! Vicky and Sabine there are a very safe pair of hands and our son enjoyed his time and listed this as one of his favourite things about the holiday. It is also really well thought out. There are movie nights booked into the weekly schedule so parents can go to the adult only Garibaldi restaurant! The entertainment staff are also fantastic. Warren is a favourite with our son - he thinks he is hilarious but all the staff are great. The entertainment was fantastic and as other reviewers have said not forced on anyone and really friendly and welcoming.
Food - fantastic! You will need elasticated waistbands! We loved all the restaurants and the service was fantastic! You will read that Emma and Raj are fantastic which is very true but the other staff are also great! Our son mostly tried everything on offer but if you do have a fussy eater a kids menu is available at each restaurant with kiddie favourites. The hotel felt really relaxed. There isnt the mad rush that you experience in other hotels. It is a really well managed and organised place and you will leave feeling happy and relaxed.
Philippa in Guest Relations is also fantastic! She organised for a bottle of bubbly to be left in our room upon arrival as my husband was celebrating a special birthday and also ensured we got our 'date night' at Garibaldis even though she was clearly suffering with tooth ache. Thank you Philippa it was much appreciated!
Maids are fantastic at this hotel. My son thinks the hotel is run my magic. Everytime we left our room we would come back and it would have been cleaned! He made it his mission to find out who left the chocolate on his pillow every night and was ecstatic on the last night when he caught the maid! Reception staff are likewise very helpful and friendly.
We really enjoyed our stay, thank you to all of the staff who made our holiday memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus