What a fabulous hotel! Got married here on the 2nd of July this year and stayed for for a week along with family and friends. The hotel itself is stunning and beautifully clean. There is a small army of people who work from dawn just to keep everything pristine and always with a smile.
The rooms are lovely, we had a cabana which was just fabulous and others in our party had superior rooms - it is worth upgrading to a seaview room for the views and no noise from the road. All are spacious and very well maintained.
The food is quite simply gorgeous in all of the restaurants and choices just sumptuous!
All the staff were so pleasant and just couldn't do enough for us. Special mention for Philippa, guest relations who was lovely, Emma in the dining room and Alina the cocktail waitress who was so bubbly and befriended our little granddaughter without seeming to mind her following her everywhere! The pool areas were great with all kinds of water features and in the heat it was quite nice to have an indoor pool too as an option to cool off.
Although we didn't join in any of the activities, the animation team seemed very busy and feedback was good.
Finally our wedding - what a lovely venue! It was a bit of a risk booking this event without visiting the venue beforehand but there no need to worry, Eva the wedding co-ordinator was wonderful and attentive to all our needs - as by the way was Leanne from Cyprus wedding advisor who coordinated it all on behalf of Thomson. The Unity terrace is beautiful and totally private from sun bathers and others, It was a real wow factor for us and our guests particularly when decorated. It was beautiful to watch the sun setting from the terrace too! The champagne and cake cutting reception and sit down reception was just lovely and again the food was stunning. Our head waiter for the whole evening, Neofytos was great and his mix of attentiveness and humour was just right.
We only wish we had stayed longer as a week wasn't enough but we will be returning for our anniversary for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus