“Practically perfect in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Posidonos Ave., Paphos 8102, Cyprus   |
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Paphos
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Practically perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed in ATG for 2 weeks from 2-16th July before the school holidays so not many children there. The Hotel facilities were excellent, the staff were helpful and the enterainment was very good. The food was lovely and the Italian restaurant exceptional, special thanks to Paula who served us very well and Raj in the Japanese restaurant, who always had a smile to great us. Bars and lounge areas were of a high standard and all the bar staff were helpful. The in house entertainment staff were friendly and always mixed and chatted with the guests. Warren managed the All Stars entertainment events with enthusiasm and the team Steven, Beth Emily and Aimee were brilliant. Special thanks to Aimee. All worked very hard to make our holiday perfect.

Room Tip: Couples will enjoy the Cabanas with swim up pools.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that we exceeded your holiday expectations and that you found the hotel to be " practically perfect in every way". Thank you for mentioning that you found that the hotel facilities were excellent, the food lovely, the bars and lounge areas were of a high standard.

It always gives me great pleasure to read about the fantastic team of staff I have here at the hotel. I will be personally showing your review to all of the staff especially Paula the head waitress in the Garibaldi Restaurant, Raj the head waiter in Kiku the Japanese Restaurant, the bar staff and Warren, Aimee, Emily, Steven and Beth our Kanika Allstars Team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the not too distant future.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We have had the pleasure of visiting this hotel before and after the refurb and will definitely return again.
The refit that has been completed is outstanding. The rooms are a great size, with plenty of storage and beautiful fittings. The two poster beds add to the luxury, yet simple style of the rooms. The bathrooms are lovely, again with great storage and the window between the bathroom and bedroom provides additional light and a feeling of a larger room.
The restaurants serve fantastic food with the added bonus of having a dine around option of 4 restaurants to choose from. Kiku, the Japanese restaurant was out of this world. We thought it would just be sushi, but once the superb Phillipa (Guest Relations) explained that this wasn't the case we thought we would give it a go and we were so pleased that we did. The outdoor setting, overlooking the sea, with the castle in the distance was beautiful and the food was incredible. The Limanaki Greek Tavern, allows you to try some traditional Cypriot meze. The main buffet restaurant, Roxane's, was a different theme each night and once again the food is amazing.
Cocktails and beer are reasonably priced although soft drinks are costly.
You are provided with an activity sheet each week detailing the daily activities, such as waterpolo and darts, the restaurant themes and evening entertainment.
The fantastic entertainment team, headed up by Warren, with Steve, Beth, Aimee and Emily all work extremely hard, carrying out the daily activities, which they are not forceful with to participate as well as the great evening entertainment. The bar staff, particularly Angelina, Dennis and Erik, always served us with a smile. Emma and Raj in the restaurants always had time to have a little chat.
The hotel is spotless and the housekeeping staff do a fantastic job.
The pool area is beautiful and the sun bed allocation is something more hotels should adopt but as always there are people who don't appear to understand the system!!!
Both my husband and I feel that whilst this hotel is excellent they have a strong desire to improve and this is evidenced by the changing attitude of the reception staff. We have read many a comment on here regarding the poor reception staff customer service, we however during our 11 night stay in July never witnessed this once, they always said hello, resolved issues immediately and efficiently and with a smile. It is clear that the management of this hotel listen to feedback and act.
Overall this hotel is a must to stay at if you are planning a visit to Paphos and we can't wait to return.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the whole team and I really appreciate the comments you have written and that you have returned to stay with us.

Thank you for highlighting that you approve of the recent refurbishments that took place, that you found the rooms to be a great size with plenty of storage and liked the window with privacy blind in the bathroom. That you found the food to be fantastic and enjoyed the dine around option of having four different restaurants to sample during your stay.

I am delighted to read that our Kanika Allstars entertained you during the day and evening, Warren, Beth, Aimee, Emily, Steven our entertainments team and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will thrilled that they have been mentioned.

From the whole team of staff and myself we look forward to the day when you once more walk through the door and are welcomed by all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks at the beginning of July with two sea view rooms. The hotel was fantastic! The staff and managers from all departments where friendly and helpful. The restaurants were excellent, including the three speciality restaurants [especially the Italian!!] where the service was second to non. The rooms were spacious, modern, light and kept clean by the friendly hard working housekeepers who were continuously cleaning throughout the hotel. The hotels location was perfect for walking into Pafos harbour, the local shops and two beaches. All hotels need to adopt the sunned allocation system! Stress free sunbathing!
My parents renewed their wedding vows on the Unity Terrace for their 25th wedding anniversary, the staff made them feel like royalty even though it was a low key ceremony. A BIG thank you to Eva for making the day extra special and for arranging it all.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for choosing the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your recent stay and for your parents renewal of vows ceremony.

It is very pleasing to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and felt the need to share this experience with us and other reviewers. We greatly appreciate that you have rated our facilities, service and quality highly and also made a special mention to our team member, Eva one of our wedding coordinators. I will share all of your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you for mentioning your two Front Sea View Rooms, that you sampled and enjoyed all of our restaurants; Roxane's the theme buffet restaurant, Garibaldi the Italian, Kiku the Japanese and Limanaki the Cypriot tavern. That you found the rooms to be spacious, modern, light and clean. Also that the hotel's location and sun bed allocation system were to your liking.

Once again thank you for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit in the not too distant future. Please pass on our Congratulations once again to your parents from all of the team.
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Once again we stayed at this wonderful hotel, The staff were as usual top class and I shall first get my thank you's to them on the reception counter the staff were friendly and helpful on arrival that were in our room within 10 mins of walking through the door our luggage was with us before we had put our hand luggage down, The next morning we went down to our breakfast and met many of the staff who were there last year who were again brilliant at there jobs so thank you Emma,Raj,Athena , Quentin and Aphrodite who seated us for our meals then we came to the waiting staff who were again a hard working and polite crew thanks to Veronika ,Rebeka Paula the food serving staff who deserve a mention are Maria the lady who cooks the eggs in the morning ,Marios and Francis who work tirelessly then I must say the cleaning staff were excellent many thanks and appreciation to every one who have made my holiday so complete now to the hotel The room we were given was clean and spacious and well equipped but once again the smart TV was not up to the job as with last year it was slow to load and very disappointing but as I didn't come to watch tv it did not bother me the internet connections were slow again this caused me no problems,The food this year was exceptional even the Mexican night which I did not like last year was top form As to the entertainment it was very much the same as last year enthusiastic but of a mediocre standard the one stand out was the rock band symbiosis who when they first came out looked like the oldest swingers in town but once they started their set were very very good only problem was 2 of the Kanika all stars who sat down with a couple of family's and drowned out the band the family's were themselves were quiet, very unprofessional,the sun bed allocation was again a bonus the first beds we had were not where we wanted but when some came free in the location we wanted we were moved to them with no hassle,the general manager was always around so if you had any problems he was approachable and very amenable to assist or you could contact the very helpful Phillipa this hotel and staff once again came up to and exceeded my expectations a well deserved thank you to all, A great hotel and location

Room Tip: Always go for a sea view room if you can
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays once again for a repeat visit. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments that on arrival you were greeted warmly and efficiently by the reception staff including the porter. That the restaurants and kitchens staff were brilliant and hard working, Emma, Raj, Athena, Quentin, Aphrodite, Veronika, Rebeka, Paula ( Restaurants) and Maria, Marios and Francis ( Chefs).

Thank you for also mentioning the hard working Housekeeping team and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager.Also that you found the food to be exceptional, enjoyed the location of the hotel and the sun bed allocation system.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit, with warm regards from all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

After returning from ATG in June I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff and management for a wonderful holiday . A special thank you to the executive chef Pambos for arranging some vine leaves for me after I said I had not seen any all holiday. They were delicious and specially made by Despina. We hope to return again in the near future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

Your views about the staff are most appreciated, I have already shown your review to Pambos our Executive Chef and Despina who made the delicious vine leaves for you. They were truly delighted to read your review.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had a wonderful time at this hotel , book the garden rooms/ cabanas they are fab!!! The guest liaison manager Philipa is an absolute star she made the holiday special. Beautiful rooms, pools, spa , views & exceptional food. The hotel has had a makeover and it is spotless. The service and courtesy from all of the staff was second to none very cheery and personable. The evening entertainment was not for me but that's a personal choice.
I would love to revisit and would recommend anybody of all ages to go and especially for a celebration.
I have travelled extensively around Cyprus over 15 years and this is the best hotel I have stayed in.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

Thank you for mentioning the Cabanas with Garden,the recent renovations, the views, the exceptional food, beautiful rooms, high standards of cleanliness and most importantly our greatest asset the team of staff we have. We are very proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to provide the very best in customer service. Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will be delighted when she sees that she has been named in your review.

The whole team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Hopefully you will choose to celebrate another special occasion with us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed here at the end of june for one week and wished we had booked to stay longer, as soon as we arrived everyone could not do enough for you the staff are excellent always remembering your names when you go for breakfast and dinner, rooms are immaculate cleaned twice a day clean towels twice a day and beach towels left in the bathroom for you with chocolates left on you pillow at night, but I really need to highlight the kids club Vicky and Sabine are the two girls who run the club are excellent they made my daughters stay here fantastic she went to the kids club everyday of our holiday it is a secure air conditioned room with lots of activities during the day they had face painting, t-shirt painting, pirate day, playing games drawing and painting then in the evening they have a mini disco, games and movie night between 8pm and 11pm. This was our third visit to paphos but this was the best hotel by far and we can't wait to return one day.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the whole team and I really appreciate the comments you have written.

Thank you for highlighting that you found the rooms to be immaculate, with towels changed twice a day, that pool towels are supplied in all the rooms and that you liked the turn down service in the evening.

Most importantly I am delighted to read that every member of staff couldn't do enough for you and that the restaurant staff remembered your names. Vicky and Sabine will be delighted when they are shown your review personally by myself and that you have mentioned all the activities that they organise for the children aged three to twelve years in the Little Monsters Kids Club. They will be so pleased that your daughter had a fantastic time with them.

Been to Alexander The Great Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!